What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ibraheim Campbell-DB Browns (1 Viewer)

johnnyboy8102

Footballguy
I wasn't able to watch the game last night but saw he went 5-0. 

What is everyone's take on him? Was he playing in all packages? Does he have DB1 upside?

Yes I have also had my eye on him and been adding him in leagues.  Very excited about his full time opportunities this year!

Not at all. I do three IDP leagues, have him on all three, I'll take the SS on a bad defense all day. I'm big on him and Clayton Geathers this year.
Agreed.

In my main league I now roster RJones, LCollins, ICampbell and MAlexander.

Look at the LBers playing in front of Jones, Collins and Campbell... lol.

Is Campbell worth an add if I have to drop Eric Berry to get him? Tackle-heavy scoring, Berry is my DB2 behind Burnett. (I also have Barron, who is DB eligible in Yahoo)

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a gamble but a decent calculated gamble that looks like it would pay off in any high-tackle league IMHO.

The Browns have groomed him from last year and got rid of Donte Whitner and don't have much to threaten his starting role.

The first game is up against a rookie QB who has only begun working with the 1st team on Monday and he's nursing busted ribs.

The Eagles will probably try to run a ton and when Wentz has to pass he 'might' not be accurate which could lead to turnover possibilities.  

According to Football Outsiders, Campbell lead all DBs in snaps last week. Rumor is that Derrick Kindred, who was productive in limited time last week, might take some away going forward though.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
According to Football Outsiders, Campbell lead all DBs in snaps last week. Rumor is that Derrick Kindred, who was productive in limited time last week, might take some away going forward though.
Reading that it is Poyer who is losing the snaps at FS.

We should have paid a bit more heed to this info. 5 tackles for Kindred, 1 for Campbell.

They are both young guys and it appears that Abe will take over at SS and Kindred will man FS once they settle out the secondary.

Uh, I personally would have switched that and put Abe at FS and Kindred at SS since it 'appeared' to me that Cambell was more of a ball hawk in college and Kindred is a hitter and very tough.  He played his entire senior year with a broken collarbone.  He leaps out at you when you watch games.  

Interesting tidbit to me.  The first assignment of the Browns top scout was Ibrahiem Cambell.  He mentioned that when the team drafted him and for some reason that story always stood out to me.  I think they like the kid and he will start so long as he's healthy so in the short-term I think Cambell is the guy to own but they both 'probably' will be starting and should produce high tackle numbers. considering the overall circumstances surrounding the team.

Grrrrr. I picked up Kindred and still have Abe.  

Was hoping it would be more clear cut and the "Derrick Kindred to replace him" makes it sound as if he is only a reserve.

I'm trying to hold poyer/kindred/camp until it shakes out because the two starters if they are 100%ers are gold unless you're in a shallow league. If you're league is shallow ride much hyde if Burnett remains out and keep an eye on Gunter listed as a cb but playing safety in Hyde role while Burnett is out, played 70% last week.

And in super deep leagues keep and eye on jj Wilcox and Sorensen. They both played 65% of the LB snaps last week over Durant and a march respectively....Both teams were ahead so that was,the nickel package but if either of them secure a full time role due to performance or injury, it'll be Barron 2.0

I'm trying to hold poyer/kindred/camp until it shakes out because the two starters if they are 100%ers are gold unless you're in a shallow league. If you're league is shallow ride much hyde if Burnett remains out and keep an eye on Gunter listed as a cb but playing safety in Hyde role while Burnett is out, played 70% last week.

And in super deep leagues keep and eye on jj Wilcox and Sorensen. They both played 65% of the LB snaps last week over Durant and a march respectively....Both teams were ahead so that was,the nickel package but if either of them secure a full time role due to performance or injury, it'll be Barron 2.0
Second time I've heard Sorensen's name so I'm intrigued.  How did he perform?

Second time I've heard Sorensen's name so I'm intrigued.  How did he perform?
Graded as a top-20 S on PFF so far this season. However, most of this is due to excellent coverage, not run defense. 

They are both young guys and it appears that Abe will take over at SS and Kindred will man FS once they settle out the secondary.

Uh, I personally would have switched that and put Abe at FS and Kindred at SS since it 'appeared' to me that Cambell was more of a ball hawk in college and Kindred is a hitter and very tough.  He played his entire senior year with a broken collarbone.  He leaps out at you when you watch games.  

Interesting tidbit to me.  The first assignment of the Browns top scout was Ibrahiem Cambell.  He mentioned that when the team drafted him and for some reason that story always stood out to me.  I think they like the kid and he will start so long as he's healthy so in the short-term I think Cambell is the guy to own but they both 'probably' will be starting and should produce high tackle numbers. considering the overall circumstances surrounding the team.

I have to mention Poyer.  

The Browns, like all teams, have had a constant churn at the DB position where guys will flash and then disappear, Poyer had shown ability but looked like he could be another flash in the pan.  Cambell looks like he is in the long-term plans and I thought Kindred would assume a starting role but Poyer has stuck and he is producing at free safety, so for the time being, keep starting him so long as he's starting and producing but have to add a caution.  Once Cambell is back, maybe this week, we don't know how snaps will be divvied out.  

I stashed Campbell in the hopes that his talent will win out. I'll give him three weeks...then drop him and he'll blow up...

One good thing I read on Twitter is that the Browns play a lot of two deep stuff, which makes sense.  Might not be the SS numbers we looking for here.  

Kindred FS

Campbell SS

Boddy-Campbell hybrid cb/SS

CB - haden, taylor, williams. If Haden misses more games, Boddy will continue to start for him.

Graded as a top-20 S on PFF so far this season. However, most of this is due to excellent coverage, not run defense. 
Maybe it's time for his own thread but Sorensen popped up again on the box score on 69% snap count. What's his usage?  Are looking at an economy big nickel here?  It was the Raiders who are capable of creating outliers like none I've ever seen, is that what this is?

Maybe it's time for his own thread but Sorensen popped up again on the box score on 69% snap count. What's his usage?  Are looking at an economy big nickel here?  It was the Raiders who are capable of creating outliers like none I've ever seen, is that what this is?
Pretty much being used as an ILB alongside Johnson, and his usage there may increase with Justin March being placed on IR. Unfortunately, KC's stat crew is fairly stingy so there aren't a whole lot of assists handed out. 4-6 tackles/game is my rough estimate for his production.

Poyer to IR..now what?

paging @Bracie Smathers

Ugh.

This was a tough game to get a read because CB Joe Haden was out and they had Boddy-Calhoun in for him and Mariota was targeting him.  CB Tramon Williams was back and was used a lot as well.

The other issue was Kindred got burned badly early in the second quarter in the series directly before Poyer went down with his injury covering a punt.  Kindred got burned because he let Kendell Wright go right past him on a long TD where Kindred got caught looking into the backfield and dropped coverage.  

HUGE mental error.  I didn't spy him on the field after that but he 'could' have been hidden out of camera view but I didn't see him for the rest of the half and the Titans were in a two-minute drill and the Browns were playing six or seven DBs and dropping deep.  He 'might' have been there but the camera angle sucks for spying the deep safeties.  In the second half, Kindred got burned again by Kendell Wright on a deep out.

Abraheim Cambell was back but looked 'tentative' to my eyes so this was bad game to try and get a read on how things will shake out.

We will have a much better read this week now that the coaches have time to digest the Titan game and how they want to map things out going forward but it is tough to get anything definitive from the last game IMHO. 

Looking at the snap counts for Cambell VS Kindred

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610160oti.htm

Cambell

- 42 snaps 

- 2 solo tackles

- 1 assist

Kindred 

- 21 snaps

- 0 solos

- 0 assists

Cambell did look 'tentative' in the game as I described.  Kindred got beat deep twice and looked out of sorts.

Kindred had been consistent up to this game acquiring tackles but the coaches, obviously pulled him after he made mental errors.  

Cambell, looks like he is still coming back from his injury.

A new face has entered the picture, Tracy Howard.  Don't know anything about him other than he had 31 snaps and is listed as a CB but it looked like he was playing deep safety.  He only has 3 solos and 1 assist on the year and 2 solos and the assist came last Sunday.  He's not even listed on ESPN leagues as a pickup so I don't have a clue about him other than he made an appearance and 'might' be in for snaps if Kindred continues to struggle in coverage.

EDIT:  http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/21/browns-promote-rookie-defensive-back/

... Browns Coach Hue Jackson said Friday that the Browns will move rookie cornerback Tracy Howard to safety after placing starting safety Jordan Poyeron injured reserve earlier this week

Users who are viewing this thread