What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Hey, by all means drop them if you like, I'd still rather have the Vikes than try and play this streaming guessing game every week.
That is what I have thought this past month.  we have short benches and i would rather not hold 2 def.  

Jared Goff supposedly making his first start this weekend.....Miami here we come!
I've been riding Philly in both of my leagues for most of the season, even through the Falcons game last week, which mostly worked out. But yeah, Miami is super tempting this week (and not bad ROS). They've been playing much better lately. And if Wilson is healthy again, I'm a little worried about the Seattle match-up, especially on the road. On the other hand, Eagles have a great pass rush and Seattle's OL is their weakest point.

Picked Miami up in one league and will decide later in the week who to start.

Jared Goff supposedly making his first start this weekend.....Miami here we come!
Agree. Though this is admittedly based on my hazy memory than data, I seem to recall quite a number of rookie QBs forced into a starting role and actually performing well more often than not given a) lack of tape opposing teams have and b) rapport these QBs have with 3rd and 4th WRs from practice now being leveraged in games.

Agree. Though this is admittedly based on my hazy memory than data, I seem to recall quite a number of rookie QBs forced into a starting role and actually performing well more often than not given a) lack of tape opposing teams have and b) rapport these QBs have with 3rd and 4th WRs from practice now being leveraged in games.
I have the same hazy memory.

Who does everyone prefer this week only Dolphins or Rams? 

It isn't probably close enough where picking up the Dolphins for Week 12 vs the 49ers is the play. 

I also have a hazy memory of Miami letting me down in a great spot earlier this season.  vs the browns. 
They weren't great but they didn't totally crap the bed. I think it was like 7pts in standard scoring.

They've been playing better lately, too. Picked Rivers off four times in the fourth quarter last week.

I don't think they're great, but combo of improving play + rookie QB's first start is a good situation.

FBG is high on Dallas.  Has them top 3 this week.  Might consider Oakland... how about Pittsburgh?  Their D can be hit or miss but wasn't bad against a great Dallas offense.... should be able to hold the Browns down.

Missed out on nyg.  Guess I will roll out mn again unless I want to really chance it with Dallas or Pittsburgh.  but those def don't create much for fanatsy.   prob stick with mn

FBG is high on Dallas.  Has them top 3 this week.  Might consider Oakland... how about Pittsburgh?  Their D can be hit or miss but wasn't bad against a great Dallas offense.... should be able to hold the Browns down.
Yup, Dodds and Tremblay have ranked Dallas really high. Shocked. Was considering going for MIA but may just stand pat with Dallas.

Could definitely see Dallas just pounding Baltimore, keeping the ball, forcing Flacco into some sacks/ints after they get out of their lame offensive game plan to throw to Pitta 2 yards down the field and pound West into a wall.

Things change over the season, do not worry about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Where will that get you?
Giants have burnt people this year too. Its a streaming defense, you will get burnt some weeks.
If people are still batting 100 on every defense they pick in week 11 go to vegas.
I'm rolling New England against SF, which shouldnt be on the wire hopefully, so I'm feeling good. ;-)

Grabbed Miami and New England this morning as I'm pretty much the only one who streams. Hopefully pretty set for the rest of the season 

Got NE last week in one of my leagues and somehow was able to get MIA in my 2 other leagues this week. I'm very happy, probably will stick with both the rest of the year due to the great matchups.

Dropped Washington for New England this week (and ostensibly through week 14).

Might pivot to Detroit though (last week I dropped the Giants for Washington and thought about pivoting to Tampa Bay or Houston both of which would have worked out better).

New England has been bad.  but their matchups every week going forward are the best you can ask for.  setting them and not worrying about it

Rolling the Giants in one league for the next 2 weeks probably (but that's it) -- back to back against Chicago (possibly with a banged up Howard) and Cleveland. 

Still have Buffalo too (could've been dropped in a couple leagues with the bye) -- Cinci and Jacksonville the next two weeks, then you'll need another option (Oakland and Pittsburgh Week 13-14).  15-16 sees Cleveland and Miami though... and Buffalo is technically still alive in the AFC.

Giants, Buffalo, and SD moving ahead are interesting to pick a pair

Moving forward, Buffalo and SD make an interesting pairing:

BUF - @CIN, JAX, @OAK, PIT, CLE, MIA
SD   - BYE, @HOU, TAM, @CAR, OAK, @CLE

Week 14 isn't ideal, but double matchup vs. Cleveland in the playoffs is pretty sweet, especially if you have a bye Week 14.

I picked up NE last week and just dropped them for Miami -- also have SD --

Matchups look good, but NE is near bottom of league in sacks and INT's. 

Nabbed Miami, but not having seen them play too much this year, not sure if they are a mediocre D that only benefits from match ups (like this week) or whether they have talent that can be relied upon ROS.

My guess is the former...?

Nabbed Miami, but not having seen them play too much this year, not sure if they are a mediocre D that only benefits from match ups (like this week) or whether they have talent that can be relied upon ROS.

Ever since ajayi has broken out the whole team has played better IMO. Although I promised myself never to trust dolphins defense ever again...I'm back..may God have mercy on my soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up NO of all D's, just have a weird feeling after watching them this past weekend. Cupboard was pretty much bare. Most teams have two D's already. Currently have ARZ and DAL

Ugh someone bid $50 on Miami so had to grab Oakland. Liked them over pit, Dallas, and Detroit. Someone dropped the rams too. My other defense is San Diego so I guess I'll hold on to them.

JIslander said:
I picked up NE last week and just dropped them for Miami -- also have SD --

Matchups look good, but NE is near bottom of league in sacks and INT's. 
Yeah, I avoided the, because of this. Their defense is good in real football but they just don't do much for fantasy. The problem with having the good offense is the defense doesn't have to do much. Everyone is excited for them for their match ups but that isn't what you want. They will blow the team out, the defense doesn't have to do anything and there is a ton of garbage time. 

Chaka said:
Dropped Washington for New England this week (and ostensibly through week 14).

Might pivot to Detroit though (last week I dropped the Giants for Washington and thought about pivoting to Tampa Bay or Houston both of which would have worked out better).
Let's talk Detroit for this week.  FBG has them as one of top defenses in both Dodds and Trembly ranking for my scoring system.  Anybody else considering trying to catch some Bortles turnovers and hopefully catch a Def score?

Surprised to see Dodds ranking Tennessee so high in Top 200 forward (#10) -- they have been under my radar because of a Week 13 bye and a schedule against teams that aren't world beaters but can put points on the board (@Ind, @Chi, Den, @KC, @Jac).

Is this D viable down the stretch?  

Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I picked up Miami in one league, I wasn't happy with whatever streamer I had there, the name slips me.  I have traditionally never enjoyed starting Miami. (in the very sparse spots I have, which couldn't be more than a handful over the years) Lets see if they show up this week.

BUT - In another league I got tired of Minnesota's bull#### and cut them loose to the waiver wire. I wonder if there will be a mad rush to acquire their services and proudly start them after their 4 slick points a week they have averaged the last 4 contests.

I picked up the GMEN, they are facing Mr. INT Cutler this week, and Cleveland next, so I will have to reevaluate in 2 weeks.

Still rolling BUFFALO in my biggest league.  I think any of us that own them will have to make other arrangements in weeks 13-14, but then the playoffs look nice.

TZM

Sneaky suspicion that CLE actually gets their first win this week. Home team, PIT def is horrible, gonna be a lot of running, weather causing some funky things to happen, PIT always seems to play poorly on the road vs weak teams. Im not touching PIT defense.

Rolling Pitt this week despite then being banged up and bad in general this year. It's the Browns. Other option is still the Eagles but the road scares me. 

Next week against Green Bay at home I'm going Eagles.

#### it. I'm rolling with Philly @SEA. They just shut down the best offense in the NFL and Seattle's O-line is hot trash. 

RIDE OR DIE

I was just contemplating these 3 teams.  I chose to go with the Rams. :shrug:
What worries me is Miami is already a competent offense, but you add-on that Goff is making his first start and I keep envisioning turnovers deep in their own territory which gives Miami great starting field position. 

I feel like it'll be a long day for the Rams D, unfortunately. 

Anyone have any thoughts on Carolina tonight?  

Shaq Thompson coming back and their run defense has been great. But boy does Brees always worry me.

They are home and been performing well lately, but their playoff schedule seems pretty brutal. May be worth dropping now.

Anyone have any thoughts on Carolina tonight?  

Shaq Thompson coming back and their run defense has been great. But boy does Brees always worry me.

They are home and been performing well lately, but their playoff schedule seems pretty brutal. May be worth dropping now.
I dropped them. Their schedule is ridiculously horrible.

VikingFrog said:
Okay. Bye bye panthers. True though, other than that San Diego game, their schedule is brutal.
If you ever see my post in this forum, be sure and do the opposite of whatever I decide.

Users who are viewing this thread