What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

Good day, Bloom.

Question #1
QB scoring: Pass TD = 4 pts, 50 pass yds = 1 pt.
2 QB roster limit -- which 2 QB would you go into the season with T. Taylor, B. Bortles, K. Cousins?

Question #2
Steelers WR situation. I'm not convinced M.Wheaton is anything but a JAG.
If you were going to roster E. Rogers and S. Coates, who are you going with (.5 PPR)?

Question #3
Which 2 TE would you roster (.5 PPR) T. Kelce, D. Allen, or M. Bennett?

Question #4
Week 1: If Gronk is out, start M. Bennett over C. Fleener even with Jimmy G at QB vs. Cards D (.5 PPR)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sig got a trade question, 14 team PPR league start 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB flex

MY Team

QB: Brees, Flacco

RB: David Johnson, Rawls, Powell, Forsett

WR: Keenan Allen, Fitz, Lockett, Michael Thomas, Sharpe

TE: Thomas, Vance

Other team

QB: Big Ben

RB: Latavius Murray, Doug Martin, Sims, C-Mike

WR: Decker, Floyd, Sneed, Funchess, Coates

TE: Gronk, Cameron

they sniped C-Mike from me in the draft, offered Forsett for C-Mike they said no looking more for WR help but Also know they might trade Murray for Rawls.

Would you trade Rawls for Latavius?

Thanks Sig!

can you get deandre washington. inclined to say do it
Unfortunately he was also drafted, so wouldn't have a handcuff unless the owner has to drop him.

Good day, Bloom.

Question #1
QB scoring: Pass TD = 4 pts, 50 pass yds = 1 pt.
2 QB roster limit -- which 2 QB would you go into the season with T. Taylor, B. Bortles, K. Cousins?

Question #2
Steelers WR situation. I'm not convinced M.Wheaton is anything but a JAG.
If you were going to roster E. Rogers and S. Coates, who are you going with (.5 PPR)?

Question #3
Which 2 TE would you roster (.5 PPR) T. Kelce, D. Allen, or M. Bennett?

Question #4
Week 1: If Gronk is out, start M. Bennett over C. Fleener even with Jimmy G at QB vs. Cards D (.5 PPR)?
pts per 10 rush yds? i suppose id let cousins go. no easy call

coates, higher potential payoff, altho not on the field a lot early

kelce and bennett

yes

Hey-o!

Two Leagues, two questions:

League A
Pick 1 .5ppr
Gates
Theo
Snead

League B
Pick 2 .5ppr
Gio
Langford
Floyd

Many thanks, fer all you do.

Recent reports have Andy Reid waffling on West vs. Ware. I'm sure Ware owners are getting spooked.

Yes or No...are you lowering Ware's projections at all?

If yes, would you start J. Hill or Gio over Ware?

Thanks!

Recent reports have Andy Reid waffling on West vs. Ware. I'm sure Ware owners are getting spooked.

Yes or No...are you lowering Ware's projections at all?

If yes, would you start J. Hill or Gio over Ware?

Thanks!
maybe hill over ware. i did take a few carries away from ware and gave them to west, but not a ton

ppr- flex play

CMike or T. Pryor?

(big bonus for scores from more than 50yds out)

thanks!

Ffpc scoring, I was an underdog going into the week and Anderson has put me in a 30 point hole. I have 4 guys I could start at my 2 flex spots. Jeremy Hill, Tavon Austin, Tyler Lockett, and Isaiah Crowell. I am leaning towards Austin and Lockett, since I think I need my 2 flex spots to have big weeks if I want to make the comeback. What do you think? Here are the lineups. 

Me

Luck/Mariotta 

Miller, Martin

A. Rob, Maclin

Barnidge

Prater

Philly Def

His

Rodgers

D. Johnson, Anderson

Evans, Cobb

Witten

Hurns, Duke Johnson

Houston d

Seattle kicker. 

Thanks in advance. 

Christine michael has my lineups in an uproar.

League 1, Standard, I need a flex:

Snead

Gio

Gore

CMike

League 2, 1 ppr, 0.5 pt per carry, I need an RB:

Duke Johnson

Danny Woodhead

Charles Sims

James White

CMike

League 3, 0.5 ppr, I need a flex:

Jeremy Langford

Tajae Sharpe

Thanks for the help.

Hi Bloom,

need help deciding my flex. should I go with Michael Floyd, Rashaad Jennings or Arian Foster in ppr league. I'm already starting Latavius, Ware, A.J., Dez, and T.Y.. Thanks. 

Full PPR.

* S. Ware vs SD -- Recent Reid comments freaking everyone out.

OR

* G. Bernard @NYJ -- Could be a "Gio" game if Hill slams into the wall. NYJ I believe give up a ton of receptions to RBs.

Who?

Thanks

Need a Gronk replacement for this week and whatever games going forward.  All of these are available:

Ebron, Walford, Z Miller, Clay, D Allen, Cook. 

PPR

Thanks!

