What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Add/Drop/Waiver Wire - Lets Roll (1 Viewer)

matuski

Footballguy
I am thinking Virgil Green is going to be getting some PPR garbage points this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Green was drafted in my league; surprisingly, Booker was not

Funchess with a weak opener but that could change as the season goes on

Green was drafted in my league; surprisingly, Booker was not

Funchess with a weak opener but that could change as the season goes on
Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I've read from the talking heads how great Funchess has looked all offseason, how he could outproduce Benjamin, and he was behind Ginn in the starting lineup? :confused:

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I've read from the talking heads how great Funchess has looked all offseason, how he could outproduce Benjamin, and he was behind Ginn in the starting lineup? :confused:
Funchess was a TE in college up until 2014

Still developing I'm not cutting him I think he will be much improved this year

That's the best back 4 he'll see all year

Funchess was a TE in college up until 2014

Still developing I'm not cutting him I think he will be much improved this year

That's the best back 4 he'll see all year
I have him in a couple of leagues and (obviously) won't cut him and trying not to overreact to one week.

Having said that, considering many pundits, including some writers on this site, have been talking about Funchess wowing in camp and potentially outproducing Benjamin this year, I was surprised to see him not even in the starting lineup.

Gotta be a little worried about Funchess after tonight. Not because of Ginn but because Kelvin was supposedly on a snap count and silll got 36% of the targets. Olsen got 27% of them as well. Add to that that Kelvin got popped real good several times. but bounced back and they kept feeding him.

I think it's the Benjamin/Olsen show through the air with Ginn getting the occasional deep ball. I'm not sure how Funchess carves out  a viable fantasy relevant role this year. 

matuski said:
I am thinking Virgil Green is going to be getting some PPR garbage points this year.
I was happy with his performance given my dire straits at TE. I think he'll perform around the TE12-15 range. IIRC, he was open for a RZ TD but Simian missed him or was sacked can't recall. Throw in the TD a very nice debut given his acquisition cost.

Gotta be a little worried about Funchess after tonight. Not because of Ginn but because Kelvin was supposedly on a snap count and silll got 36% of the targets. Olsen got 27% of them as well. Add to that that Kelvin got popped real good several times. but bounced back and they kept feeding him.

I think it's the Benjamin/Olsen show through the air with Ginn getting the occasional deep ball. I'm not sure how Funchess carves out  a viable fantasy relevant role this year. 
I never bought this hype despite the KB slow start angle. And I know you are in charge of your own draft, but I never should have bought in to the FBG fading Benjamin so hard. Passed on him twice due to his super low DD ranking. I'm sure many posters here are in same boat. Always go with your gut. I'd much rather blame myself for a bad pick than someone else. :D  

I'll admit to having very few shares of Benjamin, but I don't feel like I missed out, there was a lot of other talent sitting there at his mid summer early 4th ADP.

I did grab some Funchess in the 11th/12th late July/early August, then went heavy Ginn the past few weeks in the 15th+ rds. I'm talking MFL10's where you don't have to guess every week and a 1/60/1 game from Ginn will count for you. 

The Funchess shares may end up being wasted picks, it's still early so things could change. Even so, a double digit round miss doesn't set you back much.

I was happy with his performance given my dire straits at TE. I think he'll perform around the TE12-15 range. IIRC, he was open for a RZ TD but Simian missed him or was sacked can't recall. Throw in the TD a very nice debut given his acquisition cost.
Yeah, I think the ball was tipped or something.  Green was standing alone in the endzone. 

Mike Wallace, trust me...went undrafted in a couple leagues I participated in. His skill set actually matches to Flacco. Ravens have a hard time running but Wallace could help if he can stretch the field like Torrey Smith did a few seasons back, i think he can be that good in this offense. 

Short roster prevented me from snagging him but I believe he will rack 800/6 on the low side. Smith gimpy and old, Aiken is nothing special and Wallace is listed as one of the 2 starting WRs to my knowledge. 

5/70 on Sunday, glimpse of what's to come. 

Agree, Mike Shula the OC is old school and it's a clear WR1, TE, RB1...the rest is spare parts. 

Mike Tolbert is a waste of touches IMHO. 

