What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

Well go figure - My crap team I projected to go about 7-6 is now going to be 8-0.  The team I thought I had a legit shot to go 13-0 or 12-1 drops to 5-3.  Russell freaking Wilson and his 43 points did me in.  In fairness if Antonio Bryant and Kareem Hunt go absolutely crazy then I could still pull it off - but chasing 30 with those two left plus Jarrad Davis versus Kelce, Tavon Wilson and Marvin Jones is not promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping to 4-4. Just no shot at overcoming a 33 pt output by the Ravens DST. Not with Amari Cooper resuming his crapfest and Cam Newton crapping the bed in a plus matchup. To rub it in, I have Fuller and Watson on the bench-- two guys I had zero consideration of playing because of the matchup.

Made a last minute switch that cost me. Also never again doing last minute switches. The good news is I still have a chance as I have CJ Anderson and need 5.5, still not confident though.

Finally made all the right moves, started Fuller, Doyle, Miller, Gordon. 

Unfortunately my opponent had Hopkins, Juju Smith, McKinnon, and Baltimore D.

Looking at 3-5. Worst season ever.

Snead.  I left JuJu and a multitude of other WR on the wire because I thought Snead would be a factor... silly me. 

bye Willie.  

Started BAL D, Fuller, JuJu - still only won by 12.xx. 5-3, third place, second in points. 

Next week I face the AB owner, and in Week 10 I face the Hunt owner. Both are contenders (latter is in first place), huge break. But really doesn't feel like I have a championship team. Bell, Cooks, Allen are OK but not dominating.

Made all the right moves in all 3 leagues.  Started Collins on Thursday night, great game from Zeke. Decent games from Howard, Gronk, and all my WRs. Graham caught 2 TDs. Defenses scored above projections.  Picked up Prater in two leagues to cover Zuerlein's bye, he kicks 5 FGs.  Scored well all around, can't complain about anyone pooping the bed except maybe Garcon & Diggs.  Good week overall for my teams.   

But ran into Watson in two leagues and Wilson in one.  0-3 for the week.  

After starting 4-0, then dropping my next 3, luck finally threw me a bone this week. Yes, I won in a week when I started Winston, Mack, Martin, Doctson, Cooks, and ASJ. Thank you Eagles DST and Mckinnon. Can't get Gurley back into this lineup quick enough! 

3-4 coming into this week...thank you Watson Hopkins and McKinnon!

In the lead 151.1 - 86.4 with only Tyreek Hill left for my opponent. I'll be able to enjoy tonight's game without worrying about my fantasy team.

Man, been carrying Garoppolo in a salary cap league since last year, and had to drop him a couple weeks back due to bye weeks. Someone else grabbed him last week.

I'm about to suffer one of the worst losses in the history of fantasy football. I came in to the night with a lead. My opponent had only KC's kicker. I have Tyreek Hill. And I'm going to lose. It doesn't get any worse than that.

Had a 34 point lead going into tonight and Instill had Hill going.  Unfortunately he had Butker and the KC defense. First loss of the year.

I lost this week and made my max number of moves (3 per week) all before all the fireworks. Among those I dropped... Funchess.

For my biggest $$$ league -

DALVIN COOK-   Not much to say here, other than I got 3.5 weeks from him. Which to be honest is more than I often get from some of my RBs. Out for the year after 3 and a half games.

ISAIAH CROWELL -  Drafted as my RB2, but I always tend to get 5-6 RBs, even though we only have 6 bench spots. My guys get hurt generally (see above).  So CJ Anderson started off decently, but after Cook went down, I had to start Crowell for a number of weeks in a row, until I got my hands on someone who I thought may be a stronger play at RB. So I hold  (then ultimately have to start him weeks 5-7) Crowell through week 7.  Finally I say enough is enough, and looking at a brutal Minny matchup, which is over in the UK to boot, I finally just chuck him on the wire.  Thats right, he has his only "solid" game of the season. Gotta love it~! This is actually my favorite type of fantasy player. People ##### about losing guys to injury, or their "out-for-the-season" nightmares, but this is a worse cancer in my opinion. Someone you stick in each and every week, and has a constant sizeable workload, yet he is an utter waste.  This is the silent killer to fantasy teams, no other way around it. Next thing you know, you look down and 4 weeks later all you have is workload, and no wins.   :D

BRANDON COOKS AND ANTONIO BROWN -  This is a start 3WR league, so I was fairly stoked to have these as my 1-2 WRs.  Not only has Cooks been brutal most weeks, have a look at how these two guys production has matched up. Look at weeks 2 and 4 in specific. Almost a guaranteed loss with these two combining as 2/3rds of my WRs those weeks.

JOHN BROWN - Loading up on RBs in my draft, I was actually happy to get Brown as my WR3. Brown gets hurt in week 1(or wasn't truly healthy from the preseason and the news breaks he may not be health for "the foreseeable future". I promptly drop his ### to the free agents.  Another bust.

CHARLES CLAY - I snagged him on the wire after week 1. I thought I might have something. I did, I got a slick 2.30 in week 2, though he did give me decent production in weeks 3 and 4, before getting hurt in week 5.   Not out for the season, but might as well be for me and my needs, now I am scrounging for a TE.

