Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

1,020 posts in this topic

Just gonna chalk this up as one of those unlucky weeks where every single player underperformed.  At least it's only week 1.    :shrug: 

On 9/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, flapgreen said:

I'm sure I'll be in here frequently. I get screwed no matter who I draft. 

I guarantee I posted the lowest score of anyone on this forum (assuming similar point structure). Carson Palmer, Leveon, Martavis Bryant, Crowder...I won't even get fifty this week. 

:wall:

Crowing -- I took Jax DST in all 3 of my leagues. 

Venting -- I played Houston over them in 1 league because I didn't want to be totally exposed on them. Will almost certainly cost me the win there. 

I know it's only week 1 but was very concerned with how my 4th and 5th rd selections of Alshon Jeffrey and Ameer Abdullah would turn out. Wasn't feeling great when I made the picks, and now I am praying today was just a product of matchups and/or game script.

Going to take a loss this week but very happy that I have added cohen and Kupp to my main dynasty team where I was already on paper the favorite for this year

Made some good calls but livid I swapped Thielen out for Decker at the last minute.

1 hour ago, BigBlue_RI said:

I know it's only week 1 but was very concerned with how my 4th and 5th rd selections of Alshon Jeffrey and Ameer Abdullah would turn out. Wasn't feeling great when I made the picks, and now I am praying today was just a product of matchups and/or game script.

I think Alshon will be ok, but I've never been high on Abdullah. Got criticized his rookie season for saying I thought he was an average talent.

I don't believe Abdullah has the skill set as a smaller RB to be real effective over the long haul. Washington has the most upside in Detroit, IMO, but still fairly raw, although, he's much improved this season. 

Abdullah could certainly prove me wrong. He has time to emerge as a young player, but I think it's looking more & more like Abdullah doesn't have the talent to be a longterm starter. The coming weeks will be telling & if he continues to struggle, it'll be interesting to see if they give Washington more PT.

Edited by Football Jones

what a :tfp:

of a day

3 people like this

That was probably one of the ugliest football and fantasy football days in a long time.  So many under performers and nondescript scoring. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shutout said:

That was probably one of the ugliest football and fantasy football days in a long time.  So many under performers and nondescript scoring. 

The NFL wonders why ratings dropped last season. Today was a prime example. Maybe more practice time in the offseason would serve these players well, like in the old days when the NFL grew to prominence as America's sport.

2 people like this

My 50 y.o. backup TE (Witten) has outsxored my TD machine starter (Eifert) 16.90-1.40, with another half yet to go. Neat hobby.

2 people like this

On 9/9/2017 at 11:44 AM, flapgreen said:

I'm sure I'll be in here frequently. I get screwed no matter who I draft. 

Told you guys. Lost Allen Robinson in my dynasty. Lost David Johnson and Woodhead in my redraft.

Played with Houston D while playing against Jags D.  Jags outscored them on ####### defensive fantasy points by 27! How in the blue hell can this happen to me every year? Either all my players get injured or obscure bull#### happens every week. 

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, NajehHejan said:

Brandon Marshall #### me 

I came here for same reason :wall:

PPR Dynasty rookie draft back in June:

2.12 Kenny Golladay

3.06 Cooper Kupp

3.12 Patrick Mahomes

SPLOOOOOGE

1 person likes this

One of my worst trades ever, was hoping to at least get something out of lacy this year but looks like I'll just have to drop him. The trade talks started in the summer of 2015 and is my main dynasty team. had done a great job drafting a rookie WR by the name of Odell Beckham Jr and reaping the rewards his rookie year. Traded gronk halfway thru the 2014 season once I figured I wasn't quite strong enough to win that year. Got fellow rookie WRs that looked very good in Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks for gronk. Also then sent a package of draft picks and secondary players for leveon.

So I was going into the 2015 season with a core of Bell, AJ Green, Odell, and Evans and was pretty deep at WR with cooks and Hopkins and some others I can't remember. So I figure I should trade some of my WR depth for another top RB since I didn't really have anyone behind Leveon. Ended up trading Hopkins (who I really liked, and was not surprised by his amazing 2015 at all thought I didn't expect it) and cooks for a top stud young RB who some were saying was the #2 dynasty RB named Eddie Lacy after his two 1,100 10+ TD seasons. Well we all know what happened after that.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Well we all know what happened after that.

He fixes the cable?

/lewbowski

You just know it's a sign of things to come when you don't have any shares of Hunt and Elliott, a hurricane makes you lose your top two picks for game 1, two of your guys are carted off,and another gets a concussion.  Yeah, it can only get better.

1 person likes this

Yep, David Johnson and Woodhead hurt on a short bench sitting next to Snead. Things might get interesting.

I'm not even talking about fantasy football in this: as a whole, that was a very flat and sloppy, uninspiring group of sports to watch. 

Now that these guys don't practice as much, you can really see on the field that they aren't prepared to give fans a quality product on the field. And I don't know of some of these teams are going to be a lot different than we expect but there were some real DoG games out there. 

I'm certain, if it weren't for the red zone and I had to sit through the commercials on top of all that, I'd not bother watching live games.  I only made it through half the giants and cowboys before I couldn't bear the same commercial 20 times over and I'm doubting I watch more than a quarter of either MNf. Game tonight unless something really compelling (like a really good, competitive game)breaks out. 

Just wanted to do my venting to take a little weight off my chest for the work week.  None of this is huge stuff but it helps clear the mind for work.

Z11 Dynasty League. We are in week 1 and I have already lost Ryan Tannehill, Spencer Ware, Allen Robinson and Eric Berry for the season.  I have almost all my IR spots burned up already. 

