Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

1,020 posts in this topic

Luck

Ware

Johnson

Bradford

Olsen

Cobb

all injured members or recent members of my team. 

Jimmy Graham has 0.9 points across two games in non ppr. Yes that's right. Less than a #######g point. Luckily looks like I'm pulling back to 1-1 in my main league. Was sure this was a great draft pick this season 

1 person likes this

T.E.

Tyler Eifert

No explanation required.

Up 23 points last night going into the 4th quarter.....was going against Rodgers, Freeman, and Adams. Had Ty Mont and Jordy.

All I needed was for Adams not to catch a long TD...

Or Jordy Nelson and Jordan Howard to combine for more than .7 points

Switched my defense out, cost me 7 points

Switched my kicker out, cost me 5 points.

Lost by 3.

11 hours ago, NajehHejan said:

OMG ff sucks 

This doesn't happen a lot but my gut instinct told me to put Chris Thompson in there as my flex...won me the game.

2 people like this

Welp this sucks

Wilson, Zeek, and Jordy 

highest scoring team week 1, to lowest scoring 

ugh

Every year there's one team who just picks all the right guys on paper, but it all turns to crap on the field.  Guess it's my turn this year. 

Thought I'd at least be ok because it's PPR.  Graham can't even muster ten yards rec in two weeks COMBINED?  My AJ Green/Michael Thomas start to the draft has turned into #### already.  Bilal Powell at flex, oof.  Cousins barely throwing for 150 yards. My one bright spot is Dalvin Cook, and he gets vultured at the 1 yd line.  

Where's my shirt?

Never bench your studs.

It's as old an adage as there's ever been in FFB. I heard it my first year and I seemingly forget it every year around week 2-3 due to slow starts. And it bites me every single time. 

IDP especially. Players have down weeks. I know this. So naturally after a 1 tackle performance week 1, I bench Barron and his 22 points (2 point bonus at 10 tkl) - same league, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is my DB2. Disappointed by his week 1 I added a DB, and started him. An 8 point swing there too. I should still win but it's much closer than it should have been. 

Also preseason is meaningless. I tell myself this every year too. 

In redraft I took M.Bryant in the 5th as my WR3.  But concerned about Week 1 targets & "rust", combined with being dazzled by Parker in the preseason (who I drafted as my WR4 in the 9th) I started Parker and left 18+ points on my bench. I will win this game as well, but mismanagement mistakes won't always work out this well.

...and they're both my own damn fault. 

So from here forward I'm starting the team I drafted. I will no longer try to out-think things or pay any attention to the "start em/sit em" columns. 

Lesson learned. 

Playing a team that is tanking with garbage players, while I'm competing to win now. 

Carson Palmer - 22 (woo!)
Isaiah Crowell - 3
Bilal Powell - 1
Pierre Garcon - 5
T.Y. Hilton - 9
AJ Green - 11
Charles Clay - 5

Need Odell and Theo Riddick to combine for 22 to avoid the worst loss I can imagine in this league. 

6 hours ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

This doesn't happen a lot but my gut instinct told me to put Chris Thompson in there as my flex...won me the game.

So this fall I am traveling almost every weekend with my HS kid doing college tours/games for baseball, so very little time to spend on fantasy football.  Saturday night, on a whim I picked up JJ Nelson, Chris Thompson and Theo Riddick to fill out a godawful bench.  Said what the hell, put JJ Nelson in over Shepard, Thompson in over Rishard Matthews at flex.  

Got back home last night and checked the scores - wow.  I should do less draft prep and just rely on coin flips from now on.

1 person likes this

down 34 with Ebron, Marvin and Prater left.   Get to within 1.5 points at HALFTIME.   Yup,  they get shutout the second half.   I hate this game so much 

32 team IDP dynasty PPR ...

going into last nights game with the points lead for the weekly high score prize $$$.  (not easy vs. 31 other teams).

I have my choice of A.Abdullah or Beckham to start. I start Beckham. Ended up almost a wash.

My closest competitor is back about 15 points and is starting A.Abdullah (double copy league) and DT Damon "snacks" Harrison.

Still with about a 10 point lead with 4 mins left ... 4th and 10 NYG ... incomplete pass to Beckham.

