What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ezekiel Elliott visits POT STORE (1 Viewer)

Spread the word. Zeke beat his girlfriend, has a bad hammy and was on TMZ at a weed store before his game. Spread this everywhere. 

It's fine, the NFL is actually OK with pot smokers. They give them plenty of advance warning about drug tests so they can clean up. But if a player is stupid enough to fail a drug test, that's when they have to crack down with the random tests.

It's fine, the NFL is actually OK with pot smokers. They give them plenty of advance warning about drug tests so they can clean up. But if a player is stupid enough to fail a drug test, that's when they have to crack down with the random tests.
If they were fine with it they wouldn't test for it. How much of an advanced warning are players given? Marijuana can stay in a persons system for 2-4 weeks. 

If they were fine with it they wouldn't test for it. How much of an advanced warning are players given? Marijuana can stay in a persons system for 2-4 weeks. 
There is a testing window that (yes literally) stated on 4/20 this year and goes for about 2-3 months.  From what I understand during that time all players will get a random drug test.  So basically a player not in the drug program just needs to prepare for that 4/20 date and refrain from smoking until their test date.  After that as long as they aren't "caught", police incident or something similar that requires an nfl investigation, they are free to smoke away.

There is a single 60 day window in the spring.  After that there are no tests except for those in the Program.  So don't get caught in that time and you can puff it up the rest of the year.  Don't be a ####### and get arrested for pot or a video on TMZ to call extra attention to yourself and you'll stay out of the Program.

If he had is test for the year he doesn't need to worry about for the year.  I don't know if they would test because of a tabloid story.

The Tick said:
There is a testing window that (yes literally) stated on 4/20 this year and goes for about 2-3 months.  From what I understand during that time all players will get a random drug test.  So basically a player not in the drug program just needs to prepare for that 4/20 date and refrain from smoking until their test date.  After that as long as they aren't "caught", police incident or something similar that requires an nfl investigation, they are free to smoke away.
420 really??

frankly my dear I don't give a damn.  Neither does the nfl - they have policies in place for PR and those who are too addicted to stop for a couple months. But occasional use? :shrug:

frankly my dear I don't give a damn.  Neither does the nfl - they have policies in place for PR and those who are too addicted to stop for a couple months. But occasional use? :shrug:
This. As long as EZE isn't stupid/arrogant/addicted (like Karlos Williams, Gordon, Bell) he should be fine. 

Ilov80s said:
Spread the word. Zeke beat his girlfriend, has a bad hammy and was on TMZ at a weed store before his game. Spread this everywhere. 
:goodposting:

I heard he will be suspended the first eleventeen weeks of the season.

If he had is test for the year he doesn't need to worry about for the year.  I don't know if they would test because of a tabloid story.
If there is one thing we know for sure it is that the NFL does not respond to irresponsible journalism.

___ Peyton Manning, James Harrison, Clay Mathews, Julius Peppers, Mike Neal

Not a smart move, but sounds like a lot of smoke and no fire (puns intended). 
It's tourism really. I went to Denver for my sister's wedding and half my family wanted to go into a pot store just to see and they don't smoke. They were just curious. Those places get a lot of tourists that just want to check the place out. 

It's tourism really. I went to Denver for my sister's wedding and half my family wanted to go into a pot store just to see and they don't smoke. They were just curious. Those places get a lot of tourists that just want to check the place out. 
I visited 2 stores in Portland when I was up there for the PDX Hot Sauce Festival.  Reminded me of when I lived in Amsterdam, but without the ability to light up on premises.  

I was not purely a tourist. ;)  

Also reminded me of the liquor stores in WA when I lived in Seattle - blue laws, so hard liquor is only available in state-run stores. While I think that's silly, I also think pot should be decriminalized for recreational use in all 50 states. Whether you smoke or not, the state would get tax dollars instead of that $ disappearing into the black market. The people that're gonna smoke are gonna smoke either way. Make it safe, affordable and keep the revenue above board. 

/rant

Good for Elliot.  Legally browsed a store and then embarrassed Kam Chancellor on the field later that evening.  The media fabricated drama is nauseating.  I miss the old days when "sports" media actually talked about sports.  It is sad that people are getting sports "news" from TMZ now.

Surely you know there is a big difference between your family being seen in a pot store whilst in CO for a wedding and the #4 pick in the NFL draft being seen in a pot store in Seattle before his first NFL game vs the Seabags. 

I hope your post was in jest...

Surely you know there is a big difference between your family being seen in a pot store whilst in CO for a wedding and the #4 pick in the NFL draft being seen in a pot store in Seattle before his first NFL game vs the Seabags. 

Unless he was seen buying pot and smoking it this is a non story.  This is not news and just seems like typical media crap trying to get people's attention.