Z26 Dynasty League. It hurts bad enough when you have players on bye or injured enough where you know they are out. The tough ones are when you have multiple players go down in the first half of a game so you are stuck with their numbers for a partial game. Danny Woodhead, it was a nice ppr start but maybe old age is catching up with your hammy? Allen Robinson, 1 catch and then rorn acl. Lost for the season and 1 catch for 17 yards in the game.

Managed to (mostly) avoid the bloodbath of injuries week 1. 

Managed to (mostly) handcuff my RBs in both my drafts.

Managed to (mostly) pick good players who performed well, and I'm 99.9% likely to win week 1 in both of my leagues tonight. 

Vent: but now I've gotta spend $9 on #%!€%#!€%#! Kickers between both %#!€%!#! Leagues ($5 in one, $4 in the other) because I had Sturgis in both. High scoring offense, late BYE week. He was the perfect kicker.

and I already spent %#!#!#%! $5 on him in one of the leagues because I picked him up before week 1. :doh: 

Won my week on Thursday 

Yawner watching my teams pile on 

2 people like this

17 hours ago, flapgreen said:

Told you guys. Lost Allen Robinson in my dynasty. Lost David Johnson and Woodhead in my redraft.

Played with Houston D while playing against Jags D.  Jags outscored them on ####### defensive fantasy points by 27! How in the blue hell can this happen to me every year? Either all my players get injured or obscure bull#### happens every week. 

Now DJ may be out for months. Called it 

53 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Now DJ may be out for months. Called it 

I feel your pain.  Drafted DJ #2 overall in my 16 team redraft...so happy the #1 pick passed on him.  Season's over now as the waiver wire is bare can't even go after a guy like Cohen.

On one team I lost my 1st pick for most of the year and 4th for the whole year.  Still managed to win this week.

Another team loses to the high score of the week which was auto drafted.

At least I have the Rams D on all 3 of my teams, so I've got that going for me.

OK, so while its not really anything on my end....... We had the usual ups and down for week 1, and MOSTLY downs. Especially scoring. It wasn't a good action filled day of scoring, and many of the bigger stars this week just didn't quite meet their expectations.

Anyway, in my oldest league I am in now, its a 10 teamer, non PPR. Start 3WR no flex.  Maybe 5 years back, we decided to move to fractional / decimal scoring, and for the most part its been great, barring a few minor gripes.  Most of the guys were for it, although a few "die hards" hated the idea, but we eventually went to it anyway. Our main selling point, was it helps eliminate ties, and the biggie is if a guy runs for thirteen yards, you GET 1.3 points. He should rightfully beat a guy that ran for 10 yards.

Anyway, going into Monday night, we had the odd scenario of 2 teams going into Monday in a deadlock tie 83.74 - 83.74 Thats right, a dead tie down to the hundredths decimal point.

Although I have seen and heard of this before, its quite rare. We have had a number of ties over the years BEFORE we went to decimal scoring, but I have never personally been in a league where its happened.

Monday night, one team still had Hunter Henry going late, we all figured it was a no brainer. AT LEAST there would be a single catch, something, ANYTHING to break the tie.

As I watched the game, I noticed at many points Henry wasn't even on the field. (although I later learned he was in at times blocking)

Well, you know how it ends.  Hunter Henry got a zero, and for the first time in this 10 man league (since the introduction of decimals), we have a dead even TIE at 83.74 - 83.74.  :wall:

I hate to see anyone lose in this fashion, but I am almost hoping for a stat correction, so we can get this cleaned up.  Ridiculous. :no:

Bring on the stat corrections~!

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie

Lol Vinatieri cost me my matchup with his missed extra point. That is all.

I'm sure regretting my AJ green pick in my auction league. Wow the Bengals suck.

1 person likes this

Games like tonight's  TEXANS vs BENGALS serve a purpose.

I am starting to believe we are force fed this garbage during the week, so we are more happy with RED ZONE on Sundays.

Think about it, its perfect marketing.  Give the fantasy degenerates their "Thursday dose", pump it full of incessant commercials, and make them appreciate RED ZONE all the more on the weekends. Its a sure winner to get more people to ante up for RED ZONE.

I saw that stupid Hyundai "Neil Diamond" commercial AT LEAST half a dozen times, and I didn't even watch the whole game.  The commercials, TV timeouts and lack of action really is hard to stomach.

I know some of you guys are die hard fans of the game, but I just can't take it anymore.  Its hard to say this, but if they suddenly did away with RED ZONE , I question if I would EVER watch any games, and it might lead me to quit FF altogether.

TZM

Edited by TZMarkie

I missed last nights game cause I was doing some other fun stuff.  Man glad I did cause that was ####ing awful

Started Bortles over Garoppolo at QB2 :wall:

If Brandin Cooks is invisible in this type of game against his old team, then it's going to be a long season. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, TwinTurbo said:

If Brandin Cooks is invisible in this type of game against his old team, then it's going to be a long season. 

Yeah, his stat-line for my team is no more frustrating than Shady's or DeSean's, the difference is I expect those guys to get it going. No confidence in Cooks at all. Brady seems to just gel with certain guys, and Cooks doesn't seem like one of them. Ugh...

My decision to draft Graham and Olsen early in both my money drafts is biting me in the ###

holy crap I'm bad at this.

One of my teams is 2-0 despite losing DJ and Woodhead and despite me making some terrible lineup decisions this week.

Vent: 0-2 in my main dynasty with a core of Bell, Green, Odell, Evans and Keenan. 

Brag: have had crap at RB2 the last couple of years for this team but took fliers on cohen and Carson before the season started. Now should have someone decent to start

Coleman looks like the #1 WR in NO. I'm sure I could have got him 8-10 rds later than when I took Thomas.