What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 1 (1 Viewer)

SwampDawg

Footballguy
QB - Might be worth paying for Wilson, Miami looks that bad on D. He is the 5th highest prices but might put up the most points.  Best value ? Romo at $6800 if healthy, Stafford $7200, Osweiler $6300

RB - Rawls $6000 if he plays, L. Murray $5600, Ingram and Lacy not bad value as well.

WR - Marvin Jones $4600, all over this. Kenny Stills $3200 is interesting, he has really been in sync with Tannehill and Miami almost sure to be playing from behind. Biggest worry is they a goose egg against Seattle. Of the premium priced guys Keena Allen at $8k might be under played.

TE - I like Dwayne Allen and Kyle Rudolph as value plays.

I assume you are looking at value by rating players above and behind, ie near them in price.  At Daily Fantasy Power, we have a scientific and proven method of calculating value--by comparing prices across all the top DFS sites.  Let's use our Power Salary to check on your ideas.

On Draft Kings, Russell is a decent value, he is about 6% less than he is on Fan Duel.  However on Fantasy Aces, he is 20% less--so a great play there.  Each of the other three is nice value on Draft Kings, particularly Stafford, who is over 23% less than on Fan Duel.

Rawls is a decent but not great value on Draft Kings--he can be had for a good bit less on Fantasy Aces and Yahoo.  The other three are quite expensive on Draft Kings, particularly Lacy who is over 26% more there than on Fan Duel.

Jones is a good deal on Draft Kings compared to Fantasy Aces and Yahoo, but he is ever a better deal on Fan Duel where he is 17% less than on Draft Kings.  Draft Kings is the best place to play Stills, but the worst place to play Allen (he is 23% less on Fan Duel.)

Both Allen and Rudolph have their best value on Draft Kings.

Remember, once you have identified the players you like, you still need to find the site that gives you the best prices for them, even if they seem inexpensive, they can still be over valued.

First crack

Stafford

Ivory, Miller

Julio, Lockett, Marvin Jones

Walford

Moncrief

Eagles D

$200 left over

ETA - Might change Lockett and Walford around and play with it.  John Brown at $5200 seems good or Willie Snead at $4800 come across as possible switches right away.  Probably takes a good bit of tinkering to find another TE though.  Thinking mostly 50/50 with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do we feel about Ertz this week with Bradford's departure? He should be a target sponge, but with questions at QB is that enough?

Guys I like this week.

QB: Carr, Prescott, Winston

RB: Ware, Murray, Gurley(if you have the cash space)

WR: Brown, Cooper, Moncrief, M Jones

TE; Kelce, Ertz

DT: Eagles, Vikes, Texans, Cheapo Browns

Carson Wentz will start now which makes him an interesting play at the same price as Prescott also at home against a week DT.

The Giants D is going to be a great contrarian play.  With Prescott ownership sure to be through the roof, very few will be on Giants D which is getting a rookie in first NFL start 

I assume you are looking at value by rating players above and behind, ie near them in price.  At Daily Fantasy Power, we have a scientific and proven method of calculating value--by comparing prices across all the top DFS sites.  Let's use our Power Salary to check on your ideas.

On Draft Kings, Russell is a decent value, he is about 6% less than he is on Fan Duel.  However on Fantasy Aces, he is 20% less--so a great play there.  Each of the other three is nice value on Draft Kings, particularly Stafford, who is over 23% less than on Fan Duel.

Rawls is a decent but not great value on Draft Kings--he can be had for a good bit less on Fantasy Aces and Yahoo.  The other three are quite expensive on Draft Kings, particularly Lacy who is over 26% more there than on Fan Duel.

Jones is a good deal on Draft Kings compared to Fantasy Aces and Yahoo, but he is ever a better deal on Fan Duel where he is 17% less than on Draft Kings.  Draft Kings is the best place to play Stills, but the worst place to play Allen (he is 23% less on Fan Duel.)

Both Allen and Rudolph have their best value on Draft Kings.

Remember, once you have identified the players you like, you still need to find the site that gives you the best prices for them, even if they seem inexpensive, they can still be over valued.
interesting site concept, rather simple yet it would definitely be useful and probably saves hours n hours of legwork.

Is it just for one individual player or will it analyze an entire lineup?

