What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jersey Wearing Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Do I wear the jersey or no?

• Wear the Brady jersey

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Wear polo shirt / business casual shirt

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Smoo

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

bagger

Footballguy
So I am taking some clients to the Cards / Pats game tomorrow. They are huge Patriots fans as are two other executives at my firm that I am going with. I personally don't care about either team. Well a package comes in the mail this week and lo and behold it is a Tom Brady jersey that my clients were kind enough to send to me as a "thanks" for the tickets.

The issue here is obviously I am not super keen on going to a Cards game wearing an opposing jersey as NFL fans in general are pretty miserable. We are not in a box but in general seating so am expecting to be surrounded by bilgerant drunk Cards fans all night. If it was in New England I would just wear the jersey. 

I would rather just wear a polo shirt and be neutral but also don't want to disrespect the client who sent me a very nice gift as a gesture. 

Answer mine and I will answer yours.

Well you've got to wear the jersey. Seems clear enough they will be wearing theirs, so the issue of getting heckled / taunted is moot since that will be happening either with or without you. 

Really the the only question left is tucked or untucked 

I don't know about Cards, but I don't think attendees eating opposing jerseys get as much rap as they once did.  I'm sure that's dependent on location and teams (e.g. rivalries), but I think you'll be fine as long as you don't antagonize Card fans while wearing the Brady jersey.

oh and what size are you?  If you don't want the jersey afterwards, I know someone who could put it to good use....

Think you kind of have to wear the Jersey.......

did you sign for it... could you pretend it did not come in the mail yet or was the wrong size so you gave it to a kid or something?

Also, it's Arizona not Philly or Oakland. You should be ok. If you want to send a real message, go for the power move: buy  and wear a Larry Fitzgerald jersey. 

I would do it. I would never wear a falcs jersey but as long as you don't have a theological objection like that I don't see the problem. I also think AZ is a relatively decent home stadium, a place like Chicago or Philly I'd say would be much tougher. Have fun with the Pats fans.

Could always wear something else to meet them, but bring the jersey. If they are wearing jerseys then you can thank them for it as you put it on in front of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am taking some clients to the Cards / Pats game tomorrow. They are huge Patriots fans as are two other executives at my firm that I am going with. I personally don't care about either team. Well a package comes in the mail this week and lo and behold it is a Tom Brady jersey that my clients were kind enough to send to me as a "thanks" for the tickets.

The issue here is obviously I am not super keen on going to a Cards game wearing an opposing jersey as NFL fans in general are pretty miserable. We are not in a box but in general seating so am expecting to be surrounded by bilgerant drunk Cards fans all night. If it was in New England I would just wear the jersey. 

I would rather just wear a polo shirt and be neutral but also don't want to disrespect the client who sent me a very nice gift as a gesture. 

Answer mine and I will answer yours.
Did the package have any tracking?.  If no, play dumb "Package...?....What package?" 

You don't have to wear it.  Brady is suspended this week.  If they ask, tell them it wouldn't have felt right without him being on the field.

Tell them you're waiting for week 5 to wear his jersey. Or it's decorating your manroom. 

Was there any note?  Why would someone send an nfl fan of a different team a jersey of their own team?  Seems like a very weird gift to me.

Did the package have any tracking?.  If no, play dumb "Package...?....What package?" 
The other two execs got jerseys as well and I thanked the clients for them so they know I have it.

:(

maybe I will get into a car accident on the way to the game. Seems to be the shark move at this point.

Was there any note?  Why would someone send an nfl fan of a different team a jersey of their own team?  Seems like a very weird gift to me.
They know I am not a huge fan of any team but am more of a raiders fan than anything else. Which makes wearing that tuck rule #######'s jersey even worse.

wear it, tucked, with rainbow suspenders.  I am sometimes concerned about drunken fans assaulting me in the scenario, so you could wear a cards hat.  this ensemble could neutralize the crown.  but this has never been proven.

or you could be a man, suck it up, wear it and ignore hecklers like an adult might.

for me, I will be home-static watching and waiting for lunar month end.

Client #1: Hey, where's your jersey?

bagger: Oh, I don't wear the jersey.

Client #2: Oh, you don't wear the jersey?

bagger: Yeah, I'm against Arizona. I mean, I'm here, aren't I? I just don't wear the jersey.

Client #3: Who do you think you are?

Client #1: Put the jersey on!

Client #2: Hey, Cedric! Bob! This guy won't wear a jersey!

Client #4: Who? Who does not want to wear the jersey?

Have it framed and hag it up in your office whenever they are coming bye.  If they ask about it at the game tell them it is at the framers getting done.  Thank them.

One more vote for bring the jersey, and if they are wearing Pats gear put it on, potentially over a neutral polo if you must.

Put it on your kid (if you have one) and take a pic of him/her on the couch ready to watch the game.  Show that to them.  Win/win.

if no kid, find one.

It's rich guy seating in Phoenix in 2016, not the 700 section of the Vet in the 80s. I think you'll survive. Though, I wouldn't wear it.

It tops the list of "things you shouldn't do if you want adults to take you seriously".
You know that adults are the reason he has the jersey in the first place, right? If you can't wear a jersey to a game, when can you? I think it's a joke when I see jerseys littering the Sunday bar scene, but at a game? Who cares?

You know that adults are the reason he has the jersey in the first place, right? If you can't wear a jersey to a game, when can you? I think it's a joke when I see jerseys littering the Sunday bar scene, but at a game? Who cares?
Why would you, as a man, wear another man's jersey?

You want to be like him?  Think he is hot?  Help me out here.  The thought process.. walk me through it.

Why would you, as a man, wear another man's jersey?

You want to be like him?  Think he is hot?  Help me out here.
I wouldn't, actually. Wouldn't spend the money, think its relatively childish yadda yadda... But I kinda view them as acceptable game attire. 

Users who are viewing this thread