What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gene Wilder dead at 83 (1 Viewer)

83?  Did not know that.  Wow.  Not the best film he ever made, but a soft spot in my heart as my parents took us to see it in a drive-in.  Silver Streak with his comic buddy Richard Pryor.  Love that movie.

Dayum. The menace & magic he gave Wonka. His brilliance in Saddles & Frankenstein. The charm he gave to even fluff like Lady in Red and Frisco Kid. Even with the worst Irish accent ever, my favorite movie-no-one-has-seen in Quackser Fortune Has a Cousin in the Bronx. And Pryor, ####in Pryor, man. Most of all though, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou for Leo Bloom and the greatest 15 minutes in the history of cinema. Best straight man ever lived. Dayum! RIP -

Last edited by a moderator:
A man drink like that and he don't eat, he is going to DIE.

When?

:(

Damn.  Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles are two in my top 10-15 comedies.  His acting was just perfect in both.  That sucks.

RIP, Gene.  You'll be sorely missed.

Shocked he was 83. 
You wouldn't have been in you had seen him recently. Robert Osborne interviewed him a few years back and Wilder looked and acted really old. Interestingly Osborne is four years older than Wilder but seemed a decade younger. I remember being shocked how much he had aged when I saw the interview - however Wilder had been out of the public eye and hadn't made any films in ages, and we tend to remember people as when we last saw them.

Great talent. Wish he had done more work with Mel Brooks.

Wonka was it for me. I watched that movie when I was 5 or 6 and it just stuck with me. This psychotic yet lovable lunatic that owned a candy factory will forever have a place in my heart. 

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of my most favorite movies ever. Gene Wilder was the perfect actor to play Willy Wonka.  I enjoyed many of his other films too. I hope he and Gilda are somewhere out there laughing together again. RIP 

In my Bob Costas halftime feature voice: "In what is only a proper send off for one of the great characters of our time....for one last time Gene Wilder.....I say, Good day sir."

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of my most favorite movies ever. Gene Wilder was the perfect actor to play Willy Wonka.  I enjoyed many of his other films too. I hope he and Gilda are somewhere out there laughing together again. RIP 
My 8 yr old daughter insists that his version is a "trillion" times better than Johnny Depp 's..."Dad, can we watch the old-fashioned version instead?" :wub:

I'm glad I'll be able to watch his movies this week so he has managed to give us one more treat.  Thanks for everything Mr. Wilder, and tell Gilda we say hi!

Well who doesn't? 
Probably most 8 yr olds...

eta:that probably comes across as condescending, but its not.  Just wanted to point out how he captured the hearts of different generations :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread