What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1pm - Chris Ivory [Q] - RB, JAC - OUT (1 Viewer)

Tempted to start him over Jennings at flex in a 0.5 PPR, but will likely hold off because RJ has a better match up. Still, I expect good things and agree he could use the opportunity to grab the job. 

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- The Jacksonville Jaguars say running back Chris Ivory has been hospitalized with a ''general medical issue'' and won't play in the team's season opener against Green Bay.

The Jaguars released a statement Sunday saying Ivory was inactive and had been admitted to a hospital. He was limited in three practices this week because of a calf injury.

''Chris Ivory is doing well and is expected to be released from the hospital in the next day or two,'' the Jaguars said. ''More info will be provided at that time.''

With Ivory out, running back T.J. Yeldon will start against the Packers and get the bulk of the work. The plan had been to have Ivory and Yeldon share carries.

Ivory ran for 1,070 yards and seven touchdowns with the New York Jets last season. He signed a five-year, $32 million contract with Jacksonville in free agency.

---

FYI Yeldon's consensus rank was 30 before this news. I'd guess this moves him up to low 20s. 

Tough call for Yeldon owners.  Probably doesn't help anyone but for those struggling with lineup decisions FWIW I'm leaving him on my bench for Ryan Matthews and Isaiah Crowell.  I may change my mind because TJ should be a 3-down player now and Crow is most likely a 2-down guy. On the flip side I could see the Cle-Phi game being close longer and while I like the Jags this year we still don't know anything about them and they could be down early limiting TJ a little bit.

I have Carlos Hyde starting, but I'm thinking about swapping.  I see the pros and cons of both.  .5 PPR.

Keeping Hyde in there for now, but I'm temped to swap in Yeldon. 

Users who are viewing this thread