What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense** Weeks 14-16 FF Playoffs (1 Viewer)

2 things 

Browns gonna Brown

And Wentzylvania baby.

Didn't want to jinx the rookie by saying anything in here but these Cleveland defense picks were silly.
Hindsight is 20/20.  Wentz is a rookie who barely played in the preseason.  Is it completely unreasonable to think that Cleveland may have been a decent pick?  Yes I know they're Cleveland but..........

Ok gamers.....................

Minny defense owner here in two leagues, (as I mentioned above, I targeted them in several places) and there is no way they repeat this feat the next two weeks.

GB and @ Carolina the next two weeks makes me think they are drop worthy.

I see Baltimore in one, they have Cleveland next week...but then they are @ Jax, and I don't like that as much as I would have 4 years ago.

Either way, I am debating dropping MIN and snagging something.  Any suggestions?

I also have BUF available, but I don't like them on the short week, and Philly is sitting there.

OAK is also sitting here, and their next 2 weeks look fair enough. (@ home vs. ATL, then @ TEN)

Anything I missed on the OAK defense that the box score didn't show?

As usual, multi week "holds" are preferred.

Lets stir the streaming defense pot and come up with a couple of streamers.  I hate dropping MIN after their performance today, but I would much rather hold my RBs and such on my semi short benches. (having to hold a second QB, and I NEVER do that)

This is tough, to be so early in the season~!

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sticking with Philly against Chicago. Wasn't like the bears lit the world on fire against Houston.

Got their swagger back. Reassurected Suggs. But not crazy about their schedule.

Jets might be a keeper to pair with a streamer, decent schedule until championship week (Pats.)

49ers have six 3 n outs - whoever is playing LA is in the weekly conversation. Ditto for CLE, though McCown is probably an upgrade.

Think I'll drop the Eagles this week and pick up the Ravens. Might as well follow the vs Cleveland pattern right now, and Ravens looked good in their opener.

Got the Eagles in one league but noticed patriots were dropped so gonna go after them.  Other league I got cinci and am gonna drop them for oakland

Think I'll drop the Eagles this week and pick up the Ravens. Might as well follow the vs Cleveland pattern right now, and Ravens looked good in their opener.

Dropped MIN in one big league 4 hours ago and snagged Baltimore.

ALL ABOARD~!     :drive:

TZM

Houston is out there in one of my leagues. Tempted but I think I'll stick with GB for another week. Minny could be a trap game for them, but I feel like either Hill or Bradford are good for some TOs.

Really?  Figured it was just new Orleans at home.  You don't think they can play well at home v's atl?
No. I'll be at that game too and fully expect another shoot out. 

The secondary was pretty bad and after the first quarter Brees was unstoppable.   Zero pass rush. Short passing game was a killer. 

The secondary was pretty bad and after the first quarter Brees was unstoppable.   Zero pass rush. Short passing game was a killer. 
Man I really wanted to get them.  You got me rethinking.  Who else?  Bal?

Man I really wanted to get them.  You got me rethinking.  Who else?  Bal?
I like the Ravens over the Raiders but I think, barring a letdown game, which is certainly possible, Oakland is going to perform at a much higher level on defense than last week.  Ryan is solid but he's no Drew Brees.  If I can't get Baltimore off the wire, hey it's Cleveland you gotta go with them, then Oakland is who I am targeting (rolled the dice, and lost, with Tennessee last week).

As a Carr and Cooper owner, I like this.

I'm going Miami for a stretch. At NE which is average matchup and should generate some sacks vs those tackles. Then browns at home. At cincy but then Titans at home. Cover them for Pitt then bills at home then bye. With future games vs rams and sf

I like the Ravens over the Raiders but I think, barring a letdown game, which is certainly possible, Oakland is going to perform at a much higher level on defense than last week.  Ryan is solid but he's no Drew Brees.  If I can't get Baltimore off the wire, hey it's Cleveland you gotta go with them, then Oakland is who I am targeting (rolled the dice, and lost, with Tennessee last week).
Another reason I like the Raiders is they get tn the following week.