Mike Wallace, trust me...went undrafted in a couple leagues I participated in. His skill set actually matches to Flacco. Ravens have a hard time running but Wallace could help if he can stretch the field like Torrey Smith did a few seasons back, i think he can be that good in this offense. 

Short roster prevented me from snagging him but I believe he will rack 800/6 on the low side. Smith gimpy and old, Aiken is nothing special and Wallace is listed as one of the 2 starting WRs to my knowledge. 

Yeah you know what this does feel like one of those Vet WR Last Hurrah Seasons. Good call. (Maybe ....)

He needs to be owned on any team with a bench if even a 10% chance of him coming back.  
Why? He wasn't that good last year. He looked like he was at the end of the line and what's more, he acted like he knew it. This will be a waste of a roster spot imo

Why? He wasn't that good last year. He looked like he was at the end of the line and what's more, he acted like he knew it. This will be a waste of a roster spot imo
He was also banged up, maybe the time off helped? All of you who assume he is going to be terrible IF he comes back act like players never have a down year and then come back strong.

He was also banged up, maybe the time off helped? All of you who assume he is going to be terrible IF he comes back act like players never have a down year and then come back strong.
Except he wasn't banged up the whole year. He was just playing poorly. Further, it's a waste of a roster spot because while players come back from down years, he is 30 years old he would ve the exception, not the rule.

Moot point anyway, from his own mouth today he said it's not happening

Except he wasn't banged up the whole year. He was just playing poorly. Further, it's a waste of a roster spot because while players come back from down years, he is 30 years old he would ve the exception, not the rule.

Moot point anyway, from his own mouth today he said it's not happening
Link? He never said that. A DEAF fullback said it. How could Lynch tell a deaf guy anything?

I had a buddy trying to sell me on Funchess yesterday afternoon.  I'm just not buying it.  He's a waiver WR at the moment.  I don't know how anyone could argue differently.  In a deep dynasty league, sure throw him on the bench and see what happens.  But if you are ever forced to start him this year, you're rolling the dice bigtime.

IMO, it is impossible to draw any firm conclusions after one game, but it is especially impossible to draw conclusions based on a road game against the Denver defense. The Panthers won 17 out of 18 games last year and then went on to lose to Denver in back-to-back games. I'm guessing that is more the anomaly than the 17-1 stretch.

This. The only negative I've heard was that he failed his condition test to start camp. He passed after one week and it's been nothing but good news. I bet he leads all Ravens in targets. Not bad for a team that had the most passing attempts last year. Like you said Flacco is a perfect fit. I'm actually starting him with confidence this week against the bills

Fairly obvious but Charcandrick West is available a lot.  If he truly splits carries and Charles return is delayed for any reason he has instant flex value

This. The only negative I've heard was that he failed his condition test to start camp. He passed after one week and it's been nothing but good news. I bet he leads all Ravens in targets. Not bad for a team that had the most passing attempts last year. Like you said Flacco is a perfect fit. I'm actually starting him with confidence this week against the bills
In the 7 years with Harbaugh in BAL, prior to last year, the Ravens never had a losing record. Their average ranking in passing attempts was 20th. The Ravens were decimated by injuries on both sides of the ball, were frequently behind, couldn't really run the ball, and were forced to pass early and often. Trestman offenses typically pass more than Harbaugh's, but I doubt a healthier team will come anywhere near leading the league in passing attempts again.

I'm playing in a 3 wr 2 flex league with ppr scoring. What does everyone think of picking up Steelers slot receiver Eli Rogers ?

I'm playing in a 3 wr 2 flex league with ppr scoring. What does everyone think of picking up Steelers slot receiver Eli Rogers ?
Actually just did the same thing in a .5 PPR as a bench stash. Wheaton seems to be hurting so I'm guessing that'll bring Coates into the game as an outside WR, but got a feeling Rogers could do some damage since it looked like he had a good rapport with Ben from what I saw in preseason. Behind Brown who does Ben have the highest comfort level with? Brown can beat anyone but he could be tangling with Norman as well. Heath Miller is gone, and LeVeon isn't in there either. Steelers seem to be pretty good at finding WRs, so I think it makes sense if you can stash Rogers on your bench.

