What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MN trades for Bradford? (1 Viewer)

Andrew74

Footballguy
Per Schefter

Minnesota Vikings are trading for Eagles' QB Sam Bradford, league sources tell ESPN.

I think this speaks loudly to how concerned the Vikings are about Bridgewater's career.  They could have potentially muddled through this season with Hill and other journeymen, but were willing to deal 1st round pick for a QB who has a shot at being a starter for a couple of seasons.

That said, I personally would have kept the pick and used it on a QB in 2017 if I were that worried.

Should they call Dallas?  Think Dallas needs a vet w/ mileage still left 

Although it might be 12 months on Bridge too

That's way too much to give up, but Bradford is decent enough to where he could be as good as Bridgewater would have been once they get him up to speed with the playbook.  Until he gets hurt of course. :lol:

I think on the Vikings end of things, they must see the window shutting after this year. The defense is good, AP hasn't hit the cliff yet (though I think it comes this year), and they have good talents at WR in Diggs, Treadwell and Wallace. They have a shot this year and they need a QB who is not back up level to make it happen.

I think this speaks loudly to how concerned the Vikings are about Bridgewater's career.  They could have potentially muddled through this season with Hill and other journeymen, but were willing to deal 1st round pick for a QB who has a shot at being a starter for a couple of seasons.

That said, I personally would have kept the pick and used it on a QB in 2017 if I were that worried.
Agreed.  This is an absolute coup for Philly.

It's such a good trade for philly i almost don't believe it.  Helps the cap too.  The chip kelly Era is almost entirely cleaned up in one off season.  Amazing roster management

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it for both teams. MIN w/o Teddy was still talented enough to go 8-8. Who knows how many more years AP has and this team is built to win now. Why waste a year of that opportunity? People act as though first rounders are a guaranteed success....they are far from it.

Good for the Eagles as well. They are not built for a run this year and already have a lot invested in the position.

As a Vikings fan, I'm excited Hill won't be the starter - that's essentially throwing the season away. But I'm having some sticker shock at what it cost to get Bradford and they haven't even reported what the 2018 pick is yet. 

Makes more sense (as others have said) if Bridgewater might not be ready next year.

Like the deal for both. No guarantees Bridgewater gets back or back to level he was. Vikes weren't going to be in position to get top qb in draft even with Shaun hill starting. Eagles weren't doing anything with or without bradford

Curious if Chase Daniel can create some buzz before Wentz inevitably takes over... Absolutely knows the Andy Reid system that Peterson is running. 

As a Vikings fan, I'm excited Hill won't be the starter - that's essentially throwing the season away. But I'm having some sticker shock at what it cost to get Bradford and they haven't even reported what the 2018 pick is yet. 

Makes more sense (as others have said) if Bridgewater might not be ready next year.
RW said 2017 1 and 2018 4

Also, do they even think Bridgewater is going to play again? It's such a massive overreaction.

From Vikings' point of view, I love the trade.  We have a lot of good young players coming up to their 2nd contract, so we'll save money that way while we continue to push for a deep playoff run :)

I think on the Vikings end of things, they must see the window shutting after this year. The defense is good, AP hasn't hit the cliff yet (though I think it comes this year), and they have good talents at WR in Diggs, Treadwell and Wallace. They have a shot this year and they need a QB who is not back up level to make it happen.
Both of these imo.  Bridge might be (hopefully he is) back but maybe not.  Bradford could be good with the talent surrounding him.  He's certainly playing with the best rb duo he ever has, so there should be less pressure.  AD is nearing the end of his career, thus the Vikings needed to upgrade.  Now, I think McCown could have been that upgrade for 16.  

Great move for Philly, was not expecting this move at this time - if teddy had been injured a couple months ago I think a lot of us would have called for this move but there aren't any more preseason games.

Speilman is a great GM. This feels like a very bad move. Weird. 
IMO a bad move is sitting with your hands in your pockets wasting a year with a team that has a lot of talent. Bradford doesn't guarantee success however going into the season with Hill at QB guarantees no playoffs.

Vikings want to make a run.  They have a good team.  They can easily push the Packers for a division title again.  

Not saying it's necessarily a terrible move for the vikings but wow the Eagles are so friggin' lucky.

Vikings want to make a run.  They have a good team.  They can easily push the Packers for a division title again.  
Oh I agree but I'm not sure this was the only move they had. I mean Spielman loves his draft picks. 

How many first round picks and hundreds of millions of dollar need to be thrown for Bradford before teams realize he's hot garbage?

Fully understand the Vikes going after a veteran QB like Bradford...you can't let the Bridgewater injury end your season in August...that being said I can not believe they gave up a #1 for him...that is a steal for Philly...I would at least make it conditional based on games played, stats, wins etc...

Great deal for the eagles
Freak'n incredible deal for the Eagles.

They get Wentz and recoup the first round pick they gave up so the cost is just the 'extra' picks.  

They weren't going to keep Bradford anyway.  His salary alone dictates that they were going to dump him this offseason.  

They might win less games this year but who cares?  It is all about developing Wentz and now they 'essentially' get their first round pick they have no incentive to win now at all costs to make the pick they gave up to hold less value.

Understand the need to upgrade from Hill, but this feels like a gigantic overpay. I mean McCown would have cost a 3 instead of a 1, and Bradford, though he has more upside, has disappointed everyone, everywhere he has been. 

McGloin would have been younger and cheaper, so would Geno, Kaepernick, Glennon, McCoy. 

Just don't see Bradford as that big of an upgrade from those guys. Bradford has NEVER been worth a 1st round pick, and the Rams and Eagles could both attest to that.

This isn't fantasy football, you don't just trade a first for a guy a week before the season and have it work out. Just ask the Colts and their saga with TRich.

This isn't fantasy football, you don't just trade a first for a guy a week before the season and have it work out. Just ask the Colts and their saga with TRich.
TRich deal was midseason and don't think that trade is representative of anything other than a bad deal for the Colts.

Understand the need to upgrade from Hill, but this feels like a gigantic overpay. I mean McCown would have cost a 3 instead of a 1, and Bradford, though he has more upside, has disappointed everyone, everywhere he has been. 

McGloin would have been younger and cheaper, so would Geno, Kaepernick, Glennon, McCoy. 

Just don't see Bradford as that big of an upgrade from those guys. Bradford has NEVER been worth a 1st round pick, and the Rams and Eagles could both attest to that.

Just to play devil's advocate for a minute, there's no guarantees any of those guys were available at a cheaper price.  But agree on the price the Eagles got being huge.

Philly knows how to negotiate..  That should be an obvious fact by now    You call Philly, best bring some lube

Users who are viewing this thread