Good morning Sig,

I'm stuck in the position of streaming QB until Tom Brady returns in week 4:

12 teams, 6 points for Tds and 1/4 point for completions

-Alex Smith  vs SD

-RG3 @ PHI

-Cutler @HOU

-Tannehill @ SEA

Also starting Spencer Ware if that makes a decision decision for Alex Smith easier/harder. Thank you!!

msudaisy26 said:
Ffpc scoring, I was an underdog going into the week and Anderson has put me in a 30 point hole. I have 4 guys I could start at my 2 flex spots. Jeremy Hill, Tavon Austin, Tyler Lockett, and Isaiah Crowell. I am leaning towards Austin and Lockett, since I think I need my 2 flex spots to have big weeks if I want to make the comeback. What do you think? Here are the lineups. 

Me

Luck/Mariotta 

Miller, Martin

A. Rob, Maclin

Barnidge

Prater

Philly Def

His

Rodgers

D. Johnson, Anderson

Evans, Cobb

Witten

Hurns, Duke Johnson

Houston d

Seattle kicker. 

Thanks in advance. 
hill and lockett

Jshtlr said:
Christine michael has my lineups in an uproar.

League 1, Standard, I need a flex:

Snead

Gio

Gore

CMike

League 2, 1 ppr, 0.5 pt per carry, I need an RB:

Duke Johnson

Danny Woodhead

Charles Sims

James White

CMike

League 3, 0.5 ppr, I need a flex:

Jeremy Langford

Tajae Sharpe

Thanks for the help.
cmike

cmike

langford

Good morning Sig,

I'm stuck in the position of streaming QB until Tom Brady returns in week 4:

12 teams, 6 points for Tds and 1/4 point for completions

-Alex Smith  vs SD

-RG3 @ PHI

-Cutler @HOU

-Tannehill @ SEA

Also starting Spencer Ware if that makes a decision decision for Alex Smith easier/harder. Thank you!!
rg3

Full PPR, RB2 slot

Ware

CMike

J Hill

A Abdullah

Your rankings in the 10 second say Ware, but the news seems to be trending the wrong way on him, and the right way on C Mike.  You still think Ware is the play?

Bonus question, Flex in full PPR

Mi Floyd or M Jones?  

Again, your rankings say Floyd, but that Indy/Det game seems primed for points, and the Indy secondary is decimated.

I feel like 80% of these questions can be answered with "Check my rankings this week."

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/myweeklycheatsheet.php?who=107&pos=flex&profile=0&week=1

So I'll toss one out that I can't really answer other than going by your pre-season draft order.

These are my bench players and I want to know which ones are most likely to breakout as potential 1st-3rd round draft picks next year (redraft w/ one keeper taken 6th or later this year) so that I don't drop them when the waiver-wire gets hot.  The league is a fairly shallow PPR league with a 4RB roster max and basically 3 flex spots (so I've taken a ton of WRs).  I apologize for how studly this all sounds but the key to this league seems to be securing top keepers for the next year and rostering potential super-stars before they blow up.

Starters: AJ Green, Lamar Miller, Alshon Jeffery, Allen Robinson (last year's keeper)

Bench RBs: Duke Johnson, Spencer Ware (starting this week), Derek Henry

Bench WRs: Demaryius Thomas (not keeper elgible), Golden Tate, Kevin White, Josh Gordon (all of my friends think "once a pothead, always a pothead so it's a wasted pick), Devin Funchess

Current Waiver Wire: Charles Sims, Chris Ivory, Isaiah Crowell, James White, Tevin Coleman, Christine MIchael, Tajae Sharpe, Will Fuller, Josh Doctson

Sig,

Would you trade Cmike for Philip Rivers in a 0.5 ppr keeper league (14 teams)? Rawls owner is desperate!

My Team:

QB: Osweiler

RB: CJA, Charles, Gio, Crowell, Cmike, Ware, Booker

WR: ODB, Jordy Nelson, JGordon, K White, T Sharpe

TE: Kelce, MBennett

If not, which 2 do you drop to pick up K and D?

THanks!

I find myself down by 30 already thanks to playing vs cj.  Should I sit forte in favor of ware and then put djax in my flex?  I have had forte and ware in but having second thoughts on forte vs a good def and not really knowing split with powell

Best RB stashes for a RB weak team (14 team, half PPR, pretty sharp league):   Washington, McKinnon, Hightower, Dion Lewis, Karlos Williams, and Shaun Draughn (most all RBs went in the draft)?  

Current team details if helpful:

Other details: 
-QB - Cam
-TE - Reed
-WRs - Green, Keenan Allen, Fitzgerald, Stills
-RBs: Jennings, Riddick, Powell, Washington, McKinnon, Hightower
-Def - Panthers

Another question PPR standard scoring else where. Need to start 2 of these players for flex spots

Jeremy Hill, Duke Johnson, Danny Woodhead, and Steve Smith sr.

Same scoring different league. Need a flex spot, Arian Foster, Melvin Gordon, Woodhead, or Witten

Thanks in advance

Who should I start in a PPR? Larry Fitz v. NE

Marvin Jones @ Indy

Gio Bernard @ NYJ

PPR 0,5

Fitz, Desean, Gore - Pick 2

PPR 1

Gates, Bennet, Delaine, Lockett

James White, Yeldon, Hyde 

Pick 1RB 1TE 1FLEX

Im so glad football is back!!!!

So standard league Christine Micheal or Langford??

and for a flex pryor or lockett?

Thanks for doing this again this season!

Users who are viewing this thread