What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynast Watch: Vinny Smith-Gibbard,WR (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Smith-Gibbard has flown way, way below the radar this season, and is a huge dynasty stash.

6'4" 220 and ran a 4.38 40 at the combine. Ridiculous wingspan and top 5 in the cone, shuttle and biscuit drills.  Amazing hands, with just 3 drops his senior year, and his NFL coaching staff saying he has all the tools and his hamstring is now healed up. Despite being held out of preseason, by all reports from the beat writers he was absolutely destroying all throughout camp. Now with the WR1 still sidelined and the slot guy possibly now out for some weeks with an achilles, the OC is suggesting a start could be coming any day now, and the opportunity may be here. 

Keep him on your watch lists, and in deeper leagues this may already be the time to strike. If you don't have him listed in your MFL leagues, you may need to ping the commish to get that set up.

- Coach

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, Maurile very high on this guy in his Dynasty Destiny writeup this preseason. When that guy talks, you listen. 

Smith-Gibbard has flown way, way below the radar this season, and is a huge dynasty stash.

6'4" 220 and ran a 4.38 40 at the combine. Ridiculous wingspan and top 5 in the cone, shuttle and biscuit drills.  Amazing hands, with just 3 drops his senior year, and his NFL coaching staff saying he has all the tools and his hamstring is now healed up. Despite being held out of preseason, by all reports from the beat writers he was absolutely destroying all throughout camp. Now with the WR1 still sidelined and the slot guy possibly now out for some weeks with an achilles, the OC is suggesting a start could be coming any day now, and the opportunity may be here. 

Keep him on your watch lists, and in deeper leagues this may already be the time to strike. If you don't have him listed in your MFL leagues, you may need to ping the commish to get that set up.

- Coach
There is only one uncle chaps!!

Someone needs to start a thread letting us know whether or not they believe he will be a top 10 receiver.

Got Him!!!!!   Took all my waiver bucks and I had to hack the league website but he's mine!!!!

all of my league mates are sooooo jealous.  Thanks Otis!!!

Any new thoughts on this guy?  Worth a hold?
Funny you should ask; I'm surprised Faust didn't pick this blurb from yesterday up ...

Vinny Smith-Gibbard may be activated from the practice squad "as soon as next week", according to the team's director of player personnel.
Combine warrior Smith-Gibbard fell off the draft radar after a bizarre April incident involving an electric drill, a 40-pound watermelon, and a live muskrat. 6'4" with long limbs and 4.38 speed, VSG is exactly the type of prospect the drooling keyboard monkeys on this site love to hype for years after it's become obvious to everyone else that they aren't good at football. His redraft value is still near-zero at this point, but - prepare to hear us repeat this all through 2017 and beyond - Dynasty leaguers should be stashing and holding this high-upside prospect.

I dated his sister in high school. If he's as good on the field as she was between the sheets then you need to get him on your bench ASAP. Fast, slippery, and powerful. 

Bump for those looking for some awesome year-end dynasty value pickups for next season.  No way he isn't ranked a top 30WR heading into next year.

Bump for offseason news.  2017 looking like the breakout year.  
Grabbed him with my 30th-round pick in my recent big-money dynasty startup - you could tell who was "in the know" versus the guppies by their reactions to my pick. I'm already installing the championship flag holders on my front porch.

* hawkscreech * 

Re-signed and according to Mort looking like an absolute beast this offseason. Oh baby. 

Re-signed and according to Mort looking like an absolute beast this offseason. Oh baby. 
Heard he has a warrant out for smoking a joint or punching a girl or something.  Hoping it's the latter.  Would hate to see him get suspended right before he breaks out.  

My source says he just got an injury settlement.  Catastrophic pubococcygeal muscle tear which needs reconstruction.  Can't find a link, which is unsurprising.  It's a very hush hush situation.

Given the nasty injuries to folks above him on the depth chart and what the coach said in the presser Sunday, I’m thinking this week is the breakout. Buy now before you can’t. 

Users who are viewing this thread