Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
BigSteelThrill

Joe Schobert NFL leader in tackles. Kendricks released.

Collins has played 78% of all defensive snaps, only five players have more, Denzel, Darius, Garrett, Shobert, and Ogunjobi.  Every single one of those guys has not looked as good over the past three games as they did the first three games.  Even Denzel has not wrapped up on tackles and Schobert has been hot-and-cold on many plays before he got hurt.  Ogun looked on the verge of having a breakout but.... I'm not about to hijack on a Schobert thread on another Mac attack but to sum up.

Collins has made plays and he's missed plays but he's not the only one to miss plays and no one other than Schobert has made as many plays on defense as he has over the past three games.  The entire defense is gassed and is getting depleted by injuries and are not anywhere near as good the trajectory they began the year.

No matter as Collins over the past three games has been making plays.  

• 23 tackles
  • 2 sacks
  • 2 stuffs
  • 1 pass defensed

• Like 1

On 10/18/2018 at 4:05 PM, MAC_32 said:

I can understand a full time player being gassed.  Garrett had been a 90%+ snap player up until last week.  There's an argument over use is what led to Schobert's injury.  The rookie Ward's missed like 4 snaps all year and Randall's played almost as many.  But Jamie Collins?  He has a 57, 61, and 79% sprinkled in there.  He's not gassed.  He's pillow soft.

Don't want to prolong the discussion but I just saw this,

The entire defense is blowing tackles at a higher rate than any team in the league.  Playing 3 OTs or nearly an entire extra game has taken  a tole on everyone IMHO.  Click link to see graph  of bottom five teams in league for missed tackles.  

Which team has missed the most tackles? ⁦@NFLResearch⁩ NextGen Stats

Andrew Siciliano‏Verified account @AndrewSiciliano

FollowFollow @AndrewSiciliano

8:15 AM - 18 Oct 2018

3 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Don't want to prolong the discussion but I just saw this,

The entire defense is blowing tackles at a higher rate than any team in the league.  Playing 3 OTs or nearly an entire extra game has taken  a tole on everyone IMHO.  Click link to see graph  of bottom five teams in league for missed tackles.  

Andrew Siciliano‏Verified account @AndrewSiciliano

FollowFollow @AndrewSiciliano

8:15 AM - 18 Oct 2018

Interesting stat, but it seems to correlate well with how often a defense is on the field.  Lots of teams with long OT games and weak offenses there.

This is a case where the rate stat (missed tackles / total defensive snaps) would probably be more enlightening.

18 hours ago, Arodin said:

Interesting stat, but it seems to correlate well with how often a defense is on the field.  Lots of teams with long OT games and weak offenses there.

This is a case where the rate stat (missed tackles / total defensive snaps) would probably be more enlightening.

I didn't post it because its a unique stat correlated to OT time played with exhaustion/being overworked .  I posted it to show the raw number of missed tackles and that Jamie Collins isn't the only one making bad whiffs.  A one-sided case can be made for any player on that defense especially if you had a grudge.  If you remove the bias and just look he's made plays, he has missed plays but he's made plays and taken into context of the entire defense he's made more other than one guy who is currently injured and Schobert has missed a ton of tackles but he obviously makes plays.  With high raw numbers of missed tackles no matter ratio of defensive snaps it makes it easier to make a negative case against anyone because they've all missed tackles.  

Edited by Bracie Smathers