Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

877 posts in this topic

Had a 44 point lead for the championship heading into the night game, with me done and my opponent having Stafford, Jordy, and Zenner left. And won by 1 point!!! :clap:My heart stopped when that Hail Mary at the end connected (after the Stafford INT, I was picking out victory team avatars). But, barring stat correction, I just held on.

Very sweet victory. Lost in the title game last season after being #1 seed (and the previous year lost in first round of playoffs after being league high scorer). This year I was #1 seed but brought it home. I was really upset with this league for vetoing an attempted trade where I would get Antonio Brown a few weeks ago (a very fair deal where I gave up Luck and Hilton). As it turns out, if that trade went through I lose in round one. Doesn't justify the veto ... but I like to think there was some fantasy football karma going around here.

After my drafts I thought I had one team that looked like a championship favorite, and another that looked like a basic playoff team.

The "basic playoff" team actually made the playoffs and lost in the semis, and the other team actually won the title. 

It never goes the way it looks at the beginning of the season. But this year it did. Probably won't ever happen again, but I'll take the title in the bigger-payout league. And I had fun with the playoff team so it's all good.  

League play:

League 1: 350 buy in, won 850 total. +500.

League 2: 200 buy in, won 1350 total. +1150.

League 3: 200 buy in, won 0 total. -200.

1 person likes this

Won bragging rights. No stat corrections. In like Flynn and the first win for a team that's finished second three out of five years and won once. 

Rock!

:pickle:

3 people like this

I'm in one league that is head to head focused and one league that is total points focused. 

H2H League - Office Nerds - everyone pays $25 and there's a Playoff winner and a Runner Up winner.
The H2H league is small potatoes - but finished with most points overall and lost in the championship by 6 points - narrowed down to the Dez Bryant TD Pass to Jason Witten in week 16.  Not heartbreaking, but grieving slightly that I couldn't get the bragging rights.

Most Points League - is a league I've been in for 25 years and the league has been around for 28 years.  10 Teams - $200 per team, and $5 trades - so the pot gets fairly sweet. To make a long story short, I won  this one! So pumped!

Going into the final week of the season (and since it's a Most Points League - week 17 counts big!) - There were 5 teams with a legitimate shot at the title within 60 points.  The final week, I was in second, 22 points behind the #1 guy.  Going into the Sunday night game however I had a 12 point lead, I had Jordy Nelson and the other guy had Ty Montgomery.  Every time Montgomery touched the ball I held my breath, and by the final GB drive - if Montgomery scores, I lose.  Thankful Rodgers took to the air for their final TD. 

The players that carried me:

Julio Jones - WR1  1st round pick - finished #3 in WR points.

Drew Brees - QB1 2nd round pick - finished #3 in QB points.

LeSean McCoy - RB1 3rd round pick - finished #3 in RB points.

Greg Olsen - TE1 4th round pick - finished #3 in TE points.

Jordy Nelson - WR2 5th round pick - finished #4 in WR points.  (carry over)

Michael Thomas - WR3 14th round pick - finished #16 in WR points.

My RB2 position was carried by a combination of Jonathan Steward (7th rd), Isaiah Crowell (8th rd), Theo Riddick (19th rd).

Auto draft team absolutely crushed my home league. That one hurt.

League 1: Lost championship, now 0-5 all-time in championships :kicksrock: 

League 2: Lost championship, inaugural season

League 3: My first year in the office league. Missed playoffs after losing last 2 games of regular season. Division winner was 1-6 and rattled off 6 in a row to win 3-team tie-breaker.

Still ended up on the + side after a very up and down year. I'll take it considering all the injuries

Rawls and Lewis were my "brilliant" stashes for the fantasy playoffs.  Seeing them go off in the real playoffs makes me ####### crazy.  (well, not so much today for Rawls, but still).

13 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Rawls and Lewis were my "brilliant" stashes for the fantasy playoffs.  Seeing them go off in the real playoffs makes me ####### crazy.  (well, not so much today for Rawls, but still).

So true - on draft day I stashed Lewis and the week after Rawls got hurt I traded for him - so essentially had two of my roster spots spent on guys that would be useless for 8 + weeks.  Those wuoudl have been really smart moves - if I weren't in a redraft league.  

On 12/22/2016 at 0:43 PM, Shutout said:

For everyone venting, chew on this: two months from now, Michael Floyd may have a super bowl ring.  

If you ever thought there was ever any semblance of logic and skill to football and fake football, there's your proof there is not. 

My guy Larry Fitz is a HOF'er who will be sitting home watching drunk ### Michael.floyd answer media questions before the SB. 

I don't know why this bothers me so much but I feel bad for Ftz. 

Still waiting for a trade to happen in each of my dynos, put up offers and watch them sit there for a week. No team has traded at all. Have one guy that will give me an offer like Keenan Allen +1.07 for Jordan Mathews. Maybe the combine will bring some action.....

Venting:

DRAFT DAY HURRY THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Venting... 

