What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is the one guy we're missing? (1 Viewer)

Bojang0301

Omar4Heisman
Happens every year. Someone tees off and is virtually under drafted in every league. Sometimes that player is a one week wonder, sometimes it's Anquan Boldin. I'm going with Chris Conley this year. All the measurables, starting opposite of Maclin and going against a soft Chargers D. 

This is the last chance here. Make your call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like its a WR on the Rams, 49ers, or Eagles.

I'll say Kenny Britt or Nelson Agholor (was a first round pick last year)

I'll throw Isaiah Crowell out for consideration.  Duke Johnson got all the hype in the offseason, but this is a new team, especially once Gordon returns.  I think it's a real possibility that he finishes the year as RB18 or higher.

Terrelle Pryor. 

I'll throw Isaiah Crowell out for consideration.  Duke Johnson got all the hype in the offseason, but this is a new team, especially once Gordon returns.  I think it's a real possibility that he finishes the year as RB18 or higher.
I'll go with Terrelle Pryor. He should have switched to WR coming out of college. The guy is 6' 4", 230 lbs, runs a 4.3 and can catch. He checks all the boxes and it's just a matter of RG3 getting time in the pocket. Bombs away.

I think Devante Parker eventually becomes the guy when he's healthy and gets some more games under him. Fell ridiculously low in drafts

Maybe it's just because I'm drunk and high, but I'm rolling with Kenyan Drake.  I don't really see Foster lasting all season and Ajayi seems to be sulking and falling out of favor with the coaches (healthy inactive for week 1).  This is my deep sleeper pick.  There are more obvious choices but this one is sticking out to me right now.

Eli Rogers! especially in week 1 with Weaton poss sitting.and if Eli establishes himself in this game,Big Ben will start looking his way a lot.

I don't know why and I've never been a big fan but....  Dorial Green-Beckham. Not saying this week, or next, but I have a strange feeling he's going to have a sizable role in Philly.

Kenneth Dixon.

By Halloween, he'll be the clear-cut #1 back on a Ravens team whose unnaturally low run:pass ratio from last year is bound to mean-revert.

I suspect he'll win a lot of people fantasy titles (not least because their Week 16 game is against that fearsome Steelers defense).

You ask for one, I'll give you two. With an ADP of WR59, Rishard Matthews is the guy that emerges in Tennessee. Chris Hogan, drafted as WR61, will start slow but will emerge after Brady comes back week 4. The ADP data is from fantasy pros. Those are the two that I would not be surprised make the biggest splash on rosters.

Eli Rogers

Eli Rogers! especially in week 1 with Weaton poss sitting.and if Eli establishes himself in this game,Big Ben will start looking his way a lot.
many of us aren't missing Eli.  My answer for deep leagues is Quincy Enunwa.  Coaches and other players love a guy who does the hard work and he has some leadership traits. the Jets kept him around last year despite his being suspended for domestic violence allegations, which tells me he's going to be a big part of the team going forward. 

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Coach Todd Bowles recently compared wide receiverQuincy Enunwa to Dennis Rodman because of his blue-collar mindset, meaning his affinity for blocking, running clear-out routes for his high-profile teammates and serving as a bodyguard when necessary. You might recall he recently helped diffuse the Brandon Marshall-Darrelle Revis skirmish by picking up Marshall (literally) and carrying him away.

Enunwa was just starting school when Rodman was winning NBA titles with theChicago Bulls in the 1990s, but he appreciated the compliment from his coach. A confidence-booster, he called it.

"Sometimes you're not going to be able to do all the pretty work, but I do want to do the dirty work," Enunwa said after the New York Jets' 17-13 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars on Thursday night. "I'm not always going to be able to make the plays, but I'm going to do my best."

Enunwa did some pretty work in the preseason opener, making 26- and 43-yard receptions on back-to-back plays with the starting offense. He was wide open both times, finding space behind the linebackers on deep "over" routes.

It was an early message to the rest of the league: If you focus too much on Marshall and Eric Decker, we have a third guy who can make plays.

"It's been very evident to me through the beginning of training camp that he's going to be a big part of what we do and has really improved as a receiver," quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick said. "He's so versatile and we saw that last year with everything we asked him to do. He can really develop into a big-time weapon for us."

Enunwa was a sixth-round pick in 2014, a member of the Idzik 12. He started to emerge last season, catching 22 passes for 315 yards in 12 games. He's a hybrid -- part wide receiver, part tight end. In fact, he caught 14 passes when lined up as a receiver, eight as a tight end, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

The passing attack runs through Marshall and Decker, but the Jets need a reliable No. 3 option to create balance. We know it probably won't be a tight end, so Enunwa is the most likely candidate, especially with Devin Smith (knee surgery) sidelined for the foreseeable future.

Enunwa is a tough cover because opponents don't know whether to treat him as a wide receiver or a tight end. On Bilal Powell's touchdown run Thursday, he lined up as a flexed tight end and made a block on the play.

"I can help, but we have so much talent out there," Enunwa said, downplaying a potential role as the No. 3 option. "Any way I can come in and make plays, I'd love to do. To be a 3, I'm not going to say. I'm just going to be a guy out there who's going help our team be great."

Enunwa didn't get a chance to speak with Rodman during the NBA Hall of Famer's recent visit to training camp. Always a zany character, Rodman showed up wearing green fingernails, proclaiming himself a Jets fan.

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to meet him," Enunwa said, "but it was still really cool to see him."