Now DET just killing clock.  Just need the game to end.

Abdullah runs right 34 yards. :shock:

Riddick runs left for 2 yards. Tackle Snacks Harrison.

2 mins left ... now just a 2 point lead. Just take a freak n knee!

Riddick runs middle (-1) yard. Tackle Snacks Harrison. ... and have some bonus points for a tackle for a loss.

I lose the top score by 3.

1 person likes this

Needed 

2 catches or 25 yards from Golliday

fun 

Edited by Wrigley

Gurley kept falling and falling in our draft. I guppied my way into thinking their must be something I wasn't aware of and passed. I've regretted it since that night. 

Had a chance to get him for Gronk after week 1 as well and passed again. Might still be ok but ugh. :wall:

Guy in my 12 team league opted to bench Gurley and Watkins because "nobody ever scores well in a Thursday night game". 

2 people like this

What a great week to start the Baltimore defense. :ptts:

Last lineup decision today: Parker over Hogan :wall:

Gonna be chasing Thielen's points all year. Took him out for Amendola once Keenum was announced the starter. Have one guy every year I'm just not in sync with... ever.

Finally start James White and he's not even part of the gameplan

Really needed a win so benched Diggs for Maclin because Bradford was out.

Hello, team loss.

Some bad lineup decisions this week. Parker is looking like worst.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, Hilts said:

Really needed a win so benched Diggs for Maclin because Bradford was out.

Hello, team loss.

Benched Diggs for......Amendola.

:X

Don't know WTF I'm thinking at times.

Will likely cost me my game based on this decision alone.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

Last lineup decision today: Parker over Hogan :wall:

Woohoo, Garbage time!

Play Cooks for two weeks and nothing in a TD heavy league (and stupidly sat Crabtree last week for Cooks and Gronk).

Sit him this week and 2 TDS and a 2 point conversion.

I hate FF

2 people like this

That Tate overturn will, most likely, be the difference in my loss. Incomprehensible that was overturned.

Mental note...only play Hunter Henry every other week.

Unless the Dallas D gets -4 or worse on Monday, my teams will have lost 5 games during the first 3 weeks by less than 5 points. 2 by less than 1 point.

Guy in our PPR league started Cohen (17 pts) and Gore (19 pts) which was respectable enough. 

The problem is his bench consists of Murray (29 pts), Howard (39 pts), and Chris Thompson (currently 36 pts).

Poor guy was already 0-2 and was worried about injuries and Thompson’s workload decreasing comments. 

1 person likes this

This game is about 96% luck.  Fantasy baseball is where it's at.

Brag: Gonna likely be 3-0 in & points leader in both my IDP & D/ST leagues.

both teams with Hunt, TyMont, Tate. One team with Cook, the other with Parker. Huge day despite crappy QB play in Semien & Wentz respectively. 

Took TEs super late, Clay, Brate both contributing in both leagues.

Knock on wood, I hope the thrill ride continues. 

Good luck to everyone in their leagues. May you all have something to brag about here next week. 

:) 

1 hour ago, oddsbodkins said:

Opponent picked up Cook 5 minutes before kickoff... :wall:

Wait what? Dalvin Cook?

How does one pick up Cook 5 mins before kickoff? 

13 hours ago, Pip's Invitation said:

Unless the Dallas D gets -4 or worse on Monday, my teams will have lost 5 games during the first 3 weeks by less than 5 points. 2 by less than 1 point.

Me, last year. I lost 4 games by 1.5 or less  .4 was the worst - I was up 3.6 and not one, but two different players each lost tackles in NFL stat adjustments, costing me 4 points - on a Thursday after the games, 15 mins before Thursday night kickoff. Changing a W to an L. 

Sometimes it's just not your year.

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

6 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Wait what? Dalvin Cook?

How does one pick up Cook 5 mins before kickoff? 

Jared.

1 person likes this

Started Ebron and Cohen over Graham and Howard due to injury concerns. Have a 10 point lead with Bailey left vs his Dak and Nelson.

Went with a gut feeling that Henry would have a monster game and that the Vikings would struggle without Bradford so I started Henry over Cook.  Not only that but I also have Murray on my team and he went off when I thought he wouldn't play much.  So many points left on my bench.