What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Zero IDP Draft Strategy (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
I keep seeing Zero this and zero that when discussing strategy for drafts, basically its a fancy way of saying I waited for a certain position while stocked up on the others.

One common strategy I use in IDP league is stock up on offensive players before taking IDPs, ofcourse I never have stud IDPs in redraft but i find it much easier to find IDPs when I need them than an RB or WR.  Below our my results so far in my 36 round IDP Redraft.  I'm posting now because basically my offense is set and I'm going to use the last 10 picks I have to find IDPs and maybe one more WR or so.  Note that this league is a huge 22 starters (11 offense / 11 defense) and all position are balanced in scoring.  

11 Offense: (1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 PK, 2 flex (1 W/R, 1 W/T), & 1 KR*
11 IDPS: (3 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, 2 S, 1 DL/LB) so you can go 4 - 3 - 4 or 3 - 4 - 4 

http://www77.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=12702&O=17&DISPLAY=LEAGUE&POSITION=*&FRANCHISE=0001

QBMatt RyanTom BradyRBCarlos HydeThomas RawlsLeVeon BellMelvin GordonDeAngelo WilliamsChristine MichaelWROdell Beckham JrJarvis LandryTavon AustinMarvin JonesMohamed SanuDwayne HarrisTEZach ErtzMartellus BennettJared Cook

DL: Oliver, Barwin, Avril

LB: Barron, KJ Wright, Compton, Heeney, Harris

CB: None yet

S: Parker

The plan was too build a powerful offense to off-set the IDP deficiency, I also took chances on 2 suspended players in Bell and Brady.  With Bell I was able to secure DWill so I'll still have the stating RB from Pitt during his suspension and if he gets hurt.  Brady on the otherhand I waited till round 23 to get Ryan.  I choose Ryan because he has any easy schedule weeks 1 - 3 and a decent game on Brady's bye week.   Every team in thhis league will have a weakness baring a perfect draft but I believe my idea of skipping the IDPs was the smart decision. 

High priority:

RB Terrance West

DE Devin Taylor

S Keanu Neal

Others to consider:

DE Adolphus Washington

LB Nate Irving

LB Su'a Cravens

I would rather take my Chances with Garoppolo over Ryan. Maybe even Tannehill.

Last edited by a moderator:
The draft is complete

QB: Matt RyanTom Brady
RB: Carlos HydeThomas RawlsLeVeon BellMelvin GordonDeAngelo WilliamsChristine Michael, A Ellington (KR)
WR: Odell Beckham JrJarvis LandryTavon AustinMarvin JonesMohamed SanuDwayne Harris (KR), Beasley, Wallace
TE: Zach ErtzMartellus BennettJared Cook

PK: Catanzaro

DL: Oliver, Barwin, Avril, Wake

LB: Barron, KJ Wright, Compton, Heeney, Harris, Cravens, 

CB: DRC, J Smith, Carroll

S: Parker, Mitchell

I think did good getting solid IDPs late in the draft while maintaining great depth at the offensive position.

Users who are viewing this thread