What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Teams that may pick up released RBs? (1 Viewer)

lazyike

Footballguy
As teams start to release players trimming their rosters I was wondering who might be looking to grab a RB and potentially sabotage our fantasy RB3-RB5 on our rosters. Will Ajayi be Fosters backup? I haven't really reviewed all the teams RB depth charts and who has a surplus and who might be dissatisfied with their depth due to poor performance or lingering injuries. 

Colts and Jets come to mind. 

Hopefully the Colts can sign Karlos Williams and by week 4 he should hopefully be in shape.

Hopefully the Colts can sign Karlos Williams and by week 4 he should hopefully be in shape.
What weight did Williams play at last year? Tipping the scales at 261 seems like he has some serious work to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pats gotta be on this list although they may have in-house answers in Gaffney and Foster...either way this is a backfield you may want to avoid for fantasy...

So far the guys I've seen released aren't worth adding. 

Colts are the #1 team in need. Everyone behind Gore is JAG. 

But Vereen, Karlos, and a few others that be been released aren't better than what they've got. 

Looks like Hillman will be released. Anyone thinking he might get picked up by another team?
Thinking the Bears and Fox would be very hot for Hillman's services. 

Also hoping that TEN cuts Andrews and he ends up with IND, but it is looking like he'll hold onto RB3 duties which means he goes to the FF garbage heap. 

I know the Jets had him in for a visit, but there isn't much of a need, with Forte, Powell and Robinson on the roster. 

But Vereen, Karlos, and a few others that be been released aren't better than what they've got. 
At this point in his career, everyone INCLUDING Gore, is JAG.

spider321 said:
At this point in his career, everyone INCLUDING Gore, is JAG.
I think Gore's earned a little more respect than that - he should have a ~1000/8 season if he avoids injury. He's never been JAG. 

Miami Dolphins

Ajayi is trash IMO, Williams a distant No 3, Drake is getting close to a lost cause in 2016 and then how many touches can Foster hold up under? 

I see Miami as a potential player in other team's roster cuts or even a 7th round trade at some point if need be. 

Eagles, especially if the Chiefs or Chargers cut anyone. They basically have Ryan Matthews and 4 3rd down RBs, and they plan to run a lot.

Miami Dolphins

Ajayi is trash IMO, Williams a distant No 3, Drake is getting close to a lost cause in 2016 and then how many touches can Foster hold up under? 

I see Miami as a potential player in other team's roster cuts or even a 7th round trade at some point if need be. 
What about all this pead hype? Was and ind are in pretty bad shape at rb, but other than hillman I don't see anyone who would seem relevant. More likely it's someone signed off a psquad, like Washington from Det if they try to sneak him thru. 

What about all this pead hype? Was and ind are in pretty bad shape at rb, but other than hillman I don't see anyone who would seem relevant. More likely it's someone signed off a psquad, like Washington from Det if they try to sneak him thru. 
Pead as a bell cow? C'mon now

Eagles, especially if the Chiefs or Chargers cut anyone. They basically have Ryan Matthews and 4 3rd down RBs, and they plan to run a lot.
I had thought this too, but Barner did look pretty good tonight and I figured they would want to work Smallwood in.  But now we will have to see what comes of the Smallwood concussion.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Huh? :unsure:

Washington's not going to the practice squad

I had thought this too, but Barner did look pretty good tonight and I figured they would want to work Smallwood in.  But now we will have to see what comes of the Smallwood concussion.
I forgot about the Chefs backs, not sure knile Davis is the answer anywhere but he'd be a better backup in a lot of these places. Philly rbs could be in shambles come week 6 when Mathews is inevitably banged up and sproles looks his age. Seems like even a vet like Pierre Thomas or even joique bell would make some sense. 

I forgot about the Chefs backs, not sure knile Davis is the answer anywhere but he'd be a better backup in a lot of these places. Philly rbs could be in shambles come week 6 when Mathews is inevitably banged up and sproles looks his age. Seems like even a vet like Pierre Thomas or even joique bell would make some sense. 
Sure that's possible, but at this point, unless Smallwood comes back pretty bad, I don't think that they really have room for another rb.  Mathews/sproles/barner/Smallwood looks like it will be the rotation.  The only one who was probably in jeopardy was barner, but he has done pretty well and can return kicks.  Not saying that this is a great group, just saying that the way the roster has been constructed to this point, those will be the guys.

Jets have Forte, Powell, Khiry Robinson (who is hurt) and recently signed Antoine Smith (who looked pretty good against the Giants) - I'm not sure they'd bring anyone else in, but perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread