What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

Hey Sig ! 

Standard - Maclin or Jennings in flex ? I had Maclin in but am leaning Jennings because Maclin has Verrett who schooled him twice last year and I like Jennings match up and 3 down/goal line work he's meant to be getting. 

Also got Bennett in at TE which makes me uneasy for week 1. Can pick up McDonald, Ebron, Cook or James off wire, what you think ?

How many games does it take to properly evaluate a guy you took late in your draft?  The WW heats up as soon as Week 1 is done.

Hi Bloom,

DJax/Mike Floyd or Maclin?  .5 PPR

Also,

One TE streamer for week 1. .5 PPR Charles Clay, Clive Walford, Jesse James, Jason Witten, Zach Miller or Vance McDonald?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
FOOTBALL IS OFFICIALLY BACK!

Thanks in advance for doing this too Bloom. 

got a couple week 1 questions for you:

1. non-PPR league need 1 player for my RB2 spot:

Rawls (conflicting reports on if he's still hurt, getting eased back, etc..)
  2. Duke Johnson
  3. Isaiah Crowell

[*]Should I drop New England's DST for Philly, GB, or Indy?

For the RB2, i'm leaning toward Duke, but i also have this feeling that the the game script might end up as more of a "Crowell kind of game"... 

Rawls or Crowell in a standard TD heavy league?

Maclin or Baldwin in regular standard?

Would you drop any of these guys for Rob Kelley in a ppr league? do you think he is worth getting before I have to use a waiver on him? 

Options to drop

Torrey Smith 

Shane Vereen 

Virgil Green - I have Ertz as starter 

Kirk Cousins - I have palmer as starter 

Rishad Mathews 

Christine Michael 

Tevin Coleman

Also I currently have stefon diggs in the flex, do you trust of of these guys over him this week? Do you think bradford helps or hurts diggs this season?

Bloom - FOOTBALL is back!

Pick 2 - .5 ppr 

Langford @ houston

Gordan @ KC

Edelman @ Ari

Rawls Vs Mia

Right now I have Langford as RB2 and Edelman as Flex.  

Hey Sig,

Great to be back.  Ten team standard.

Tyrod or Bortles?

Need two from following four: Rashard Jenning, DeAngelo Williams, Forsett, and Woodhead?

Finally, over the length of the season, who do you like more, Corey Coleman or Will Fuller?

Thanks! Jason

Hey Sig,

Pumped for another great year of football goodness! 

Who would you draft to pick up a kicker?

Crowell, Sims, or McKinnon?

AP,  Jstew, Gio and D'Angelo are my top 4 RBs 

Hi Sig,

Thanks again for all you do for FBG subscribers and keeping the stoke going on the podcasts!

Need to start 2 RBs, 2WRs, 1 Flex out of the following (non-PPR):   AJ Green, Allen Robinson, Doug Baldwin, Michael Floyd, Matt Forte, Frank Gore, and Spencer Ware

Thoughts?

Hi Sig,

1 pt ppr 

1. Pick 2 wr 2 rb 1 te and flex (wr/rb/te)

Aj green,keenan allen,ty,cobb,jordan matthews,crabtree

Lesean Mccoy,latavius murray,ware,gore,sims,Bilal Powell

Gates, bennett

2. Who do i drop for a kicker from the above list? Leaning bilal powell or Bennett. Also macmanus or santos for kicker?

Thank You

Hey Sig ! 

Standard - Maclin or Jennings in flex ? I had Maclin in but am leaning Jennings because Maclin has Verrett who schooled him twice last year and I like Jennings match up and 3 down/goal line work he's meant to be getting. 

Also got Bennett in at TE which makes me uneasy for week 1. Can pick up McDonald, Ebron, Cook or James off wire, what you think ?
Jennings

Bennett

Thanks for doing this. Scratching my head with C.J. Anderson tonight. Need some help with lineup.. mostly RB/WR.

SCORING----> QB: 4pt TD, -1pt INT, 1pt/50 yds. RB/WR: 6pt TD, 1pt/25 yds, -2 fumbles.

Pick 1 - QB: Manning, Fitzpatrick, Winston.  (going w/Manning)

Pick 2 - RB: Miller, C.J. Anderson, J. Hill, S. Ware, D. Washington. (torn who to start as RB 2)

Pick 4 - WR/TE: R. Cobb, Maclin, Decker, Crabtree, Marvin Jones, Julius Thomas, John Brown, Funchess, Wheaton

K - Hauschka

DEF - Titans

Here's to another year! Thank you,

MG

FPC question. Here's my roster:

QB: Brady, Carr

RB: Zeke, Bell, DWill, Gio, Perkins, Dwayne Washington

WR: Moncrief, Lockett, M. Thomas, Dorsett, Treadwell, Boldin, Pryor

TE:Walker, Bennett, Hooper

I'm planning to start Zeke and DWill at RB, Moncrief at one of the WR slots, Walker at TE and Gio in one of the Flex spots.  What's the call for my other WR and my other Flex?  I'd like to go Lockett, but Seattle's O-Line is really, really awful.  Thomas at WR and Bennett at Flex?  Do I put in Pryor at Flex and hope he catches a bomb or two from RG3?

Sig,

Thanks as always for doing this.

First questions I have deal with Jordy in a PPR league. Are you trusting him this week with no preseason work? I can start Bernard over him in one league and in another league I can start Snead, Gore or Melvin Gordon over him. Who would you roll with a) Gio or Jordy and b) Snead, Gore, M. Gordon or Jordy?

The other question is for a TD-only league, would you roll with Jameis at Atlanta or Matt Ryan at home v TB?

Thanks once again, let the roller coaster ride begin!

Welcome back, Sig.  Thanks in advance for the season of rec'd.

Pick one RB (0.5 PPR) - Deangelo or Martin?

Pick 2 WR - Evans, Watkins, Cooper?

Pick 2 flex (0.5 PPR) - Dorsett, Michael Thomas, Parker, Bernard

How many games does it take to properly evaluate a guy you took late in your draft?  The WW heats up as soon as Week 1 is done.
depends on the ceiling of the player and situation and questions you have. on the other side, WW pickups can be so compelling to make you impatient with picks. really a case by case basis. most patient where ceiling is highest

Finally, week 1 is here!

PPR, roster below, start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 2 RB/WR Flex.  Bolded Players are what I plan on starting:

QB:  Brees, Tannehill

RB: Zeke, Hyde, Jennings, Powell, Forsett

WR: Alshon, Landry, Lockett, Michael Thomas

TE:  Bennett, Virgil

Would you do anything differently?

Also, probably a dumb question but Diggs is on the WW, drop Forsett to get him?

Thanks Sig!

-Eric

Great!

Which two do you feel better about as end of bench WR ?

1 Hogan

2. Boldin

3. Eli Rodgers

Start?

fleener or corey coleman in standard

Lockett or  Corey Coleman in PPR

Helping the wifey manage her work league (guppies) Jeremy Hill got dropped?!, but already loaded at rb (L miller, Mccoy, S Ware, D Henry, Cmike) Think its worth dropping cmike for Hill?  I feel like this is a dumb question

Thanks Sig

montanagold said:
Pick 2 - RB: Miller, C.J. Anderson, J. Hill, S. Ware, D. Washington. (torn who to start as RB 2)
I'm having the same trouble with CJ Anderson 

Need to pick two of Shady, CJA, Ware for my two RB slots.  0.5 PPR.  Leaning Shady/Ware.

Curious what Bloom thinks.

Thanks for doing this again this season!

.5 pt ppr.

Sterling Shepard or Duke Johnson in flex?

Starters are A. Robinson, Green, Forte, and Latavius Murray

Hello buddy

Pls help

Ppr 

Pick a wr

Maclin vs sd

Or

Djax vs Pitt

Also pick 2 rb from

Ingram vs oak 

L. Murray @ no

Ware vs sd

.5 PPR. I need to pickup a kicker. [my starters are hyde & McCoy]

Abdullah

gore

duke Johnson

matt jones

yeldon

Question pertaining to the game tonight.

12 teams, 0.5 PPR, 2 RB (#1 is Lamar Miller)

For RB2: Jonathan Stewart or TJ Yeldon

Stumped on two:

KC D @ home with SD or PHI D at home with CLE

Eli or Bortles? 4 pts per passing TD; 1 pt per 25 yards passing; INT = -3 points

TIA happy opening week!

.5 PPR, 1 for 20 yards receiving, -4 for fumbles. Melvin Gordon or Charles Sims at the Flex?

Also, which Monday night D/ST do you like best? Only Rams are owned and I'm looking to keep Eli Rodgers on the roster if I'm already winning after Sunday.

Thanks!

PPR FLEX decision, pick one:

RB - Melvin

RB - Ameer

WR - Michael Thomas

WR - Sanu

TE - Martellus

Nice to see you back Sig.

FPC scoring:

Need 1 of the following for a final flex:

T.Riddick @ Ind

I.Crowell @ Phi

P.Dorsett vs Det

Need 1 of the following at TE:

A.Gates @ KC

J.Witten vs NYG

Hi Bloom, welcome back.

Standard, non-PPR.  Need two of these four RBs:  J. Hill, J. Stew, TJ Yeldon, Derrick Henry.

Thanks!

Both Stafford & Winston were dropped in my 12-team 6pt for all TD league. 

Who you like better this year to back up Bortles for me?

Hey Sig,

10 tm league, 6 pt Passing Td.

I own Matthew Stafford and plan to start him Week 1.

P. Rivers and Eli Manning are available on waivers/FA.
Would you drop M. Stafford in order to pick up Eli Manning or Philip Rivers because they are better season long options?

Another option would be to drop Tevin Coleman OR Philip Dorsett and roster 2 QB's for Week 1. I would prefer not to do this.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

howo5 said:
Hi Bloom,

DJax/Mike Floyd or Maclin?  .5 PPR

Also,

One TE streamer for week 1. .5 PPR Charles Clay, Clive Walford, Jesse James, Jason Witten, Zach Miller or Vance McDonald?

Thanks!
floyd-djax-maclin

james

4th&inches said:
FOOTBALL IS OFFICIALLY BACK!

Thanks in advance for doing this too Bloom. 

got a couple week 1 questions for you:

1. non-PPR league need 1 player for my RB2 spot:

Rawls (conflicting reports on if he's still hurt, getting eased back, etc..)
  2. Duke Johnson
  3. Isaiah Crowell

[*]Should I drop New England's DST for Philly, GB, or Indy?

For the RB2, i'm leaning toward Duke, but i also have this feeling that the the game script might end up as more of a "Crowell kind of game"... 
crow

i would play WAS D this week

Users who are viewing this thread