What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trey Burton - TE (Colts) (1 Viewer)

SaintsInDome2006

Footballguy
Placeholder, because I think he might need a thread.

Lots of presence in the new Philly offense if the preseason is any indication. And the WR corps seems to be weakish after Matthews, and Pederson, rook QB, yadayada, there might be something here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely think there is a role for him this year and he could be a fantasy factor late in the year or next year.  He seems to me to be a bee to do a lot of the things Aaron Hernandez did.  If the Eagles will use him in that way is another story but the new HC seems to have the inclination. 

I need to go deep and I'm looking at Burton with Ertz likely on the shelf for a couple weeks. If he's active this week, any idea what to expect? All I know about him is that he's versatile and that he had a good camp.

I need to go deep and I'm looking at Burton with Ertz likely on the shelf for a couple weeks. If he's active this week, any idea what to expect? All I know about him is that he's versatile and that he had a good camp.
Seems like the athletic backup TE that never breaks out, even with an injury. Demetrius Harris 2.0, I'm sure the smart play is Celek.*

*That hasn't stopped me from rostering Burton in a couple deep leagues.

Burton's young, only 24.  He was getting some nice reviews in camp.  I think he gets the bump over Celek in the passing game.  Pederson loves multiple TE sets, so Burton should get plenty of snaps. Celek is more the blocking TE at this point in his career.  He'll get the occasional target but Burton should be the pickup if you're looking for an emergency TE.

Long term he's a bit of a tweener. Too small to be a TE. So is Jordan Reed. But I don't know if Burton is good enough to make up for his lack of size. He is a good receiver though. He will make some catches while Ertz is out. But I don't expect him to be startable.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Seems like the athletic backup TE that never breaks out, even with an injury. Demetrius Harris 2.0, I'm sure the smart play is Celek.*

*That hasn't stopped me from rostering Burton in a couple deep leagues.
More like James Casey I think.

Burton's young, only 24.  He was getting some nice reviews in camp.  I think he gets the bump over Celek in the passing game.  Pederson loves multiple TE sets, so Burton should get plenty of snaps. Celek is more the blocking TE at this point in his career.  He'll get the occasional target but Burton should be the pickup if you're looking for an emergency TE.
Looking good as an Ertz fill-in.

I'm going Anderson over him 
In one league I dropped him earlier this week when I bit on the fake news that Ertz had cleared the concussion protocol and the top seed in the league grabbed him and inserted him into his lineup.  He also has Gronk, so I expect he's a one week filler.  I could start Burton in another league over Kroft.  Kroft doesn't get targeted a lot but has scored 2 out of the last 3 weeks.  :unsure:   decisions decisions. Someone other than Green has to catch passes in Cincinnati don't they?

In one league I dropped him earlier this week when I bit on the fake news that Ertz had cleared the concussion protocol and the top seed in the league grabbed him and inserted him into his lineup.  He also has Gronk, so I expect he's a one week filler.  I could start Burton in another league over Kroft.  Kroft doesn't get targeted a lot but has scored 2 out of the last 3 weeks.  
My 3 choices are Burton, Kroft and VD. Going Burton.

My 3 choices are Burton, Kroft and VD. Going Burton.
I have a feeling Kroft is going to have a good game today.  The Rams have a much tougher pass defense than Chicago and someone other than Green has to catch passes, don't they?  Plus, he's scored two and out the last three weeks.

I have a feeling Kroft is going to have a good game today.  The Rams have a much tougher pass defense than Chicago and someone other than Green has to catch passes, don't they?
I have Kroft anderson and burton in one league.  Right now I’m leaning anderson, however I’ve had the same feeling with Kroft all week. I think with mixon out the bengals may go a little more pass heavy today

I have a feeling Kroft is going to have a good game today.  The Rams have a much tougher pass defense than Chicago and someone other than Green has to catch passes, don't they?
Have expected more from Kroft since Eifert has gone down. He's been okay, but as you said, the targets have not been there. I'm guessing we could see a 5/50 game out of Burton with the chance of a TD. 

Have expected more from Kroft since Eifert has gone down. He's been okay, but as you said, the targets have not been there. I'm guessing we could see a 5/50 game out of Burton with the chance of a TD. 
I do expect Burton to get more looks today but his match up isn't that good. 

I do expect Burton to get more looks today but his match up isn't that good. 
I'll quote myself on this tidbit.  The Rams are in danger of being without key coverage ILB Alec Ogletree (elbow) on Sunday.  This should benefit Burton. 

I have Burton, but I'm benching him. The tough Rams TE defense + the Celek effect makes me hesitant to start him. 

Think I'm taking my chances with Olsen over burton. Burton only had like 4 targets in the game ertz was out against the broncos and the eagles scored 50+

Well, I do believe he will get more targets, but I think Kroft has a better chance at a TD.
I feel kroft's just as touchdown dependent as burton is. 

Im no expert tho. I'm here browsing for advice just like the rest of us lol

I feel kroft's just as touchdown dependent as burton is. 

Im no expert tho. I'm here browsing for advice just like the rest of us lol
It's a crap shoot either way.  For now I'm going Kroft over Burton. There are fewer options in the passing game in Cincy than in Philly. 

Surprised not more love for Burton after he got a lot of targets last week. Definitely some risk with him but Bengals TE over him?

Surprised not more love for Burton after he got a lot of targets last week. Definitely some risk with him but Bengals TE over him?
What if by some miracle Ertz suits up and I'm stuck with Burton in the later game?  At least with Kroft I know what I'm getting in the early game.  If Ertz is labeled OUT before the early games it makes it easier.

Yeah, I'm going with Burton.  I actually dropped Greg Olsen for him because that foot injury scares me.  Was listening to Sirius the other day and they said that other receivers that had the same foot injury as Olsen never came back quite right.  I forgot which other receivers they were talking about but it was just convincing enough for me to drop Olsen.  Plus, when Olsen came back he immediately re-aggravated it and was out of the game.  I'm just worried that he's not fully healed and will end up re-aggravating it again.  Can't take that chance this late in the season.   Also going with Burton because the last time I played him when Ertz was out he caught 4 for 40 and a TD. 

What if by some miracle Ertz suits up and I'm stuck with Burton in the later game?  At least with Kroft I know what I'm getting in the early game.  If Ertz is labeled OUT before the early games it makes it easier.
Gotcha, as an Ertz owner I didn’t see it as close. In your case is Seals Jones also out there?

Yeah, but how would u feel if kroft goes off on ur bench and burton does nothing in ur line up?
Burton scored 40yds and a TD last time Ertz was out   :shrug:

Kroft and Burton are the same, IMO.   Both are TD dependent but Burton has the much better QB in a pass happy offense.

Yeah, but how would u feel if kroft goes off on ur bench and burton does nothing in ur line up?
Given the context of what you're replying to I believe you meant what if Burton goes off on your bench and Kroft gives you nothing?

Users who are viewing this thread