Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

0 out of th3 kicker spot is never a good morning.  Compounded by Doyle at TE (neglected the position and have Ertz and been rorating guys while he has been hurt and on a bye )

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price

Got a win, avoiding my first ever 0-4 start.

Could The Cardinals offense suck worse?

12 minutes ago, Shutout said:

Is it too early to talk about Surviving or getting curb stomped by Julio Jones today?  Maybe it should be its own thread. 

300 yards.  I thought car was supposed to be a top defense?  Looking forward to playing winston vs them next week.  They are in a total funk.

1 hour ago, Shutout said:

Is it too early to talk about Surviving or getting curb stomped by Julio Jones today?  Maybe it should be its own thread. 

Curb stomped here. I knew it was over by 2pm when he had 170 at the half. Eff that dude.

Needed to win this week and had Siemian, Dwayne Washington, and San Diego D starting. Grand total of 10.1 points between them and 50 points needed from McKinnon and Rudolph on MNF. I'm screwed. 

Anyone else get frustrated with the luck involved regarding H2H leagues in terms of scheduling?

I'm going to have another pretty decent week of scoring over 100 points (4th straight week over 100 points) but I will fall to 1-3. Meanwhile, both of the 3-0 teams in our league won their respective matches last week scoring less than 100 points. In fact, one of them didn't even put up 90 points.

Cliffs: H2H is sometimes really lame.

RBs just seem a total coin-flip this year

8 hours ago, Shutout said:

Opposite for me. Own Julio and Reed in both my leagues. Lost them both. I'm still in shock.

9 hours ago, Shutout said:

The Julio owner in ny league lost 

I start out with Julio going for 53 and TY for 17 and I had a big lead going into the 4pm games......then this happened:

1) Brees had 3 receievers tackled at the 1 yd line, only to get sniped.

2) Gordon AND T Benjamin fumbled....minus 4 points

3) started Santos and the KC defense (PHI was on bye).....combined 0 points from both

4) Kelce scored a last play garbage time TD for my opponent.

Only up 9.1 points and my opponent has the Vikings D........it's a coinflip.

11 hours ago, Sebowski said:

Opposite for me. Own Julio and Reed in both my leagues. Lost them both. I'm still in shock.

Holy crow, dude. That's awful. 

Picked up a LB by the name of Zach Brown this week in my 12 team start 5 IDPs and he scores 45.8 points for me and holds off the other team with Demarco, Crabtree and Reed all scoring a bunch of TDs 215.1-208.3

bad news is I lost bowman for the year 

13 hours ago, ScottyDog said:

My wife is hot, my job is awesome, and I have 3 beautiful kids.  There, that is my brag.

So, just an average fbg 

Finally locked up my first win in my big money league.

Looked like I was destined for 0-4 when AJ Green crushed me for 43 points. Luckily Julio answered right back with 60.  

On 10/3/2016 at 3:14 AM, Sebowski said:

Was the rest of your lineup a bunch of vegetables?

I sure stepped on the boobie trap in my big money league- Rawls, Langford, Foster after Watkins in the second...and no trading I find out after the fact at FFPC.

Edited by fffan21

All dumb luck

4-0 in my big money, 9th in total points, should be 1-3.

3-1 in other, ####### matty ice

2-2 in other had matty ice, still lost bc Kuhn decided to intercept my fleener TD.

undefeated in biggest highly competitive league with a #### team, 2-2 in a league with guppies and stacked, Hopkins, L miller, Mccoy, Jordy

On October 2, 2016 at 9:35 PM, eoMMan said:

Anyone else get frustrated with the luck involved regarding H2H leagues in terms of scheduling?

I'm going to have another pretty decent week of scoring over 100 points (4th straight week over 100 points) but I will fall to 1-3. Meanwhile, both of the 3-0 teams in our league won their respective matches last week scoring less than 100 points. In fact, one of them didn't even put up 90 points.

Cliffs: H2H is sometimes really lame.

I call this "unfavorable sequentiality". 

13 hours ago, rugcleaner said:

All dumb luck

4-0 in my big money, 9th in total points, should be 1-3.

3-1 in other, ####### matty ice

2-2 in other had matty ice, still lost bc Kuhn decided to intercept my fleener TD.

undefeated in biggest highly competitive league with a #### team, 2-2 in a league with guppies and stacked, Hopkins, L miller, Mccoy, Jordy

"Favorable sequentiality"

Here is my crowing, as in, eating crow, after touting all offseason that Rawls was going to be great and Michael Floyd was going to tear it up, eventually changing my tune to being a josh Gordon believer, and claiming there would be a timeshare for the jets. At the quarter pole- WRONG!

I'm sure I got some stuff right as well, like Marvin jones, but geez. Watch out for my advice in the AC......

• Like 1

so far, was dead wrong on Amari Cooper.  there's still hope....

2 hours ago, joffer said:

so far, was dead wrong on Amari Cooper.  there's still hope....

I feel you, still holding out hope, he has been inches from the big one.  Rubbing salt in the wound is it is Crabtree doing it to him, I have a bad history with Crabtree :rant:

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 9:35 PM, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Thank you Ben and Antonio.

Signed,

The rest of my inept but thankful squad

Same here but sub out Ben for Julio.  They scored over 1/2 my points this week and got the W.

Finally didn't regret having Thursday guys going.  DJ and/or Fitz in 3 different leagues, and even Gabbert covering a bye week in a superflex.

:pickle:

Le'Veon Bell, Carlos Hyde, CJ Anderson, and Melvin Gordon. It's an embarrassment of riches at the position at this point in the season in my one and only redraft league, after not taking any of the lauded top few sure thing first rounders. I continue to call for steep drop-offs for both Hyde and Gordon, but I'm just going to ride this wave as long as I can..

Looking at lost seasons in both my big money leagues. My drafts have worked out comically bad. Among my misses are:

RB: AP, Doug Martin, Arian Foster

WR: OBJ, Sammy Watkins (both), Cobb, Moncrief, Josh Gordon (both), Devante Parker

TE: Barnidge, Ertz

Had high hopes after the draft, but everyone does. Then reality swoops in and takes a big dump on you.

I put a cherry on top of my haplessness by dropping Matt Ryan for his bye since I had stashed Brady and didn't want to roster 3 QBs.

Somehow, it's still fun and I still think I'll win a matchup or two. Lost one by one point and another with second highest score of the week.

Glad I dropped mariotta for Tannehill this week.  Continue to make decisions that justify my soon-to-be 0-5 record.  

I winced when I drafted Landry and so far this season he's been everything i feared he would be. I'm praying Gordon, Anderson and Eli can lift my squad to a 3rd straight win