Good for Elliot.  Legally browsed a store and then embarrassed Kam Chancellor on the field later that evening.  The media fabricated drama is nauseating.  I miss the old days when "sports" media actually talked about sports.  It is sad that people are getting sports "news" from TMZ now.
He can legally just browse in a Vegas brothel, too. Good luck explaining that to his ol lady.

Media fabricated drama is the world these guys live in. As such, he needs to be smarter about where he allows himself to be seen. The domestic abuse thing already has people's eyes and ears perked up. He may be 100% innocent but people still have him under the scope. He should be on best behavior but instead goes to a place where they sell stuff he is forbidden from having? Dumb as a bag of hammers.

It's about being smart enough to know just because he can do something doesn't mean he should.

My post was not in jest. I know there is a difference because nobody gives a f about my family where Zeke is famous. However, he has every right to go in there check it out. It's a common thing for people in Colorado or Washington to do. I promise you plenty of other players have done the same. He didn't buy anything. He's never had an issue with drugs. It's a total non story IMO. 

He can legally just browse in a Vegas brothel, too. Good luck explaining that to his ol lady.

Media fabricated drama is the world these guys live in. As such, he needs to be smarter about where he allows himself to be seen. The domestic abuse thing already has people's eyes and ears perked up. He may be 100% innocent but people still have him under the scope. He should be on best behavior but instead goes to a place where they sell stuff he is forbidden from having? Dumb as a bag of hammers.

It's about being smart enough to know just because he can do something doesn't mean he should.
Wow. That is quite a leap. 

Unless he was seen buying pot and smoking it this is a non story.  This is not news and just seems like typical media crap trying to get people's attention.
Seems to have gotten Jerry Jones' attention. You know, the guy who has millions riding on EE. You think any of these owners/coaching staffs have any sense of humor about losing big time players to suspensions for stupid ####? 

Yes, he reportedly did not buy anything nor was seen smoking. Still, why go there and cast any doubt that his head is not only not on his first NFL game but on checking out stuff he is prohibited from having? Just dumb.

Seems to have gotten Jerry Jones' attention. You know, the guy who has millions riding on EE. You think any of these owners/coaching staffs have any sense of humor about losing big time players to suspensions for stupid ####? 

Yes, he reportedly did not buy anything nor was seen smoking. Still, why go there and cast any doubt that his head is not only not on his first NFL game but on checking out stuff he is prohibited from having? Just dumb.
JJ reacted that way because of public perception. It's a non story. 

OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!

Well for one, he's never had a history of drugs.  As long as he wasn't seen buying any he's not going to get in any trouble.   Pretty common for kids to go check out things like that if they are curious. 

The country is rapidly moving towards legalization.  They're only 22 states left that don't have some form of legalized marijuana. You and Jerry Jones should probably watch the news. I'll get off your lawn now.

Still, why go there and cast any doubt that his head is not only not on his first NFL game but on checking out stuff he is prohibited from having? Just dumb.
I'd be happy he's so relaxed that he's out doing fun touristy stuff instead of stressing and nervous about his 1st NFL game. 

Seems to me it's more the invasive journalism where a guy can't just go out and walk around without some slimy TMZ ##### hiding in the bushes that's the problem.

the NFL I grew up with was a man's game - North Dallas 40, coke and hookers, guys actually tackled each other like men. Not this sissy flag/touch game everyone's calling "football" these days. Only difference is now we have sleazy pseudo-news invading everyone's privacy so we hear about a trip to the pot store where he didn't even buy anything. (Most boring pot store visit story ever, btw) 

Let Zeke smoke - who cares.

I'd be more concerned if he was in a pharmacy trying to score oxy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ reacted that way because of public perception. It's a non story. 
Disagree. Jerruh's new toy is being investigated for domestic abuse AND now there's questions about weed and/or his judgement. That's more drama than he wants from a guy who hasn't even taken the field in a regular season game yet.

Makes sense EVERYONE just randomly walks in to a weed store to see what its about..... *rolling eyes*

He should know enough regardless of the reason he should not be stepping near that store that alone shows he is just plain stupid. Its fine to want weed not banned in the NFL but it is so this is a story. There are likely plenty of NFL players smoking but you don't see anything about them near a dispensary.

Also if I remember hearing correctly if there is reason to believe someone has taken a banned substance they can be tested outside of the standard process. I would suspect going in to a weed store would possibly full under this heading but who knows if the NFL cares or if Jerry Jones pays off the NFL.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Player Development/2015 Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse.pdf

[SIZE=12pt]Testing by Agreement: [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]An NFL Club and a Player may agree that the Player will submit to unannounced testing during the term of his NFL Contract, provided that the Club has a reasonable basis for requesting testing. A Positive Test Result (as hereinafter defined) as a result of such testing shall be reported to the Medical Director and shall result in the P[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]layer’s [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]entry into Stage One. Once a Player enters an Intervention Stage, the number of tests required will be determined by the Medical Director or the Medical Advisor, as set forth herein [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]– [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]not by the terms of the P[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]layer’s [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]NFL Contract. Upon being dismissed from the Intervention Program, the P[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]layer’s [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]NFL Contract will govern the number of tests required. All individually negotiated testing shall be conducted under the direction of the Medical Advisor and not the Club. In cases of individually negotiated testing, all Interested Parties will continue to be bound by the confidentiality provisions established in this Policy. [/SIZE]

OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!