Smaller leagues - Coates and Wallace

In my 12 team super-flex league the undrafted guys I am keeping a very close eye on are:

WRs - Kamar Aiken, Markus Wheaton, Chris Hogan, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett & Michael Thomas

RBs - Rob Kelly, Kenyan Drake, D.J. Foster, Paul Perkins & Dwayne Washington

QBs - Colin Kaepernick & Paxton Lynch

Def - Baltimore, Jacksonville & the Giants

I'm going with Vance McDonald.

Good chemistry with Gabbert, few pass catching options on the Niners, and a lot of plays run under Chip (assuming they can sustain drives).

Jared Cook. I know it's not saying much but this will be a career year for him. TE 6-9 in 2016 with FF points coming in boom-bust spurts. Went undrafted quite a bit this summer.

Dwayne Allen
I believe Allen will be asked to block on most plays since their OL is still weak.  The Colts no longer go with a 2 TE set,  because let's face it, Jack Doyle is a marginal talent.  The Colts will play in 3 WR sets most of the time and Allen will be asked to block a LOT, thus limiting his value, even with Fleener gone.

Intrigued by this.  What has his role been vs the other GB TEs so far?
He plays for the Steelers and since Green went down James will be the starter.  Not saying he will catch a lot of balls, but he could be a good bet for the red zone, as Heath Miller used to be.

He plays for the Steelers and since Green went down James will be the starter.  Not saying he will catch a lot of balls, but he could be a good bet for the red zone, as Heath Miller used to be.
Yeah, I had a brain fart on that one.  Sorry, and thanks.

Good one...Duke was drafted ahead of Crowell in over half my leagues.  The ones he wasn't has a Browns fan in it.

Michael Floyd...with Fitz's age and Browns concussions I think he has a chance to put up huge numbers this year.

I believe Allen will be asked to block on most plays since their OL is still weak.  The Colts no longer go with a 2 TE set,  because let's face it, Jack Doyle is a marginal talent.  The Colts will play in 3 WR sets most of the time and Allen will be asked to block a LOT, thus limiting his value, even with Fleener gone.
From Espn:

Allen takes over the role Coby Fleener had last season as the pass-catching tight end for the Colts. That doesn't necessarily mean the offensive line problems are solved, but rather that Jack Doyle will be the blocking tight end. The Colts didn't give Allen a four-year, $29 million contract to be strictly a blocking tight end. His athleticism allows him to cause matchup difficulties versus opposing defenses.

From Espn:

Allen takes over the role Coby Fleener had last season as the pass-catching tight end for the Colts. That doesn't necessarily mean the offensive line problems are solved, but rather that Jack Doyle will be the blocking tight end. The Colts didn't give Allen a four-year, $29 million contract to be strictly a blocking tight end. His athleticism allows him to cause matchup difficulties versus opposing defenses.
He's a 4th option no matter how you slice it.  Yes, Doyle will block, but so will Allen.  Again, this is not the Colts of old in 2 TE sets, most of the time they will be in 3 WR sets and that will limit Allen's fantasy value.  He may have a good game or two, maybe the first game, but over the course of the season you will discover that Allen isn't a TE #1 for your fantasy team.

I think you're gonna be surprised by Allens production. May not be a yardage monster but I could see being a big red zone target.

I think you're gonna be surprised by Allens production. May not be a yardage monster but I could see being a big red zone target.
I agree with Pete. You may be right Johnny, but Pep Hamilton seems to feature his TE and Luck seems to like throwing to the TE position. I'm big on Allen this year(yes I drafted him so I have some bias here). I'm not so sure he is 4th option in the red zone though. Sunday will be fun!

I'm also all aboard dj foster. White is jag, blount seems to be slowing down. That wr/rb is also a value booster for me on yahoo. The thought of possibly starting 4 rbs....

Jermaine Kearse.

I don't think he will be fantasy relevant on his own, but he will be a thorn in the side of the Lockett hype train.  Baldwin will get his.  Kearse and Lockett will split the rest.  I think Lockett was significantly overvalued.

Jared Cook. I know it's not saying much but this will be a career year for him. TE 6-9 in 2016 with FF points coming in boom-bust spurts. Went undrafted quite a bit this summer.
This and Jesse James. These are the TEs who will be the Barnidge/Reed/Walker of the year IMO. 

Will Fuller

As a Texans fan, I was really happy with all of the offseason moves but really happy that the Texans challenged their WR corps. I'm happy to see that they learned their lesson from the Andre Johnson days and worked to find Hopkins a partner, whether it be Strong, Miller, or Fuller. I think Fuller's skill set of stretching the defense is being underlooked overall and people taking a flyer on him late in drafts will be surprised that he ends the season performing like a WR2, eating more of Hopkins' numbers than others expected.

I agree with Pete. You may be right Johnny, but Pep Hamilton seems to feature his TE and Luck seems to like throwing to the TE position. I'm big on Allen this year(yes I drafted him so I have some bias here). I'm not so sure he is 4th option in the red zone though. Sunday will be fun!

I'm also all aboard dj foster. White is jag, blount seems to be slowing down. That wr/rb is also a value booster for me on yahoo. The thought of possibly starting 4 rbs....
Pep Hamilton is no longer with the Colts

TJ Yeldon.

People are somewhat sleeping on Yeldon and or have been scared off by the signing of Ivory.  If you have time read the article I am providing. Yeldon is a very good player and had a very good rookie year. Alos, at 6'1 225 pounds he is unique as he is a gifted pass catcher which is rare.  He had 39 catches in 12 games last year. Ivory can't catch a cold and will barely play in passing situations. So although Yeldon is in a time share he should still eclipse 200 attempts rushing and add another 45-55 receptions.

http://rotoviz.com/2016/03/tj-yeldon-is-on-the-verge-of-stardom-and-chris-ivory-is-his-overpaid-backup/

Users who are viewing this thread