What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Taylor played entire career with Fractured clavicle (1 Viewer)

JaxBill

Footballguy
...and two partially torn labrum.

Visited Chicago last week for full Ortho exam. Took 11 MRIs and 12 X-rays. Got results yesterday. Somehow I played career with fractured->

— Fred Taylor (@FredTaylorMade) August 31, 2016

clavicle, 2 partially torn labrum, one in each shoulder. I'm Appalled! I was never told this as a player. Oversight? Or BS!

— Fred Taylor (@FredTaylorMade) August 31, 2016
He casts doubt on the "neutral" doctors he was referred to here-

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/8/31/12727030/fred-taylor-somehow-i-played-career-with-fractured-clavicle-two-partially-torn-labrum

Just because he now has those injuries and perhaps finished his career with them does not mean he played his entire career with them.  That would be extremrly hard, if not impossible, to believe, especially given his longevity. 

I still love fragile Fred.one of my favorite players - and a talented RB with a rare combination of power, speed and elusiveness. 

injuries (and not the best teams) robbed him of a HOF career.

when he was on the field he was a good fantasy baller too. 

Just fractured my clavicle last month. Doc told me that non-union is actually more common with that type of injury than most think. If he didn't get surgery to plate it up and he kept playing with it, seems fairly plausible that it never fully healed. I'm not even supposed to lift anything heavier than 10lbs for a 6-8 weeks. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread