What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ventless fireplaces: Electric vs Ethanol (1 Viewer)

fasteddie_21

2006 NM Poker Champ
We are in the process of having our basement finished and framing is almost done. We have to decide on what type of fireplaces we'd like. We are having 2 fireplaces installed and we're struggling deciding between electric ones w/ 'faux' fire or ethanol fireplaces. Gas is not an option due to the placement in the basement.

The main feature wall in the basement will have built-ins on the bottom and sides and the bulk of the wall will be stacked stone. In the center of that, is where the main fireplace will go. It's more for aesthetics than for heating the space, but that's a bonus, esp in the winter. This will be 5-6' in width.

The second fireplace will be near the bathtub in the master bathroom. This will only be about 30-36".

Does anyone have any experience with either electric or ethanol-burning ventless fireplaces? We'd love some firsthand feedback, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
When I redid my house about 4 years ago the wife talked me into installing a natural gas fireplace. At the time I didn't think we'd get much use out of it - but I was wrong. My kids love that thing. In the winter months they camp out in front of it in the mornings. Also it heats about half my first floor.

Don't really understand the purpose of an electric ones w/ 'faux' fire? Just hang a picture of a fireplace on the wall then.

Go with the ethanol one imo.

I have a propane fireplace and have had wood burning fireplaces before. I think the  fake ones look ridiculous and are a waste of money. They serve no purpose. 

Users who are viewing this thread