First crack

Stafford

Ivory, Miller

Julio, Lockett, Marvin Jones

Walford

Moncrief

Eagles D

$200 left over

ETA - Might change Lockett and Walford around and play with it.  John Brown at $5200 seems good or Willie Snead at $4800 come across as possible switches right away.  Probably takes a good bit of tinkering to find another TE though.  Thinking mostly 50/50 with this.
I've tweaked this a lot but I still have a lot of shares in Moncrief, Miller, Marvin Jones and added in a lot of Allen Robinson (my favorite 50/50 play this week).  Sprinkled in some Cmike, Spencer Ware, Even a Wentz/Jmatt and Dak/Dez stack in some tourns. 

How do we feel about Ertz this week with Bradford's departure? He should be a target sponge, but with questions at QB is that enough?
I liked Ertz a ton before they traded Bradford now I've been substituting him out a lot for some Fleener, Witten types.  

Am I crazy or did something weird happen with Antonio Brown on DK?

I had entered lineups and contests with him yesterday and those have all disappeared, and now he no longer appears in the player list.  WTF?

There are no Sun/Mon options for creating lineups either.  I must be missing something obvious.

Only two slates were posted yesterday Thursday - Monday and Sunday only. Maybe you were looking at your upcoming contests and not live ones? 

Fairly new to DFS and draftkings. I played a little last year, but mainly just guessed at players and picked players from my favorite teams (apparently this is not a winning strategy). This year using Footballguys I had the highest draft grade in almost all of my season long fantasy leagues and hoping the knowledge that exist on this site will help me win a little more on DFS. I have read through about half of the cracking draftkings book and have picked up a lot of information.

I wanted to see what you guys thought of my lineup for this week.

Cash game (1 -50/50, 1 double up, 2 heads-up)

QB: Derek Carr

RBs: Mark Ingram, C. Michael

WRs: AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Julio Juones

TE: M. Bennett

Flex: James White

Def: Bengals

Tourney:

QB: Derek Carr

RBs:James White, C. Michael

WRs: Crabtree, Julio, Moncrief

TEs: Bennett

Flex: Brandon Cooks

Def: Eagles

Let me know if I blew this all together or if these are reasonable. I appreciate any input.

I am using all the guys you mentioned in some of my cash lineups except AJ Green who at that price point I'd rather pay up for Becklam, Jones, or Brown  OR  go with A Rob for about the same price.  The other one I am not using is James White who I see as tourney only play.  Your lineups seem reasonable though.

Played either Stafford or Carr in all games, combos of Ware, L. Murray, Yeldon, Ingram and C. Michael at RB/Flex, at TE Allen, Rudolph, Kelce and Wolford and then paid up for WR sprinkling in Marvin Jones and Tajae Sharp when a lower price was needed.  Worked well as I cashed in 16 of 17, only loss was in a 6 person league a buddy sets up with guys he knows.

Are there any single entry tourneys at Draft Kings like there are at FanDuel?

I didn't see any, but the interface is different so I may not know how to find them.

Joe T,

Yes, there are some single entry tourneys on Draft Kings, to find them go to the lobby and there is a search box that says Search Contests. Type "single entry" into the box and they'll come up.

Going to be a decent first week.  Was worried as I really had a busy summer and didn't follow things like I usually do and didn't have time to do projections which really seemed to help me last year.  Should end up 30-40% which I fine.  TE's dragged me down a bit as Bennett and Cook were my favorites and both sucked.

Maybe I'm missing something. Weekend obligations prevented me from entering any contests until Sunday morning. I could not find any Sun-Mon contests. I am now looking at week 2, I still see none. Is there a window when these are open?  Did they get rid of them?

interesting site concept, rather simple yet it would definitely be useful and probably saves hours n hours of legwork.

Is it just for one individual player or will it analyze an entire lineup?
Hey, sorry to just now be getting back to you. No, we don't analyze lineups. Yes, it is very simple, what we do is show you how each player's salary changes from site to site. We show who over values them and who under values them.  And it works.  Just on DK week 1 I cashed 4 out of 7 GPPs where I played for money. On all four sites I cashed on 11 of 17 GPPs. 

Hey, sorry to just now be getting back to you. No, we don't analyze lineups. Yes, it is very simple, what we do is show you how each player's salary changes from site to site. We show who over values them and who under values them.  And it works.  Just on DK week 1 I cashed 4 out of 7 GPPs where I played for money. On all four sites I cashed on 11 of 17 GPPs. 
that's a bummer. Relative value is so key here

QB - Might be worth paying for Wilson, Miami looks that bad on D. He is the 5th highest prices but might put up the most points.  Best value ? Romo at $6800 if healthy, Stafford $7200, Osweiler $6300

RB - Rawls $6000 if he plays, L. Murray $5600, Ingram and Lacy not bad value as well.

WR - Marvin Jones $4600, all over this. Kenny Stills $3200 is interesting, he has really been in sync with Tannehill and Miami almost sure to be playing from behind. Biggest worry is they a goose egg against Seattle. Of the premium priced guys Keena Allen at $8k might be under played.

TE - I like Dwayne Allen and Kyle Rudolph as value plays.
I've never understood why people liked Stills so much this offseason. He had 27 catches last year That's not even two a game.

Dwayne Allen hurt. I didn't expect the 2 TE to continue in Indy. His backup probably got as many points as him.

I have never gone with Ingram and probably never will. Loved that guy in college and the Saints are about the worst team to become a stud RB on. 

Did you watch the GB game? How come Lacy only had 14 carries? I don't see other backs stealing them

I thought Rawls too. Kudos to Miami D there. Didn't expect that.

I'll probably ride the Marvin Jones train til they raise his salary. Replacing Calvin is such a prime opportunity 

I expected Murray to have more catches and the rook just surprised me.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I wanted to discuss your (way early) lineup. in my experience this is not the way to go. I did this a lot in the beginning. You're saving at every position and having all this value like some mother doing her grocery shopping. You "have to" have studs. It never worked for me to do it as you have. Does anyone else feel this way?

I've never understood why people liked Stills so much this offseason. He had 27 catches last year That's not even two a game.

Dwayne Allen hurt. I didn't expect the 2 TE to continue in Indy. His backup probably got as many points as him.

I have never gone with Ingram and probably never will. Loved that guy in college and the Saints are about the worst team to become a stud RB on. 

Did you watch the GB game? How come Lacy only had 14 carries? I don't see other backs stealing them

I thought Rawls too. Kudos to Miami D there. Didn't expect that.

I'll probably ride the Marvin Jones train til they raise his salary. Replacing Calvin is such a prime opportunity 

I expected Murray to have more catches and the rook just surprised me.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I wanted to discuss your (way early) lineup. in my experience this is not the way to go. I did this a lot in the beginning. You're saving at every position and having all this value like some mother doing her grocery shopping. You "have to" have studs. It never worked for me to do it as you have. Does anyone else feel this way?
That wasn't my lineup, that was just a discussion points of guys whose value I liked. I did use some of those guys (Stafford, L. Murray, M. Jones, Allen and C. Micheal instead of Rawls) which worked out fine then filling in with Studs. Cashed in 16 of 17.

Cashed in 16 of 17.
I never believe this when people say as such in this manner. A post where a bunch of guys didn't do well, followed by their 16 of 17 wins.

I'm not calling you out and being that guy. Can you say what happened? Suppose you were going with Rawls and then changed "last minute." Why? What went through your mind on these guys or others

I never believe this when people say as such in this manner. A post where a bunch of guys didn't do well, followed by their 16 of 17 wins.

I'm not calling you out and being that guy. Can you say what happened? Suppose you were going with Rawls and then changed "last minute." Why? What went through your mind on these guys or others
Not a last minute change from Rawls, all the news on Friday was that he would have a limited roll as they eased him back in and Miami's D is lousy so Micheal was an easy change that let me pay up even more at WR.  16 of 17 is nothing spectacular, had 4 different lineups in various 50/50's, double ups, small leagues and the $3 bubble (pays top 40%), I rarely play GPP's, I'll toss my lineups in the .25 ones that pay $2000 just in case one is really awesome but they are almost always won by one off wacky lineups no one with any knowledge would play. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Two years ago I nearly tripled my initial investment (nothing exciting $100 to $300) played a little NBA and baseball for fun and started last year with a little over $200 and went down to like $50 at the end of the season. Had better luck with the NBA and some golf this last spring/summer and now back up over my initial investment, hoping for anther good season, so far so good.

that's a bummer. Relative value is so key here
That is what we do, show the relative value of any player from site to site.  We don't do projections (Football Guys are great at that), we just show you each players value on each site.  identifying great players is not the whole battle, playing them on the right sites (where they are cheaper) is a big part of winning.

Users who are viewing this thread