What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot Take On Derrick Henry (1 Viewer)

craphit

Footballguy
  • Mark my words. The NFL has never seen such a freak athlete with his size, speed, burst, and college resume.
  • I recognize that his biggest criticism entering the NFL was his perceived poor agility, footwork, and upright running style, and the fact that his college resume could be dismissed by the massive holes that Alabama created for him. We can put these criticisms to rest. If we watch his preseason runs, he clearly demonstrates strong vision, speed, and lateral agility. Check out the highlights. In regards to the video posted showing his poor footwork in a running drill, an ex NFL RB posted a great rebuttal.https://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2016/05/17/lost-in-translation-the-derrick-henry-footwork-clip/
But will he get enough carries on the Titans?

• The Titans staff publicly stated they are committed to run heavy this year, and they will find ways to get Henry on the field to sub for Murray. And don't forget, Murray is injury prone himself, so Henry could find himself as a bell cow as early as this year. Even if not this year, I don't think its likely that the Titans retain murray for the 17/18 season.
TLDR: Henry should be drafted #2 overall, tell me why I'm wrong.

I agree Henry has moved ahead of Treadwell, Coleman and Doctson in to the #2 rookie slot. (I hope you meant rookie rankings, but rookie drafts should all be over by now)

I know it's high school but Henry's stats at that level are so amazing...even at that level these stats are are just so ridiculous..

48 games

1,397 carries

1.2124 yards

8.7 YPC

252.6 YPG

153 TDS (55 his senior year)

This kid is a freak and while it's still real early it looks like his game is going to translate to the NFL real well...keeper-wise I am all in on him and I think he's going to have a very good year for re-draft owners...

I agree Henry has moved ahead of Treadwell, Coleman and Doctson in to the #2 rookie slot. (I hope you meant rookie rankings, but rookie drafts should all be over by now)
No, not in PPR dynasty leagues.  If you're talking about redraft leagues that don't use PPR, that's another story.

Users who are viewing this thread