Just picked them up

Love the eagles, but was able to pick up new England so had to drop em

Going with the Ravens. I don't care that McCown is playing, the Browns are a mess at least until JG returns.

See a lot of mention of people coveting NE. They are available in a league where I have the Jets right now. Why is NE so hot?

For those dropping Minnesota, big mistake. Probably the top defense this year. I'd have no problem rolling them out vs GB.

One league I'm sticking with Philly and in the other stupidly sticking with LA. Have to think that was am aberration. They have a number of talented defensive players, play a Seattle team with a horrible line and gimpy Wilson, and always seem to play them tough.

For those dropping Minnesota, big mistake. Probably the top defense this year. I'd have no problem rolling them out vs GB.

One league I'm sticking with Philly and in the other stupidly sticking with LA. Have to think that was am aberration. They have a number of talented defensive players, play a Seattle team with a horrible line and gimpy Wilson, and always seem to play them tough.
Agreed on Minny, they are an every week play IMO

See a lot of mention of people coveting NE. They are available in a league where I have the Jets right now. Why is NE so hot?
They are talented but more importantly i like their schedule a lot over the next few weeks.  They shouldn't be available in most leagues I would think

Have Philly in a couple leagues, but really tempted to drop them for Baltimore. While Chicago looked bad, Cleveland looked even worse. 

Top 8 Most FF PA Allowed to DT: 

BAL

BUF

CHI

CLE

LA

MIA

SEA

TEN

Obvioisly, the sample size of 1 game is insufficient to be meaningful. Baltimore and Miami may be lousy offensively, but they were both in low scoring games with Buffalo and Seattle. The health of Watkins and Wilson were primary reasons the latter two teams struggled.

But CHI, CLE and LA are going to be on this consistently. TEN may hsve the worst set of WRs in thr NFL and Walker was uninvolved.

THE KEY to effective DT streaming is the generousity of the upcoming opponent's offensive. Target the DT playing those four and you'll do well.

Which lousy offenses are missing? Low scoring & prone to give up sacks or turnovers? Probably put DAL, MIN and PHI are in the conversation, though Dak & Wentz looked poised Week 1. MIN will be in a low of low scoring games.

Anyone else?

From the first post:

• this is not a discussion of elite defenses, or for FF purposes, perceived elite defense which were drafted in single digit rounds in some leagues. We know ARI, CAR, DEN and SEA are first tier DT/DSTs, and HOU, KC, LA, MIN and NE were likely drafted as well. Those 9 teams and a couple others are unlikely to be on anyone's waiver wire to start the year.
Is CAR elite? KC & LA didn't look the part. PHI was a very popular preseason sleeper DT but let's wait until we see them against a good offense. SF was the top DST in my league but they're not playing Jeff Fisher every week.

Jets had 7 sacks but Mrs AJ Green is not the corner he once was.

Buffalo at home on a short week anyone?  Four sacks last week and kept the points down on the road.  Jets offense looked good week 1 but not sure I trust them just yet.

ponchsox said:
Going with the Ravens. I don't care that McCown is playing, the Browns are a mess at least until JG returns.
Jumping on this Raven train as well. McCown is certainly an upgrade but I'm not too concerned.  

Going with Philly this week, grabbed up Miami for week 3 when Philly plays Steelers, not quite sure about week 4 ...

I have Rams with Eagles, Bills, and Ravens on WW. I'm leaning Ravens. 

I have the Rams too. I like the matchup vs the Seattle Offensive Line and would like to think the 0 sack performance last week was an abberation. I am going to give them a shot this week at home in a game with a 38.5 over/under. 

Dropped LA for NYJ this week.  Get a playmaker back, had 7 sacks vs. Cincy, bad offensive team with one of 2 best offensive players dinged.  Hope I don't regret giving up on LAR after their stinker last week.

For those of you who COULD start Vikings but aren't, shame on you.  + personnel and one of the best defensive-minded coaches in the league.  I have Minny in one league and regardless of their sched I'm starting them.

Users who are viewing this thread