What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleeper Alert: Rob Kelley - RB - WAS (1 Viewer)

Good luck to everyone who guessed in the Rob Kelley challenge today! 

Still time to get your guesses in - up to 2 mins before kickoff by time-stamp! 

:excited:

Most importantly good luck to anyone who had to start him today. I hope he makes you  :pickle: and not  :sadbanana:

At first glance I read this as 40 TDs.

I guess it just shows the importance of commas.

It's a big difference between,"Let's eat, Grandma!" and "Let's eat Grandma!"
Come on, man. Unless you prefer come on man.   There is a space between the 4 and the 0.  If that's a sentence, it's missing more than just commas.

At first glance I read this as 40 TDs.

I guess it just shows the importance of commas.

It's a big difference between,"Let's eat, Grandma!" and "Let's eat Grandma!"
I saw that after I posted it. lol

p.s. Grandma's a tough old gal. Perhaps with a bottle of award-winning hot sauce, however . . .

How many people are using this guy or facing him? I took him out of one line-up at the last minute. I'm facing him in two leagues. I thought his upside might be limited in a PPR league.

Kelley looking much better than I had expected.

For those of us who had our taste buds tantalized by the thought of some hot sauce, and find ourselves already out of the running, how can we order some of that sauce?

He looks as I thought he would look...a 3.5 ypc plodder with a low ceiling.  That being said as we all know any rb that gets the majority of carries in this league has value.

He looks as I thought he would look...a 3.5 ypc plodder with a low ceiling.  That being said as we all know any rb that gets the majority of carries in this league has value.
he`s not a player who will make something out of nothing but give him a hole and he`ll run hard thru it and isnt afraid of contact

started Kelley in one of the two leagues I have him rostered - that team has Gurley on bye but I played Kelley instead of Zenner (rest of team is pretty good lol)

In the other league I couldn't start him this week (David Johnson and Devontae Booker), would Love to start him Week 11 when Booker is on bye

10.40 points at half looks GREAT

I had 85 yd, 1 TD. Missed rec yds--had 12.

My opinion on Kelley after his start: Seemed like he showed a little of a big issue Jones has,.. not seeing the right hole to hit. He did adapt, play tough, fight for extra yards, and fall forward after contact more so than Jones. Jones is supposed to be a mauler, but even Thompson seems to run tougher once he's getting hit. I think this backfield turns into a committee for at least a few weeks. If Kelley can keep running hard, and Jones has any more fumble problems, Kelley should be the guy for the ROS..

There's essentially zero value in this backfield moving forward. However, the mere fact the Kelley didn't put the ball on the ground probably gives him the nod over Jones moving forward.

I don't understand the shade being thrown on Kelley after this start. Certainly, he's not explosive but he runs hard and falls forward. In 21 carries, he never ran for a loss and held on to the ball. If you have Thompson as a passing down back, a reliable between the tackles runner like Kelley who doesn't put you in a hole isn't a terrible thing. He also wears down defenders.

Jones is clearly a more boom or bust player but that might not be preferable for the Skins. Kelley won't ever be a star but it wasn't a bad performance. 

While I am happy with the performance, it looked like Thompson was out there just as much if not more than Kelley through out the game. Both on 2nd and 3rd downs. Will be interesting to check snap counts tomorrow.

I don't understand the shade being thrown on Kelley after this start. Certainly, he's not explosive but he runs hard and falls forward. In 21 carries, he never ran for a loss and held on to the ball. If you have Thompson as a passing down back, a reliable between the tackles runner like Kelley who doesn't put you in a hole isn't a terrible thing. He also wears down defenders.

Jones is clearly a more boom or bust player but that might not be preferable for the Skins. Kelley won't ever be a star but it wasn't a bad performance. 
If you thought I was 'throwing shade', that's not what I meant. I think Jones runs hesitant, and Kelley more confident. Advantage Kelley on fumbles alone, but really he just looks a little better than Jones to me.

Matt Jones's days are numbered. Considering this was R. Kelley's first start, he did well. Now hopefully he won't go pissing on young teens.

21 for 87 yards (4.1 ypc) and a TD.  Pretty dang good for an UDFA in his first start.  Is he a plodder?  Maybe.  The better question is...can he help his team?  Today he did...and didn't offer up the football to the opponent.

Nothing he did today hurt his chances of getting more opportunity in the future...and that should bring a smile to anyone that had Kelley rostered.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread