Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

In my Franchise League, I opened the year with this lineup:

QB - Rodgers, RB - D Johnson & Elliot, WR - AJ Green,  Dez & K Allen

Beat that, I thought.  5 - 0 start but its all about to fall apart.  And my first loss will be to my brother in law!

HFS - 

A Rodgers, D Johnson, G Olsen, A Cooper, T Pryor & D Murray were 5 of my first 6 picks. FML

I'll be in dead last after today and have nowhere to turn.  Worst fantasy season I've had in 10 years.

When your opponent loses Rogers and still wins by 40....sometimes just not your week :kicksrock:

Lost Rodgers and still won my week but now have to start rivers unless I make some kind of trade.

What a down grade. Maybe someone drops a decent QB?  I doubt it though

3 hours ago, Jayrod said:

HFS - 

A Rodgers, D Johnson, G Olsen, A Cooper, T Pryor & D Murray were 5 of my first 6 picks. FML

I'll be in dead last after today and have nowhere to turn.  Worst fantasy season I've had in 10 years.

My first 6 picks:  OBJ, Zeke, Dalvin, Tate, E Sanders, Winston. All now out for a while or done. 

I give up. 

When the ASJ td is called back and you lose PTS for the "fumble" and is the reason for the L today

53 minutes ago, xenon said:

When the ASJ td is called back and you lose PTS for the "fumble" and is the reason for the L today

So much this. And Winston being outscored by DJax and Brate 31-2. FitzMagic!! :unsure:

Not me thank God, but in our 25 year old league the lowest weekly score of all times is 40 points.  There is a game this week where the score is 34.0 (Vinatieri and Murray left) to 32.5 (Walker left).  The average score in our league is 88.0 this year.  These two teams won't combine for the league average.

Meanwhile, guy I am playing will hit 100 with an average day by Logan Ryan and I scored 124.  Guy has the second highest score of the week and will lose while those other dudes combined will likely be under 80.

Lost to Rogers owner by 6+. He picked up AP and Saints D to cover byes. I was let down by M Thomas, McManus and Kamara. Now 1-5.

Lost my first game this week to a team who punted the week not wanting to drop anyone and played 3 players on bye. No one on my team showed up and he had Ingram, Fournette, McKinnon, and Tate.....

I'll finish this week again with the 4th highest score, 4th in total points on the year, keep making all the right moves (traded Rodgers away two weeks ago, drafted Cohen, etc) and I'll be 2-4. I know it usually works itself out and 8 out of 12 teams make the playoffs in my league but it's still frustrating.

18 hours ago, Topes said:

Started Michael Thomas and Coby Fleener.

Thomas got SLAYed again.   He got locked down last year by Slay too. 

Up by 10 with monecrief going against his Demarco. Haven't had much luck this year so don't feel that confident I can hold him off. If monecrief catches that TD the game is probably over and I can stop watching.

On October 15, 2017 at 5:00 PM, fred_1_15301 said:

6 weeks into the season and I have zero TDs from the RB position.  PPR league and I have James White, D Murray and Lamar Miller.  I benched Murray his 75 yd TD game.  Benched Miller his 2 TD game. White doesn't have a single TD.  About to lose to a team who has 2 guys (including her QB and WR) on bye in her starting lineup sending me to 1-5.  Unbelievable how much I hate this game

Benched Murray again this week (for the 2nd time all year).  1-5 and still without a single TD from the RB position.  You can't make this #### up.     :lmao: 

I had the high score of the week. Three straight wins, second place.

Thanks for reading. I tried to share this info with my cat this morning, but he yawned and strolled away.

• Like 1

I'm not a big blockbuster trade guy... at all. 

12team PPR - $150+$5FA - 14 year running league - Start RB/WR/FLX/FLX

Give: Brady - Tyreek - Cohen
Get: Bell - Cam

Original deal was Brady/Tyreek for Bell but he wanted to move Cam or more depth. (My QB2 is Dak and love his sched mesh with Cam) 

He lost ARod, has vapors at WR, and a bit of WR depth. 
I'm stacked at QB and WR (AJ, Crabtree, Hill, Thielen) but had vapors at RB (Cohen/Abdullah/Powell/Woodhead). 

We'll see if the league throws a #### fit.... 

• Like 1

Traded Carr while he was hurt, left Alex Smith on the bench tonight. Because Dak has a plus matchup. My (0-6) opponent only has one player going TNF - Amari Cooper.

:wall:

19 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Everything I do is wrong. Traded for kelce today and he has 2 catches. 

I am going to take that as a brag, Kelce has a TD.  At least you didn't play Crabtree like me who has 2 catches and no TD.

3 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Lovely going against Carr who's sucked all year

Same here.  1-5 for a reason 

Going against Crabtree and Carr.  1-5 and going on 1-6 with a pretty decent point total.  #### this game.  I'm done 

5 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Same here.  1-5 for a reason 

Sick. Just having one of those seasons. 4th in points, 1st in points against,  3rd in all play, going against a team starting Brandon lafell and Robert Lewis and Carr who has sucked all year drops 40 on me. 1-5 here as well. 

33 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I am going to take that as a brag, Kelce has a TD.  At least you didn't play Crabtree like me who has 2 catches and no TD.

That game winner saved the day....just an okay stat line but without that td it would have been abyssmal.  Facing the worst team in the league this week and terrible matchups all around for my team - I'll take any points I can get.

• Like 1

Bragging: played Cooper tonight after sitting him last 3 weeks. Had a feeling...

Grieving: Figures I am against Derek Carr. Score stands as 33-33 heading into the weekend. Might as well be 0-0.

Sure am glad I picked up Taylor to replace Carr last night 

Went against KC def in my big money league. In my league you lose 5 pts for giving up more than 27. Because they got no sacks or turnovers and only had a blocked kick they ended with -3.  That's a pretty nice start for me esp since I was already favored.

:thumbup:

7 hours ago, BigBlue_RI said:

Bragging: played Cooper tonight after sitting him last 3 weeks. Had a feeling...

Grieving: Figures I am against Derek Carr. Score stands as 33-33 heading into the weekend. Might as well be 0-0.

Id take my WR scoring the same as his QB every day of the week and twice on Sunday

• Like 1

What a roller coaster those final minutes were last night.  I have Crabtree and he was having a bad game for me.  Needed him to score right at the end and it was crazy seeing someone else score, then taken away, then Crabtree scoring, then taken away, then incomplete pass game over but not really, then Crabtree TD and the real final.  I'm tired just thinking about it again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Id take my WR scoring the same as his QB every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Not liking my chances of Cam Newton coming 2/3 of Carr's output. Would be nice. All depends on whether he runs again this week. I'm hearing it's not looking good for Benjamin--though that should help me with rolling out Funchess as my flex.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:39 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

What a roller coaster those final minutes were last night.  I have Crabtree and he was having a bad game for me.  Needed him to score right at the end and it was crazy seeing someone else score, then taken away, then Crabtree scoring, then taken away, then incomplete pass game over but not really, then Crabtree TD and the real final.  I'm tired just thinking about it again.

I was in the same boat with crabtree.  still am perplexed.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Jayrod said:

HFS - 

wow-sometimes the stars don't align.

Made a draft day trade of picks that ended up as my giving up Fournette and AJ Green to get Julio and CMC. Also left K Hunt on the board when I took CMC. OOOOOOOOF.:bag:

Traded my 2018 1st for Rodgers. My backups; Palmer, Newton and Huntley. Started Cam...I am losing to the lone 1-5 team.

Edited to add I also own Jordy and Adams. I hate this hobby. Been playing since 97. 

Edited by Steel Curtainrod
Youll see.

Started the Vikes D/ST. 22 points, I’m up 4, there’s literally 1 play left in a game the Ravens cannot win.

so naturally Flacco throws a %{^}!!?€#%! TD as the clock ticks 0. 

I lost 5 points and am now down. 

Still a chance to win the game, but it became that much worse on the most garbage time of all garbage time scores. :angry:  

• Like 1

Cam killed me. Now I got big hill to climb to pull the week out. Still winnable but an average me from Cam would have made things easier.

ivory was a dud today. Can't say I'm shocked if you look at his Jax track record.

• Like 1

“Squeaky wheel” 

“gonna get Martavious involved heavily”

”Steelers love him, he’s not going anywhere.”

”no fault of Bryant, wide open, Ben missing his throws.”

Sorry to yell, but EVERY EXPERT CAN PRETTY MUCH SHUSH NOW.

:wall:

My team 6-0, playing against the 12th place - lowest scoring, 1-5 team this week.  Going to need Cousins, Thompson and Ertz to outscore Mason Foster by about 30 points.  Normal leagues this would be doable - but in my league you get 1 pt per 30 yds, 1  pt per recpt, and QBs get 1 pt per 80 yds.  So I'm going to need about 4 tds between those 3 players or I take the big L.  Crazy game.

Jordy Nelson and Melvin Gordon - there was a game today.

• Like 1

I started 3 WR today in non-PPR league:

A. Thielen 4.1
D. Thomas 0.9
M. Bryant 0.5

Total: 5.5

Sometimes I wonder why I play the stupid game of fantasy football.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steeler said:

I started 3 WR today in non-PPR league:

A. Thielen 4.1
D. Thomas 0.9
M. Bryant 0.5

Total: 5.5

Sometimes I wonder why I play the stupid game of fantasy football.

Whatever you do, don’t watch the replay of DT’s loooooooong play called back on a “offensive penalty”. 

https://goo.gl/images/D8OEBz