Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

772 posts in this topic

Had a 44 point lead for the championship heading into the night game, with me done and my opponent having Stafford, Jordy, and Zenner left. And won by 1 point!!! :clap:My heart stopped when that Hail Mary at the end connected (after the Stafford INT, I was picking out victory team avatars). But, barring stat correction, I just held on.

Very sweet victory. Lost in the title game last season after being #1 seed (and the previous year lost in first round of playoffs after being league high scorer). This year I was #1 seed but brought it home. I was really upset with this league for vetoing an attempted trade where I would get Antonio Brown a few weeks ago (a very fair deal where I gave up Luck and Hilton). As it turns out, if that trade went through I lose in round one. Doesn't justify the veto ... but I like to think there was some fantasy football karma going around here.

After my drafts I thought I had one team that looked like a championship favorite, and another that looked like a basic playoff team.

The "basic playoff" team actually made the playoffs and lost in the semis, and the other team actually won the title. 

It never goes the way it looks at the beginning of the season. But this year it did. Probably won't ever happen again, but I'll take the title in the bigger-payout league. And I had fun with the playoff team so it's all good.  

League play:

League 1: 350 buy in, won 850 total. +500.

League 2: 200 buy in, won 1350 total. +1150.

League 3: 200 buy in, won 0 total. -200.

1 person likes this

Won bragging rights. No stat corrections. In like Flynn and the first win for a team that's finished second three out of five years and won once. 

Rock!

:pickle:

3 people like this

I'm in one league that is head to head focused and one league that is total points focused. 

H2H League - Office Nerds - everyone pays $25 and there's a Playoff winner and a Runner Up winner.
The H2H league is small potatoes - but finished with most points overall and lost in the championship by 6 points - narrowed down to the Dez Bryant TD Pass to Jason Witten in week 16.  Not heartbreaking, but grieving slightly that I couldn't get the bragging rights.

Most Points League - is a league I've been in for 25 years and the league has been around for 28 years.  10 Teams - $200 per team, and $5 trades - so the pot gets fairly sweet. To make a long story short, I won  this one! So pumped!

Going into the final week of the season (and since it's a Most Points League - week 17 counts big!) - There were 5 teams with a legitimate shot at the title within 60 points.  The final week, I was in second, 22 points behind the #1 guy.  Going into the Sunday night game however I had a 12 point lead, I had Jordy Nelson and the other guy had Ty Montgomery.  Every time Montgomery touched the ball I held my breath, and by the final GB drive - if Montgomery scores, I lose.  Thankful Rodgers took to the air for their final TD. 

The players that carried me:

Julio Jones - WR1  1st round pick - finished #3 in WR points.

Drew Brees - QB1 2nd round pick - finished #3 in QB points.

LeSean McCoy - RB1 3rd round pick - finished #3 in RB points.

Greg Olsen - TE1 4th round pick - finished #3 in TE points.

Jordy Nelson - WR2 5th round pick - finished #4 in WR points.  (carry over)

Michael Thomas - WR3 14th round pick - finished #16 in WR points.

My RB2 position was carried by a combination of Jonathan Steward (7th rd), Isaiah Crowell (8th rd), Theo Riddick (19th rd).

Auto draft team absolutely crushed my home league. That one hurt.

League 1: Lost championship, now 0-5 all-time in championships :kicksrock: 

League 2: Lost championship, inaugural season

League 3: My first year in the office league. Missed playoffs after losing last 2 games of regular season. Division winner was 1-6 and rattled off 6 in a row to win 3-team tie-breaker.

Still ended up on the + side after a very up and down year. I'll take it considering all the injuries

Rawls and Lewis were my "brilliant" stashes for the fantasy playoffs.  Seeing them go off in the real playoffs makes me ####### crazy.  (well, not so much today for Rawls, but still).

13 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Rawls and Lewis were my "brilliant" stashes for the fantasy playoffs.  Seeing them go off in the real playoffs makes me ####### crazy.  (well, not so much today for Rawls, but still).

So true - on draft day I stashed Lewis and the week after Rawls got hurt I traded for him - so essentially had two of my roster spots spent on guys that would be useless for 8 + weeks.  Those wuoudl have been really smart moves - if I weren't in a redraft league.  

On 12/22/2016 at 0:43 PM, Shutout said:

For everyone venting, chew on this: two months from now, Michael Floyd may have a super bowl ring.  

If you ever thought there was ever any semblance of logic and skill to football and fake football, there's your proof there is not. 

My guy Larry Fitz is a HOF'er who will be sitting home watching drunk ### Michael.floyd answer media questions before the SB. 

I don't know why this bothers me so much but I feel bad for Ftz. 

Still waiting for a trade to happen in each of my dynos, put up offers and watch them sit there for a week. No team has traded at all. Have one guy that will give me an offer like Keenan Allen +1.07 for Jordan Mathews. Maybe the combine will bring some action.....

Venting:

DRAFT DAY HURRY THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!

3 people like this