What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Atlanta LB's Starting in the middle (1 Viewer)

drunkb

Footballguy
Deion Jones - LB - Falcons

Falcons coach Dan Quinn confirmed second-round LB Deion Jones will start Week 1.
He will be joined in the starting lineup by fourth-round LB De'Vondre Campbell. Quinn made it clear veterans Paul Worrilow and Sean Weatherspoon will see snaps as well, but the Falcons have to get faster on defense, and the two athletic rookies bring plenty of speed. It is only a matter of time before the rookies are dominating snaps.
Probably a rotation for now, but it will likely be a phase out process for the village elders.

I have Jones and am really looking forward to see what he can do.  I see his speed as a huge upgrade to Worrilow.

I read or heard something about Jones during draft season, probably Draft Breakdown. 

Someone said, 'Yah, Jones is fast, he's the first guy to get blocked.'

There was not a lot of Deion Jones love from draft geeks, and Campbell was more of a sleeper type, with a more prototypical size, and still a good athlete. 

I passed Jones up in my three leagues, and got Campbell late in rookie drafts. Now I own this guy because of his size, and because one guy made me laugh a few months ago making fun of Jones.  

I read or heard something about Jones during draft season, probably Draft Breakdown. 

Someone said, 'Yah, Jones is fast, he's the first guy to get blocked.'

There was not a lot of Deion Jones love from draft geeks, and Campbell was more of a sleeper type, with a more prototypical size, and still a good athlete. 

I passed Jones up in my three leagues, and got Campbell late in rookie drafts. Now I own this guy because of his size, and because one guy made me laugh a few months ago making fun of Jones.  
To me, Weatherspoon looked like the best guy of any of the 6 LBs and it wasn't close. He was doing it from both the MLB and the WLB in the preseason.

To me, Weatherspoon looked like the best guy of any of the 6 LBs and it wasn't close. He was doing it from both the MLB and the WLB in the preseason.
i believe it on some level because he's not especially old or plain ineffective over his career. it's just he didn't do anything in AZ and was hurt his last season in ATL. Quinn wants speeds and the rookies offer that. i'm not writing off 'Spoon entirely but i suspect they have a longer leash than he does.

Users who are viewing this thread