It's super annoying when my dynasty leaguemates want early first rounders in return for their older players.  If I have an early first I am probably bad, so I'm not going to buy your 30 year old with it because he will be gone before I'm good again... If I do want a 30 year old I am probably good and thus, don't have an early first. 

Edited by kittenmittens
1 person likes this

On 5/17/2017 at 11:26 AM, kittenmittens said:

Venting... 

It's super annoying when my dynasty leaguemates want early first rounders in return for their older players.  If I have an early first I am probably bad, so I'm not going to buy your 30 year old with it because he will be gone before I'm good again... If I do want a 30 year old I am probably good and thus, don't have an early first. 

Glad I don't have that problem. Ever. 😂😂

How is a posters "total reputation" figured out?

I just drew 11th pick in my "big money" league. Might as well just sell my spot for half the buyin.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, mrip541 said:

I just drew 11th pick in my "big money" league. Might as well just sell my spot for half the buyin.

I like a late pick as well if not better than the middle picks this year. Of course it depends on league structure and scoring options, but in my personal leagues, for the last few years I am consistently making the playoffs and often "go late" and move to the back when I can.

(Our leagues are start 3WRs, so going WR-WR is a positive for us as far as I am concerned)

Its a great year to go WR-RB or RB-WR in the late spots in my opinion. I might even go WR-WR if I feel like I can get 2 studs.

Sure you might have to start off with a "lesser name" at RB, but you can easily "make up ground" by getting 2 studs at WR.

Be prepared to work a little harder at RB, and be prepared to juggle them a little, and get plenty of mid-late round RBs. Injuries always happen, and a few weeks into the season you may find yourself in a far better situation than you can imagine currently.

The days of "having to have that bellcow RB" are over. It just makes it a bit easier.  Sniff out the right teams and get a LeSean McCoy (and his handcuff???) or someone like that and you should be fine.  Possibly a Jordan Howard. Isaiah Crowell should be in line for dependable production, and you can be sure he will be there when you draft.

You still have options.

Truth be told, I drew "pick 3" in my biggest league. We have the option of picking our slots, and the first 2 guys understandably selected #1-#2.

I was very close to moving straight to the back (I have no interest in EZE, regardless of suspension, that just makes it easier).  I will likely get Brown, followed by another WR in round 2, and RB of choice in round 3. I have no issue with this whatsoever.

The fact that you are here on this board posting means theres a good chance you have a bit of a leg up on the rest of your leaguemates.

Just because it wasn't your personal choice of slot doesn't mean a lot really, only that you can factor out a handful of players you can't get.

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

OK~!

So not having much to do tonight after lifting weights, I figured I would catch the Giants/Browns game.

It was a bit later, so I looked around online, and sure enough (for those that don't know) apparently the NFL is doing realtime streaming and replays on youtube.

I don't know if its going to be after every Monday night game, or every prime time game..... I have no idea, but at least for the time being they are doing replays on youtube. So those of us that can't watch the games live,nor want to, that is another outlet. (personally I stream elsewhere online, but thats often the next day before I can see those)

So anyway, the game was streamed live on youtube, and also "replayed" there as well.

I blow it up to big screen, settle in  to watch the replay, and I quickly hear the distinctive awful commentary by Jon Gruden. 

Count this as my first #####ing of the year.  I had forgotten,  just like I do every damn year , how much I can't stand trying to sit through any full game, commercials, piss poor announcing and all.   :wall:

REDZONE IS COMING!!!!

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie

Im tired of seeing every analysis on FBG spending half the content on best ball leagues. The same thing happened every time a new fad takes off, auction, IDP, etc. I've got no problem with discussing best ball, but the vast majority of players, let alone subscribers, dont play in those leagues. Why tilt so much coverage to it?

End rant.

1 person likes this

Traded away a decent pick in my contract league over the summer for 1 year of Julian Edelman as a good high-floor WR4-5. :wall: Based on ADP (drafting today), that pick would likely have netted me maybe Maclin or Tyrell Williams.  Instead, I won't be able to replace Edelman until waivers run after the draft.

Reminiscent of a few years ago when I traded for Woodhead and then he broke his leg a couple of weeks into the season.

So like I kinda screwed up in my league. I was planning on getting a decent QB in pick 72. (Cousins, Cam, Marino, Wilson.) So they all fly off the board right?  So anyways, at the end of the draft I had asked the guy that had Wilson if he'd trade him to me. Well he was just kinda dead set on offering me Wilson and Rudolf for Jimmy Graham + a WR (he wanted Wallace)/RB (I have Crowell/Hyde/Lacy/Martin) and THEN he wanted  Wallace and Crowell and offered me Dion Lewis and Wilsion and told me that Lewis was a good bye week replacement and ugh. This guy just makes me so angry.

I hope then is an acceptable rant. 

CBS fantasy website sucks. Expensive, difficult when you have problems as they are very slow getting back to you. So why are we using it? Because the other owners in my local league liked it better than MFL and yahoo. And as far as player information and available free agents I like CBS better than MFL as well but when it comes to being a commissioner MFL is much better

Latest problem I downloaded all our offline draft results and they are all on the draft results page roster grid. Problem is only about 1/2 of players transferred over the home page rosters and roster grid. 

Edited by lazyike

Rough start for me in one league. I get to now go up against Elliott and I lose Ajayi. Happy fantasy season everyone!

3 people like this

I was already facing a tough lineup choice with OBJ questionable and playing Sunday night.  All of my other WR/TE options were playing no later than 1PM on Sunday, and the WW was pretty barren of NYG/DAL/DEN/OAK players.  I was able to pick up Kittle (who's also dinged up) with a 4PM start, and Walford as a last-ditch option if I want to leave OBJ in the lineup until the last minute.  

Now I've lost the option of plugging in Parker, so if OBJ sits, I'll need TWO out of: Hogan, Kittle, VDavis and Walford :yucky:.  And Hogan plays tonight so I can't wait for more info.

No James Winston, no Mike Evans and going against Kareem Hunt.  Life is fun.  

2 people like this

On September 5, 2017 at 10:10 AM, lazyike said:

CBS fantasy website sucks. Expensive, difficult when you have problems as they are very slow getting back to you. So why are we using it? Because the other owners in my local league liked it better than MFL and yahoo. And as far as player information and available free agents I like CBS better than MFL as well but when it comes to being a commissioner MFL is much better

Latest problem I downloaded all our offline draft results and they are all on the draft results page roster grid. Problem is only about 1/2 of players transferred over the home page rosters and roster grid. 

We moved from CBS to rtsports and it's been a net positive thus far.  

Nice to start the year with a shootout....and Kelce and Cooks get none of it.

Top that with my 1st round pick Evans on bye, likely to start 0-1.

Traded Hunt for Doug Baldwin 8 days ago.  All of the reasons I liked the trade then are still valid, but none will erase the collective Nelson Muntz Haw Haw I'm sure to get at work this morning.

1 person likes this

Hunt 6.05. - my league thought it was a 2-6 week rental while Ware healed up, but my gut told me Ware was out a while. Non-contact knee injury, unstable joint, etc. 

Obv my Hunt outscored opponent's combined Brady/Santos/Hogan 60.6 - 22.1

(we have 5 pt yardage bonuses starting at 100+ APY) 

:pickle:

and now I have a new mancrush for 2017

:wub:

which is a way better start than my 2016 when my RB2 retired after 3 weeks & my RB3 broke his leg after 1. :doh: 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
2 people like this

3 hours ago, Statorama said:

Traded Hunt for Doug Baldwin 8 days ago.  All of the reasons I liked the trade then are still valid, but none will erase the collective Nelson Muntz Haw Haw I'm sure to get at work this morning.

Ha ha! 

(Sorry, couldn't resist) 

2 people like this

When I first submitted my lineup for week one, I was feeling really good about my WR's:

OBJ, M.Evans, Crabtree

Then no TB/MIA game and now looks like OBJ is either out or limited at best ...so now I'm having to start:

Crabtree, S.Watkins, T.Gabriel

Thats gonna hurt.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Bossman said:

When I first submitted my lineup for week one, I was feeling really good about my WR's:

OBJ, M.Evans, Crabtree

Then no TB/MIA game and now looks like OBJ is either out or limited at best ...so now I'm having to start:

Crabtree, S.Watkins, T.Gabriel

Thats gonna hurt.

Ouch. Brutal. Not as bad a trio as I've seen, but not exactly as good as it coulda been. 

I'm sure I'll be in here frequently. I get screwed no matter who I draft. 

4 people like this

I made 2 trades that netted me Kareem Hunt, Martellus Bennett, Duke Johnson (I have Crowell as well) and Cole Beasley. Only had to trade away DeAndre Hopkins (my WR3) and Derick Henry.

Feeling pretty good about that after Thursday.

Due to 12 busy people, and mostly me doing 4 festivals in 6 weeks, the only day we could draft was yesterday. At 6:00. Which of course meant 6:30, which meant 7 by the time the 1st pick went on the board.

and naturally though on pace to finish our brutal 27 round IDP draft at midnight, the last 7 rounds took much longer due to 11 hammered idiots all thinking they're funny and lagging. 

And then I got to stay up until 04:40 AM entering lineups, setting waivers, randomizing the schedule, & inserting players from Thursday night into everyone's lineup, because football this AM & couldn't have anything jacked up.

Naturally woke up to 2-3 things that needed to be fixed - at 09:00 AM.

so so so tired. 

But it all came together, league intact, slightly hungover and need lots of :coffee: 

9 hours ago, themitch said:

I made 2 trades that netted me Kareem Hunt, Martellus Bennett, Duke Johnson (I have Crowell as well) and Cole Beasley. Only had to trade away DeAndre Hopkins (my WR3) and Derick Henry.

Feeling pretty good about that after Thursday.

Don't understand how all you got was Hunt, Duke, Bennett, Beasley. There must be more to this? Otherwise, awful trades for you.

Edited by jeaton6

Feel like a veteran who is rusty after sitting out all of pre-season.

Horrendous lineup choices today at flex in both my main leagues.  Just horrendous....