I'll echo the Eli Rogers sentiment in here.  I just have a feeling this kid is going to to surprise a lot of people this year and be the 2nd favorite target in this passing offense.  Well maybe 3rd after brown and the Rb.  

The steelers coaches and Big Ben have been talking him up a ton.  They did this about brown early in his career when everyone thought sanders was the better talent.  

I dropped hogan for Rogers.  And I did that in a standard league.  I may live to regret it, but I just have a feeling about this kid.  

I also dropped Virgil green to pick up DGB after the owner who drafted DGB dropped him the other day.  

The thing that no one seems to be talking about is that apparently DGB has been practicing with the ones for a few weeks now opposite Jordan Matthews. 

It looks like the Eagles are trying to prepare him for a huge role on offense.  The coaches are singing his praises as are his teammates.  Maybe the change of scenery and the kick in the butt from being tossed aside by the Titans has straightened his out finally and he's maturing.  

I could see him posting double digit tds this year and being Wentz' security blanket in the red zone all year.  Rookie qb in the red zone..why not throw a fade to your monster 6'5" wr to a spot where only he can catch it?  Easy peasy.  

Drop James White for DJ Foster
I've seen Foster mentioned a couple times lately.  Are we feeling he is going to be the guy soon?  He had some pretty solid numbers in the 4th preseason game, but I don't think White played in that game.  What makes people think he will get meaningful snaps early on?

I've seen Foster mentioned a couple times lately.  Are we feeling he is going to be the guy soon?  He had some pretty solid numbers in the 4th preseason game, but I don't think White played in that game.  What makes people think he will get meaningful snaps early on?
I took Foster for $1 in my auction league with deep rosters.  But I've got no confidence he'll see meaningful snaps in the first few weeks and maybe not at all depending on how White plays and the time table for Lewis' return.

I do think he's more talented than White but don't see him earning BB's trust that quickly.  No way I'd drop White for him at this point.  He's pretty much a lotto ticket right now.

I took Foster for $1 in my auction league with deep rosters.  But I've got no confidence he'll see meaningful snaps in the first few weeks and maybe not at all depending on how White plays and the time table for Lewis' return.

I do think he's more talented than White but don't see him earning BB's trust that quickly.  No way I'd drop White for him at this point.  He's pretty much a lotto ticket at this point.
Thanks.  I like this site for helping be a week or two early on the up and coming guys.  I'll hold white for now, although I'm not sure any pats have value with Brady and Gronk out, on the road in AZ.

For me, White is JAG.  Lewis is eligible to come back week 7 and if he does and if he's ok then both White and Foster won't get much time.....BUT, Gronk is now out week 1 and Foster has a window early on to possibly do something.  If NE key guys are hurt, Foster could step in to a big role as long as he can leapfrog White, which I think is very possible.  Foster has some pretty good upside for minimum cost right now.  If he catches 8 balls for 100yds and a TD in week one his price goes way up.

Thanks.  I like this site for helping be a week or two early on the up and coming guys.  I'll hold white for now, although I'm not sure any pats have value with Brady and Gronk out, on the road in AZ.
Biggest value in visiting the SP is being a week or two early on diamonds in the rough, espcially if you can wade through all the other stuff.

This board definitely helped me get Lewis as a post draft pick up last season, opened my eyes to David Johnson who I drafted and held onto in my deep league, and others.

There are others here with much more insight on the Patriots so I just read the opinions of those I've come to value and then try to match the info here with my own instincts and observations on players. 

We all hit and miss, but this board can really help you get a bead on available talent.

For me, White is JAG.  Lewis is eligible to come back week 7 and if he does and if he's ok then both White and Foster won't get much time.....BUT, Gronk is now out week 1 and Foster has a window early on to possibly do something.  If NE key guys are hurt, Foster could step in to a big role as long as he can leapfrog White, which I think is very possible.  Foster has some pretty good upside for minimum cost right now.  If he catches 8 balls for 100yds and a TD in week one his price goes way up.
I think Foster will end up as the Pats version of Theo Riddick and be a nice PPR RB2/3

Man gets points for prescience. Ol 60 could be filling the SSmith role from last year...

Users who are viewing this thread