Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

877 posts in this topic

0-2 in my main 2 leagues but I feel fine. 

Start-up dynasty and I drafted and still have Kevin White, Treadwell and Perriman. Deep bench but it still hurts to hold all these guys

Regretting a draft-day decision in a contract/keeper.  I had the 17th overall rookie pick, and then the 8th pick in the veteran FA rounds.  Was looking QB/RB primarily with those picks.  Went with Goff over Wentz :bag: (Prescott went 16th) and then the best RB left in the vet rounds was Stewart  :wall:

Had I gone RB/WR instead, I could have had DeAndre Washington or Tyler Ervin, and then Derek Carr with the vet pick.

Thanks to perpetually stretched hammy man Alshon, I'm going to be trapped potentially playing 2 crappy TEs in Barnidge, and if Shon can't play Sunday, Fleener as my Monday night insurance policy.

Aaaaand now my week 2 WIN has been changed to a LOSS thanks to Sportsline updating scores apparently moments before the game kicked off tonight. My opponent's DL got 2 assisted tackles and his LB got a solo tackle and I lost by .4 points. 

On a Thursday. 

Unbelievable. 

10 team PPR league and my 2nd, 3rd and 4th picks were Keenan Allen, Jamal Charles (before injury update), and Sammy Watkins.  Still 2-0.

15 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Aaaaand now my week 2 WIN has been changed to a LOSS thanks to Sportsline updating scores apparently moments before the game kicked off tonight. My opponent's DL got 2 assisted tackles and his LB got a solo tackle and I lost by .4 points. 

On a Thursday. 

Unbelievable. 

This worked out the opposite for me. I had initially lost by two, but Eli Rogers was retroactively given a fumble to give me a one point win. I've been trying to figure out in which scenario they can go back and give someone a lost fumble, but i don't really care. :unsure:

1 person likes this

Beckham, Fitz, K. Benjamin

Felt pretty good before the start of the day.  Still a long way to go, but not liking the 1st quarter+ so far. (and I benched McCoy to flex Fitz)

Into the 3rd quarter...Benjamin does not even have a target...Fitz with one reception for 3 yards.

:X

Edited by sho nuff

Ugh I really #### the bed anticipating Mariota would have a breakout year.  Now I'm 0-3.

Start Miami's D 'cause it's the Browns!  :unsure:

Just out of curiosity, is it standard FF scoring that your D is penalized for a pick 6? 

CJ really crapped out today. Miami D is a joke. I'm 0-2 and down big thanks to my opponent starting Vikes DST and Justin Tucker. Combined 30+ pts. Just horrible luck. Looking like my first ever 0-3 start in 24 years of fantasy football.

19 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Sat Vikings D for Miami. Never again.

Did same in a 2nd league I am in. Going to lose in 2 leagues because of them.

Sat Emmanuel Sanders today after getting little from him the 1st 2 weeks.

39 minutes ago, Pipes said:

So did I. Result? 0-3. One of those years...

Freaking ready to throw the remote. Bench KC D for that vaunted Miami D at home with a rookie. Never freaking again with this streaming defense bull####!!!!!

Pretty much started every wrong player this week.My bench outscored my starters 

2 people like this

Tried to drop Eagles D to get Dolphins D earlier this week but was outbid, so decided to drop Eagles this morning to grab Chiefs D!

15 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

KC defense on my bench :wall:

Also benched Hilton for Tyrell Williams at the last minute.

Edited by heckmanm

All my teams collectively wet the bed today.

3-0

this game is easy

Just when you thought that kickers didn't matter, I started Nick Novak (0 points) over Dustin Hopkins (21.4 points) in a 24 man roster league where I was forced to draft two kickers per league rules. 

There is an interesting league structure idea for everyone... have 24 man rosters and enforce a minimum of 2 Defenses and 2 Kickers to be drafted on every team so there are even more opportunities for owners to beat themselves up over line-up decisions! :rant:

Can't make the right moves in one league. Picked up the wrong te to Play for gates.  Played the wrong wr.  Played the wrong rb.  Played the wrong def.  Ugh

It got ugly this week.  It got real ugly   :bag:

Wilson, Mathews, Woodhead, Stewart, Abdullah, Watkins, Gronk

Dead QBs: Dez, Crowell, Bennett, Decker

Who is left? Hill, Gio, Fuller, Osweiler, Wentz, Boswell

Carnage

Dropped PHI D for MIA D. Ouch, hoping they stay available due to the bye but ouch. 

Wrong lineup decisions are absolutely killing me. Sat the Vikings D (worried about Panther offense) and it's going to cost me a win. It's infuriating when I'm about to have a good 1-2 team. 

5 hours ago, BigBlue_RI said:

Did same in a 2nd league I am in. Going to lose in 2 leagues because of them.

I am steaming over this. Absolutely livid.

8 hours ago, Pipes said:

Same here. But started Parker and Marvin Jones instead. :thumbup:

Not going to complain with Jones's result. 

Also own Stafford. Onward to 1-2!  

1 person likes this

Vikings D is single-handedly winning games for me.

13 hours ago, Pipes said:

Try sitting Emmanuel and desean Jackson after playing them 1st 2 wks.  Oh and to top it off get Gronk back this wk gotta put him in right ? Also dropped Jimmy Graham for the hot free agent Devante Parker 

Edited by hotboyz

34 minutes ago, hotboyz said:

Try sitting Emmanuel and desean Jackson after playing them 1st 2 wks.  Oh and to top it off get Gronk back this wk gotta put him in right ? Also dropped Jimmy Graham for the hot free agent Devante Parker 

I sat djax for Lockett in a rtn yardage league.  Not one target

48 minutes ago, hotboyz said:

Also, sit ting djax was the right move looking at the numbers.  Nyg def has been nasty

Will likely go 1-2 this week

Zeke getting vultured 3 times sealed ine of them.

But, and not FF, all of that was secondary as my team held on for the title and I believe a $750 payday in my fantasy baseball auction league.

Heading into this week looked like a lock to be 3-0.  Projected score something like 104 to 80.  Wellllllll....then Big Ben looked pretty small, CJA disappeared, Maclin continued to disappoint, 9 of my 14 starters underperformed - and the other 5 just met expectation.  Meanwhile the opponent overperformed at 10 of 14 positions and the other 4 met expectations.  Perfect storm for an upset and wound up losing by 25 when I was favored by 24.  This game is so random.