What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Mathews, Zach Ertz, S Diggs. What happens to their value with Bradford trade (1 Viewer)

Given the draft bounty PHI reaped for Bradford, don't even know if this is reflection of their confidence in Wentz or just 'we can't turn down a 1st for Sam...'.

From my POV, downgrade but hold for both.  On another note, if Wentz tears it up, would pay to be a fly on the wall in LA Rams locker room.

Diggs goes up

Still don't know what to make of ertz and matthews though
Not sure Diggs goes up, unless you are talking about rebounding back from the belief that he would have Shaun Hill throwing to him.  I'm not sure that Bradford, learning a new offense & having no offseason & no chemistry with Diggs, is a boost.

I wasn't high on Matthews to begin with, but I thought Ertz had a chance to put up decent TE numbers.  Most of that was based on the fact that he could play the "Kelce role" in Pederson's offense.  I'd be lying, however, if I said I wasn't worried about the late QB change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diggs should get a slight uptick over Hill, Mathews loses value, and I think Ertz  stays the same (or even goes up a bit) since rookie QB's seem to rely on their TE's a bit more than WR's

I'd downgrade...sucks as I targeted Matthews in my PPR auction. 

You just don't really know what you're going to get with Wentz his rookie year. 

Diggs- I think it hurts him early on but over the course of the year it's a net positive or probably the same as his prospects with Teddy B.  The first few weeks you know the Vikes are going to lean on ADP as Bradford learns the playbook.  Hard to see the targets needed, so he is going to have to be spectactularly efficient

Eagles- I think its clear the Eagles are embracing Wentz now and will use the year to let him make mistakes and learn on the job.  I see the offense has having a lot of turnovers and will be stagnant at times, but also I think that the overall volume for pass catchers may have gone up from if Bradford was starting, but with probably less TDs.

Diggs--agree with the earlier poster that said his value probably drops early in the season--but I do think over he gets better as the season progresses. 

Jordan Matthews/Ertz--I probably downgrade them both a bit for now.   With that being said--I was never a huge Bradford fan and I wouldn't be surprised to see them both be solid a few games into the season once some chemistry is established. 

Philly running backs--I'd upgrade them all a bit.

Rudolph--I think he gets a slight to moderate bump for my projections.   This isn't saying much because he's not really being treated like a difference making TE by the fantasy community--but I think by the middle of the year--he probably becomes a middle of the pack TE2 with upside.   

Minn RB's--lateral move for me.  AP is still a first round guy and MCkennon is still one of the best upside handcuffs in the league.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread