What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Wonder how long it takes yahoo to take Keenan Allen off the Can't Cut List? I have him and Demaryius Thomas on my team. Not a good way to start to season. 

There is a very good chance that I will lose in one of my leagues to a guy who isn't even starting a kicker  (oh wait, he put one in) this week. Thanks Drew Brees!  :ptts:

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone with a lot of shares of Dorsett, happy to see him lead the Colts in receiving yards. 

And not feeling really good about the Lockett or Kevin White hype right now :(  

Granted I didn't watch all of the Vikings game, but it seemed like every time I saw AP run...he looked human....and dare I say it...slow. Anyone else see this? Did he hopefully have some big plays I just missed?? 

Luck throws for almost 400/4, and I get squat from Hilton.  Meanwhile going against AJ Green, Cooks, CJA, and Brees.  Gonna need a huge game out of Palmer and DWill now.

I told myself this year I am sticking to TheFootballs PPR rankings and pick accordingly. Of coarse, after numerous beers I started doing stupid shi# as always.  

Lost Allen, and lost 7/9 leagues this week despite being top 6 in scoring in all but.....

lions win!

Brown and reed score well my fan duel week will be solid.

The saints wonder why they can't win games you got a 2 Td lead and your star RB only gets 12 carries??!!! WTF you know you have a horrible defense why not feed your Rb??

The league where I lost Allen is not the one where I appear to be most screwed at WR. That would be the 16-team, 3WR league where I trotted out Watkins, John Brown and Lockett, and my backups are Boyd and Eli Rogers.  :wall:

Down 7 and have Gurley left vs Jordan Reed in a PPR.  Should have smoked my opponent but Dez & KC's defense laid eggs (2.8 pts combined!!).  I'd be cruising to 3-0 on the week if it wasn't for those two.

Mike Evans (99 rec yards) and Matt Forte (96 rushing yards) in a league with big bonuses for 100+ yard games - roughhhh.

Down 96 to 121 with DJax, DeAngleo Williams, Vance McDonald and DeAngelo Hall left, he has LA Rams def left. 

My only loss this week was becuase I got Brandin Cooksed.

Also doesn't help when Tryod, Watkins, and Cobb crap the bed....and Gronk being out.

Russel Wilson, Watkins, and Allen all on the same team. Cool start to the season when you need to do hard core roster maintenance after week one.

Edit: and to a lesser degree, Spiller turning from potential sleeper into a street clothes wearing pumpkin.

RenegadeRoy said:
Russel Wilson, Watkins, and Allen all on the same team. Cool start to the season when you need to do hard core roster maintenance after week one.

Edit: and to a lesser degree, Spiller turning from potential sleeper into a street clothes wearing pumpkin.
same, just brutal. 

RenegadeRoy said:
You mean, just like last year. ;)  

Down 7 and have Gurley left vs Jordan Reed in a PPR.  Should have smoked my opponent but Dez & KC's defense laid eggs (2.8 pts combined!!).  I'd be cruising to 3-0 on the week if it wasn't for those two.
Gurley + Dez + Chiefs D = 8 pts

Nice job finishing with lowest point total this week. :thumbup:

2nd in total points but 0-1. Also lost Keenan Allen.  Deangelo gave me hope that I might pull off a miracle but of course Hyde also had a monster game.  Did I mention that I hate fantasy football?

I squeaked out a win in my money league by 0.2 points. Thank you Big Ben and CJ Anderson!  :excited:

In the league I mentioned in my previous posts, not only did I lose, but I have the lowest point total of the week, and it isn't even close. Big Ben was good, but Lamar Miller was the only other person to get into the double digits. How bad was it? He had Drew Brees, who had more points by himself than my entire team other than Roethlisberger.  :bag:

Scored 108.6 points. 5th highest of 16 teams. Lost by 1.3 points. Had  20+ point lead with Gurley to go vs Brown and Rams D. Opponent had Ryan Matthews who scored that garbage-time TD. I started the Giants D instead of the Bills D (7 points difference). Todd Gurley. My BENCH team would have literally beat 8 other teams starting lineups (Bortles, Coleman, Hill, Jennings, Coates, Fitzgerald, Bills D).

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. 

Bragging.

My team: Drew Brees, Lamar Miller, Spencer Ware, Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Jason Witten, Marvin Jones, Mason Crosby, Broncos D. (Edelman and Ameer Abdullah on the bench.) Almost 197 points in an ESPN league. (Average score of the other eleven teams: 122.4.)

This isn't a newbie league, and Brown & Fitz were my keepers (along with Le'Veon Bell).

Team is simultaneously great and a disaster. Win big this week but Sammy and Gronk have me really really nervous.

Bragging: Not 100 percent sure, but good chance I set the league record this week. Luck, CJ, Ware, A. Brown were just part of a great week.

Grieving: Just about every year I finish first or second in total points, and miss the playoffs with a losing record. The year I did win it all I was middle of the pack in total points. 

So, even though I dominated week 1, I'm still feeling a little negative. I need to enjoy weeks like this. They're rare. 

Had a bit of luck so far.  I impulsively went over my $48 target for A.J. Green and spent $54 because he was the last top-tier WR.  Later thought I should have gotten Keenan Allen instead, who went for $39.  Couldn't be happier about it now.

Also, I paid for Bell and the D.Williams owner made a too kind offer to swap him for Justin Forsett.  I took it before he had a chance to retract.

I have Decker in 3 out of 4 leagues.  In one of them I almost substituted with Watkins to keep from too much exposure if Decker laid an egg.   I didnt like the idea of starting behind the eight ball in 3 leagues if that happened.   Thankfully I stuck with Decker and am now looking good in all 3 . 

Can't wait for suspensions / injuries to clear up.  Lineup will be Wilson, Le'veon Bell, Matt Forte, Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, Gronk.  Sitting with Flacco for Wilson, DWil for Bell and Pitta for Gronk, still should be pretty OK for this next week or two.  Won the league last year, definitely a potential back to back champ team!

Started my week with Jets D, coming off Week 1 with 7 sacks on Cincy, facing the Bills who had less than 200 yards total offense week 1.  So the Jets man up and get me a whopping.....2 points, for one interception.  Ok, slow start. 

Also my opponent this week has Forte and Decker.  Forte finishes the night with 100 yards exactly which is 5 bonus points in my league.  Thanks Todd Bowles for allowing your horse who already rushed for 3 TDs to play until the very final whistle and get those last 3-4 yards out of the end of the game.  No "thanks for your hard work, go have a breather, we'll let Powell grind the last 1:15 out of the clock for you".  Awesome...

I'm in a second league with Shady McCoy.  Slow night for him, couldn't get much yardage, finally started to break a few 8-9 yard runs out, busted a good one on the last drive for 15+, but nah, let's have Gillislee spell him in the red zone and vulture that TD at the end. 

Where's my shirt?

Can't wait for suspensions / injuries to clear up.  Lineup will be Wilson, Le'veon Bell, Matt Forte, Mike Evans, Desean Jackson, Gronk.  Sitting with Flacco for Wilson, DWil for Bell and Pitta for Gronk, still should be pretty OK for this next week or two.  Won the league last year, definitely a potential back to back champ team!
I kind of went heavy on the injury discounts this year, maybe from seeing how much injuries changed last year.  I have Le'Veon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, Tyler Eifert, Spencer Ware, Tyrell Williams (FAAB), Jay Ajayi, Martellus Bennett, and Jordy Nelson, all of whom are currently affected by their own injuries or others'.

We'll see how that plays out.

Now that it is final, I will say that I won last week 100-99.9.  And my opponent had cousins, so thank you nfl for not overturning that last int.

GB this game of skill.

Picked up Forte for $9 in an stranded $140 total bid auction league. Everyone looked past him, fracking steal of the draft!

Users who are viewing this thread