Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Bought into the whole "ZOMG the 49ers are starting a 3rd-string UDFA rookie at QB" last night.

Picked up the OAK D and started Seth Roberts over Kittle, then watched that D go out and make the rookie look like mid-career Joe Montana. :wall:

LeVeon killed at least 3 teams.  If he had come back week 8, maybe salvage 2.  But no.  Hate losing your 1st Round pick week 1.  Like losing David Johnson last year. Doh!  

I don't know where this belongs, but I still have to pick 2 RBs and 2 WR this week on 1 team.  Looking at fantasypros, the RBs I have for those slots are ranked 14, 15, 16 and 17.  The WRs I have for those slots are ranked 29, 30, 31, 32.

Guess I'll get the dartboard out.

• Like 1

Need Dallas Defense to outscore their kicker tomorrow night, up by 3. 

In one league, After the 1:00 games I was projected to win by about 40 points.  My opponent had Kamara and M. Thomas and now I'm projected to lose by about 10 points.  In my other league I had a comfortable 25 point lead with Edelman against his J. White.  White just got 13 in the first 3 minutes of the game.   :loco: 

It’s possible I outsmarted myself starting Devante Parker over Tevin Coleman

I got high score for the year (so far) thanks to Gordon and MVS! That's $10 for high of the week and a possible $50 for season high!

Also won by 1.1 in my other league. Guy had Gostkowski and I had Adams! Hopefully no stat corrections.

Feeling good right now. 

I need 6.5 points in a PPR from Corey Davis and for some reason I'm extremely worried.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, Long Ball Larry said:

I don't know where this belongs, but I still have to pick 2 RBs and 2 WR this week on 1 team.  Looking at fantasypros, the RBs I have for those slots are ranked 14, 15, 16 and 17.  The WRs I have for those slots are ranked 29, 30, 31, 32.

Guess I'll get the dartboard out.

and now a venting post, as i actually made all the right decisions in this must-win game, but still will lose to Thomas-Kamara-Coleman unless Zeke can go for like 180 yds/3 TD.  story of this team this year.  Doing great in 2 other leagues and honestly feel like I haven't made many mistakes here, but have the most points against coming into the week and now play the highest-scoring team of the week...

Yesterday summed up how strange FF is sometimes...or shows that I just drafted good depth.

All year my team has been projected to score big point...and until the past few weeks (and even one of those weeks) feel short.  Yesterday I was projected for a low total with 4 starters on bye (OBJ, Boyd, Mack, and DJ).  And I outscoted my projections by 35 points and that was with benching skittle because of the qb situation.

Nice to have Olsen, MVS, and Ridley step up. Collins Lindsay and Baldwin do just enough...oh and yeah, helps having the Bears against J Peterman and the Bills.

Sometimes it's just not your year.

I play doubleheaders.  I went up against Mahomes, Hunt, McCaffrey, and M Thomas in one, and Brees, M Gordon, J Gordon, Kelce and Hopkins in the other.  The two highest scoring teams this week.  :wall:

• Sad 1

Played against Rodgers, Gurley & Gronk this week. I didn't expect to win and thought Gronk would be playing. However, he didn't play...Rodgers didn't have a spectacular week, neither did Gurley. However, the guy also had...

BEARS DEFENSE

Great...would've definitely won had it not been for those 2 defensive TDs. Thanks Bills! 😠

Between Byes and injuries had to pick a couple WRs off FA and got Humphries (28.9 points) and Curtis Samuel (19.8) and also started Cooper. Sometimes it is nice to be lucky.

• Like 1

FBG players Championship, co-owning it with a friend...high scorer but can’t win a week, looks like we will have another high scoring week thanks to tyreek and Chubb but a loss after our opponent got higher then usual scores from his guys. Had Tevin Coleman and O.J. Howard on the bench last week. This week it was Austin Hooper, Allen Robinson and Aaron Jones on the bench. Hopefully come playoffs we can pick the right guys.

I have only lost two games all year.  Normally, I would consider this a good season.  Except that those losses came against the 2 worst teams in my league with their best players out.  😐😐😐

• Sad 1

Played Brady over Roethlisberger. Unless there's a stat correction, I lose 141.50 to 141.55.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, fightingillini said:

Sometimes it's just not your year.

I play doubleheaders.  I went up against Mahomes, Hunt, McCaffrey, and M Thomas in one, and Brees, M Gordon, J Gordon, Kelce and Hopkins in the other.  The two highest scoring teams this week.  :wall:

Happened again this week.  Went up against Big Ben, Gurley, A Jones, and D Adams.  High scorer again.   

At least I won the other half of my doubleheader.

Not sure I have ever seen this before. Lost three games in a row by 0.2, 0.7, and 0.8 points. The even sadder part is that I had guys suffer early in-game injuries in all of them. Some years things just don't work out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8-2 in one league 1rst place.

My 2 losses, to the 5th place 5-5 team that I am beating by 262 total points in a low scoring league.  If I played him every week I would be 8-2,  the only two weeks I have played him is when he would of won.