What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 - I'm starting Eli Rogers over _____________ (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Will Fuller & Michael Thomas

(yes it's redraft, we're not here to talk about how bad I effed up my draft :lol: . )

Why does Coates get no love?
I own Coates a few places and pulling for him but even with Wheaton out I think he might be splitting snaps with hands of stone.

I'm debating starting Eli over Mike Wallace in ppr dynasty league and as crazy as this sounds, since I just took him in 6th round last night and Eli in 17th round of same draft but I'm seriously mulling over starting Eli over Delanie Walker in a FFPC premium TE league. Considering, probably will not have confidence, but I see that Titans vs Vikings game as being a huge rushing based attack for both teams, easily the least pass attempts of any game this week.

Coates is the Mike Wallace and Martavis Bryant role. Rogers in the slot is relatively new weapon for the offense.  Big Ben and Todd Haley have never had a slot receiver the caliber of Eli Rogers. I am calling it now: Eli Rogers will be the Wes Welker equivalent for the Steelers.  

Coates is the Mike Wallace and Martavis Bryant role. Rogers in the slot is relatively new weapon for the offense.  Big Ben and Todd Haley have never had a slot receiver the caliber of Eli Rogers. I am calling it now: Eli Rogers will be the Wes Welker equivalent for the Steelers.  
That's pretty bold - WW had five seasons of 100 receptions & 1K.

If Rogers hits Welkers production from his last season in Miami (67-687-1) then he'll have far exceeded expectations IMO.

Just picked him up for the bench to see what happens (dropped Rob Kelly since M. Jones seems to be okay). I'm not starting Rogers over Maclin, Jordy, and Marvin Jones. But I'm intensely curious to see how this goes.

Just picked him up for the bench to see what happens (dropped Rob Kelly since M. Jones seems to be okay). I'm not starting Rogers over Maclin, Jordy, and Marvin Jones. But I'm intensely curious to see how this goes.
This is where I am...no way I am starting him week 1 but very curious to see what he is all about and how he fits/gets used in a good offense that currently has some moving parts...

I'm in a 16-team, 3 WR league and he's still the last guy on my bench. No way I'd start him this week. But I'm definitely intrigued. 

Btw, for those slagging DHB, well, you're right that he sucks. But when Martavis was out at the beginning of last year he was the pretty clear WR2. I'm not saying he'll be useful in fantasy. But he may kill other WRs' usefulness. 

This is where I am...no way I am starting him week 1 but very curious to see what he is all about and how he fits/gets used in a good offense that currently has some moving parts...
This. 

I have him on the bench in two leagues.  Could start him over wallace in one league where i picked him up as brown insurance and not lose sleep over it, but in the other he's behind Crabtree.  

Ah screw it, starting Eli (along with brown) over wallace.

Last edited by a moderator:
DFS is a different story btw.  Starting Rogers in 2 lineups this week.  I think he has intriguing DFS upside as a cheap wr3 that gives me cap room to start other studs. 

He looked solid tonight and got some volume.  Need a keenen replacement (ugh, open wound) and am strongly considering him.  

Users who are viewing this thread