What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buying an NFL Franchise, Any Advice? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
My wife has been encouraging me to buy an NFL team and leave the drudgery of the office rat race.

Obviously the coming winter wouldn't be the best time so I have until next spring to make preparations if I'm going to go this route.

Has anyone ever made this transition and could offer some advice? What are things I should consider that wouldn't be obvious to a newb? What am I looking at for an initial investment?

any insight would be greatly appreciated

Years ago in the mid 80s the original owner of the Saints was threatening to leave so local investors gathered together to buy the team. Several people around 12-20 got in on an eventual $70+ million deal. They cobbled their resources and some of the amounts were relatively small. Those days are gone.

If you buy an existing NFL team, you will have to share your profits with the other owners.

The shark move would be to start your own league to compete against the NFL in which you own all the teams.

You could make up new rules. Be sure to come up with a cool name for the league.

I'd contact the Al Davis estate and put in a bid for a few of Al's old track suits. If you want to be a playa you're going to need to look the part. Also fly your personal plane to Hattiesburg and talk Favre into coming back for one more shot.

fantasycurse42 said:
Guys seriously, I've got about $2k stashed and a credit score of 525, can I get this done?

I don't think you have nearly enough money.

What's your IQ?
That's insulting. To even come up with this idea, his IQ has to be in the 175-180 range.

FC42, just a heads up for future posts, be sure to misspell a few words and then blame it on posting via mobile.  :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
Threaten to move to Vegas if your wife doesn't give up the goods more often.  Worst case scenario, you end up living single in Vegas.

Second the motion to start a new league. The NFL is nothing if not a house of cards.

• No drugs tests of any kind, ever.
  • Coaches must smoke dope during the games (optional for players).
  • Ban budweiser, miller and coors products from the stadium.
  • Dangle a dozen fans from the rafters with bungee cords where they are about 15 feet above the ground when idle (not allowed in Philly)
  • All female refs (preferably Olympic athletes)
  • Stream games on Netflix.

Second the motion to start a new league. The NFL is nothing if not a house of cards.

• No drugs tests of any kind, ever.
  • Coaches must smoke dope during the games (optional for players).
  • Ban budweiser, miller and coors products from the stadium.
  • Dangle a dozen fans from the rafters with bungee cords where they are about 15 feet above the ground when idle (not allowed in Philly)
  • All female refs (preferably Olympic athletes)
  • Stream games on Netflix.
Allow players to make up their own nicknames to put on the back of their jerseys too! :excited:

I think the first step is erecting a regulation FG post in your back yard. Then you just sort of fill in the field, players, stadium, cheerleaders, fans, etc around it. And then wait for those tv $'s to roll on in. At least I think that is how the thread ended.

If you buy an existing NFL team, you will have to share your profits with the other owners.

The shark move would be to start your own league to compete against the NFL in which you own all the teams.

You could make up new rules. Be sure to come up with a cool name for the league.
Yup. The New York Sizzlechests or Boston RubberNecks would be awesome. 

Users who are viewing this thread