Well for one, he's never had a history of drugs.  As long as he wasn't seen buying any he's not going to get in any trouble.   Pretty common for kids to go check out things like that if they are curious. 

The country is rapidly moving towards legalization.  They're only 22 states left that don't have some form of legalized marijuana. You and Jerry Jones should probably watch the news. I'll get off your lawn now.
I couldn't care less how much weed the players smoke. I don't make the rules, though, and I am not his employer, coach, etc.

Doesnt matter if all 50 states legalize it. NFL currently says no.

First of all, Jerry is an idiot and I'm not so sure he has as much control on what happens on that team as everyone thinks.  I believe there are some smarter people running things now, one being his son.

Second, no owner is going to make any rash decisions on their high first round pick based on a story like this.  Zeke would actually have to violate an NFL policy to have anything done.

This means nothing and nothing will be done.  Overreaction right now.

Disagree. Jerruh's new toy is being investigated for domestic abuse AND now there's questions about weed and/or his judgement. That's more drama than he wants from a guy who hasn't even taken the field in a regular season game yet.
Seems pretty standard with Cowboy's players.  Has there been another team that has had more players with problems and making the news?  I'm sure they're doing just fine.

I couldn't care less how much weed the players smoke. I don't make the rules, though, and I am not his employer, coach, etc.

Doesnt matter if all 50 states legalize it. NFL currently says no.
I agree with that too but the league doesn't have any rules saying he can't go into that type of business.  Test him and if he fails then he's an idiot.  If he passes then I just assume all the people overreacting are idiots.

It seems the Cowboys have dealt with more druggies and trouble makers than most teams in the NFL though.  Could just be the national attention they demand though.
Of course they do. They tend to take chances on guys and have a pretty good success rate at helping them with their program. 

There has been a rash of suspensions this season but prior to this uptick they have been at the lower end of the spectrum in recent years. 

Of course they do. They tend to take chances on guys and have a pretty good success rate at helping them with their program. 

There has been a rash of suspensions this season but prior to this uptick they have been at the lower end of the spectrum in recent years. 
I was thinking in terms of the Cowboy's overall history, not just recently.  I remember everyone always calling them the Cocaine Cowboys back in the 90's.

It seems the Cowboys have dealt with more druggies and trouble makers than most teams in the NFL though.  Could just be the national attention they demand though.
The Steelers have their fair share.

Arizona has taken a few chances too. Hell they took a guy in the 1st round that made a video of himself doing drugs lol. 

All NFL teams have players that do it. Some teams are either lucky not to get caught, hide it well or just haven't been caught yet. You can't think the Cowboys are the only team with troubled players!?!?!?

Tex

The Steelers have their fair share.

Arizona has taken a few chances too. Hell they took a guy in the 1st round that made a video of himself doing drugs lol. 

All NFL teams have players that do it. Some teams are either lucky not to get caught, hide it well or just haven't been caught yet. You can't think the Cowboys are the only team with troubled players!?!?!?

Tex
I don't think the Cowboys are the only team, I just think they have more and take chances on more players.

Which player for Arizona are you talking about?

I agree with that too but the league doesn't have any rules saying he can't go into that type of business.  Test him and if he fails then he's an idiot.  If he passes then I just assume all the people overreacting are idiots.
To my knowledge, the League doesn't have a specific rule against spending the night at a crack house, either. Just being there doesn't make someone guilty of anything but it will sure as #### raise questions if seen there. I just don't know why he would want any more questions/suspicion/drama/etc on top of all the domestic abuse stuff. 

IIANM, McClain and Gregory already suspended for substance infractions. EE should look at that (plus the heat already on him) and realize his team doesn't need any more BS right now. Skip the trip to the weed mart and find something else to do before first NFL game. Part of being a mature adult man and professional is sometimes choosing not to do something (he can) because he shouldn't. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge, the League doesn't have a specific rule against spending the night at a crack house, either. Just being there doesn't make someone guilty of anything but it will sure as #### raise questions if seen there. I just don't know why he would want any more questions/suspicion/drama/etc on top of all the domestic abuse stuff. 
I admit that it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it's still pretty much a non-issue.

IMO Jerry just cares if his players perform on the field.  Jerry's proven over the years that he doesn't if you're a choir boy off of the field.  This is much ado about nothing except for the gossip whores that need to stick their noses in players' personal lives.

Users who are viewing this thread