What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bridgewater suffers potentially serious knee injury (1 Viewer)

Titans_fan

Footballguy
Uh-oh Bridgewater owners....

Teddy Bridgewater suffered a potentially serious non-contact left knee injury in Tuesday's practice.

Bridgewater went down in a heap, and his teammates immediately called for the trainer. According to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, players were cursing and throwing their helmets. They gathered around Bridgewater in prayer. The scene was described as "complete shock." The Vikings canceled practice. Obviously, it has the looks of a potentially season-ending injury, which would be a devastating blow even considering Bridgewater's game-managing ways. Journeyman veteran Shaun Hill is the next man up on the depth chart.

Info courtesy of rotoworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Who owns Bridgewater in fantasy.  And no need for new thread. 
Disagree.  16 team leagues, dynasty and it does impact guys like AP, Diggs and Treadwell as well.  I like the separate thread since its pretty vital info.

Bridgewater suffered a non-contact injury and was seeing on the ground, not moving and grabbing his left knee. Players immediately gathered around Bridgewater and the training staff and began praying. An ambulance was seen pulling into Winter Park to take Bridgewater to the hospital.

AP value go higher with this?
I'd say lower.

As opposed to say Dallas losing Romo, the Vikings were always going to run AP into the ground this year. Now he'll just see even more stacked boxes and less scoring chances, IMO.

AP value go higher with this?
Can AP shoulder the entire O like he used to? Will the team be demoralized losing Teddy? If Bridgewater is out for a significant amount of time, do they limit AP's usage to preserve him for another year?

I can't see this helping AP honestly. 

You don't think this gets him more carries? 
I don't, only because it's not really possible to give him more as the offense already runs through him.  But now it runs through him with Shaun Hill at QB.  And quite frankly, that's just gross.

Can AP shoulder the entire O like he used to? Will the team be demoralized losing Teddy? If Bridgewater is out for a significant amount of time, do they limit AP's usage to preserve him for another year?

I can't see this helping AP honestly. 
Let's say it is a serious injury. I mean what choice do they have other than feed AP? Obviously mix in McKinnon a bit, but I think this probably leads to more carries at least. Maybe I'm off on this, just my initial thoughts. 

oh my gosh, this sounds terrible.  not to be crass, but what the hell kind of non-contact injury would require an ambulance ride and be so shocking to all of his teammates that they had to cancel practice?  Gotta be some sort of horrible freakish break, right?

oh my gosh, this sounds terrible.  not to be crass, but what the hell kind of non-contact injury would require an ambulance ride and be so shocking to all of his teammates that they had to cancel practice?  Gotta be some sort of horrible freakish break, right?
That's my thinking as well.  Clean break, bone exposure.  A la Paul George. 

Guessing Break, tear or maybe a knee cap dislocation..  I've seen one of those before, not pretty :X  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread