What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone else notice Halsey? (1 Viewer)

PIK95

Footballguy
This girl has an amazing voice.  I first noticed her a month or two back on some Chain smokers song my kids had on.  I liked her alot but wasn't really sure why. I'm typically not into very many pop singers, but I do occasionally notice talent in unexpected places.  Halsey had some level of familiarity to me even though she was brand new.

I downloaded her Badlands record and tonight it finally hit me as to why I was drawn to her voice.  She sounds very much like my childhood favorite singer Melanie!  Anyway check her out if you have some time.  I think she's gonna be a good one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see her on the Today show singing this morning.  She had some blue hair, lol.  She sounded great. Especially if she was actually singing.

is she British? because that always helps a lot - i can overlook quite a bit of negativeness when the female in question has that English accent ??

:popcorn:

ETA: Googled, not British  :(

is she British? because that always helps a lot - i can overlook quite a bit of negativeness when the female in question has that English accent ??

:popcorn:

ETA: Googled, not British  :(
She's from Jersey I believe.  Pretty much her main negative imo.  

I really don't care for her look much, but her voice is outstanding.  She's into the boyster and girls.in her personal life which can play both ways in regard to her popularity imo.

My 16 year old daughter is a fan. I hope only of her music but she did go through a blue hair phase...

She was an opening act for Imagine Dragons when I took my (then) 12 year old to a concert 2 years ago.  Meh, in my opinion, but she is apparently doing something right.

got around to checking some more of her music out ... most of it slickly wrapped in a swirling/atmospheric trip-hip-pop cocoon.  not exactly my cup o'tea, but not as terribly offensive to my tastes as most of the utterly disposable #### being churned out nowadays.  seeing as how she's a mercurial type - who is biracial, bisexual, bi-polar - i'm sure her lyrics and subject matter touch deeper than most artists of this ilk ... but, that's not really saying much when vapid idiots like Ariana Grande are scoring hits   :X

was also roughed up a bit on the social mediaz for claiming her 'blackness' (her father is African American) - being slammed by a similar bitter and bigoted cabal that also bullied Zendaya outta playing Aaliyah in a biopic (Zendaya is also biracial, so she wasn't 'black' enough for the role :unsure: )  - i mean, ayfkm? Obama down?

ok, enough of that - back to Halsey lookin' good ... she has an amazing body, pretty fetching young lass  :thumbup:

'hopeless?'

finger lickin'

three cheers for the RW & B

libation

Tartan

yes, plz

lovely hat

got around to checking some more of her music out ... most of it slickly wrapped in a swirling/atmospheric trip-hip-pop cocoon.  not exactly my cup o'tea, but not as terribly offensive to my tastes as most of the utterly disposable #### being churned out nowadays.  seeing as how she's a mercurial type - who is biracial, bisexual, bi-polar - i'm sure her lyrics and subject matter touch deeper than most artists of this ilk ... but, that's not really saying much when vapid idiots like Ariana Grande are scoring hits   :X

was also roughed up a bit on the social mediaz for claiming her 'blackness' (her father is African American) - being slammed by a similar bitter and bigoted cabal that also bullied Zendaya outta playing Aaliyah in a biopic (Zendaya is also biracial, so she wasn't 'black' enough for the role :unsure: )  - i mean, ayfkm? Obama down?

ok, enough of that - back to Halsey lookin' good ... she has an amazing body, pretty fetching young lass  :thumbup:

'hopeless?'

finger lickin'

libation

Tartan

yes, plz

lovely hat
Well she's certainly quite the chameleon with her different looks - some I definitely prefer over others.

'hopeless?'

finger lickin'

libation

Tartan

yes, plz

lovely hat
I don't find her physically attractive at all.  But I do love her voice!

I don't find her physically attractive at all.  But I do love her voice!
fair enough ... she is not drop dead facially gorgeous, definitely see that end of it - but that body is as hot as anyone's out there - scorching in all aspects.  attractive as all hell ?

btw, Pik ... listened to some of her stuff, and i really didn't glean the Melanie likeness, as you opined in the OP.   think she has a very nice voice, but i just didn't pick up on the comparison. 

It's there.  They over produce everything she is doing now. When you hear her on her own without the effects it's there. 

Users who are viewing this thread