MARCUS MARIOTA -  His owners know this story.  I start him in weeks 1 and 2, and he gets me 18 and change week 1, then a mere 15 in week 2. So I wise up, snag someone off the wire and bench Mariota in week 3. (I figured, WTF, he has been pretty bad, PLUS he is IN Seattle this week, I will sit him)  Thats right, his only decent game of the year, throws 2 TDs on my bench.   So I start him the following week, where he promptly gets hurt.   Then I am forced to start some waiver wire fodder.

CJ ANDERSON -   Looked nice in weeks 1-2 , and at least had a "fair week" in week 4, through heavy workload. Starting him in weeks 3-6 and 7 has done pretty much nothing.

I doubt I need to say that most of my waiver wire snags have been  so-so at best.  The final icing on the cake is this............ through 7 weeks, I was then MOST POINTS AGAINST.    It was an absolute miracle, I was 3-4 in said league.  Last week I start Cooks, Antonio Brown, ASJ and CJ Anderson. They combine for a grand total of 20.90 fantasy points, and welcome to  3-5.

Last night my opponent snagged Tyrod Taylor off the wire to play against me, and he put up a slick 30.90, and I started ASJ, for 2 points. 

I'll be 3-6 after this week, and barring a miraculous end-of-season run that includes help from the likes of  Sterling Shepard, and  Alex Collins I will be out of the playoffs.

Oh well, at least I have solid chances in my other 3 leagues.

Well, before I even think about that, in the "strongest looking" team I have anywhere, yesterday I lose DeShaun Watson too.  :wall:

TZM

Picked up Morris to cover byes...was going to flex him and left R. Anderson in the bench.  Now have to scramble for another bye week filler.

Bored - no moves to make, lineup is locked with 4 on a bye - so I decided to take a look back. I’m second in points, clearly deeper than anyone, so how the heck did I end up losing three games to teams behind me?

If I played those 3 H2H every week, I would have gone 7-1, 6-2, & 6-2. They scored their highest or 2nd highest the week they played me.

Yeah this Watson thing really, really, really, really sucks, X1000. It's awful for him, the NFL and oh btw I stacked every team with him & Texans. Totally devastating. Pretty much had reached a moment of zen with my rosters. There goes that. 

My league has this stupid 3 add/drop rule. Thursday I spent 2 on Rod Smith (before Zeke news broke) and Bill DST. 3rd was D. Booker, all before I knew Ertz's hammy in practice. I don't carry a backup TE.

now this morning I find I'll have a big fat zero over a stupid rule. Combined 4 points over 3 roster spots thanks to the egg Buffalo laid Thursday night (I have Hauschka too) and Ertz being a surprise inactive. Oh and I have Mel Gordon on bye, starting Ameer Abdullah, I had Deshaun Watson, and now am praying Fuller somehow scores in a plus-matchup. One of my worst weeks in 25 yrs of FF, and Sunday has yet to kickoff.

My league has this stupid 3 add/drop rule. Thursday I spent 2 on Rod Smith (before Zeke news broke) and Bill DST. 3rd was D. Booker, all before I knew Ertz's hammy in practice. I don't carry a backup TE.

now this morning I find I'll have a big fat zero over a stupid rule. Combined 4 points over 3 roster spots thanks to the egg Buffalo laid Thursday night (I have Hauschka too) and Ertz being a surprise inactive. Oh and I have Mel Gordon on bye, starting Ameer Abdullah, I had Deshaun Watson, and now am praying Fuller somehow scores in a plus-matchup. One of my worst weeks in 25 yrs of FF, and Sunday has yet to kickoff.
We have the same rule in our league and I HATE it.  Every year I lobby for it to be changed - every year it is and 11--1 or 10-2 vote against it.  This week we have two teams that will not be fielding full rosters due to Ertz and Bullock scratches.  Maybe they will vote correctly next year.

We have the same rule in our league and I HATE it.  Every year I lobby for it to be changed - every year it is and 11--1 or 10-2 vote against it.  This week we have two teams that will not be fielding full rosters due to Ertz and Bullock scratches.  Maybe they will vote correctly next year.
Or you could accept the rule in place and plan accordingly.

Lost Watson this week. Picked up Jameis Winston to replace him. Could have went with Goff but picked Winston. AJ Green is ejected. I wake up and see Fournette is a healthy scratch lol. 

Needless to say my 1st place team is in trouble.  :wall:

One of my opponents apparently didn't check any news this morning and left both fournette and Ertz in his lineup.  Feels dirty, but I guess I will take it.

I've dropped the last three in a row after losing Rodgers. My starting lineup today includes AJG, Martin, Freeman, Evans, ASJ and JAX DT. I haven't really gotten much joy from this in a month. 

Yeah...Mike Evans, man.  Both my starting WRs(Evans and Corey Davis) combined for less than half of Robbie Anderson on my bench...

I don't even know why I continue to play this dumb game...lol 
Me neither. Decided to start a new league this year and we already have one dead team and, to make matters worse, the guy hasn't even paid. Trying to find a replacement but now I remember why I never wanted to be commish. Guy is in 3rd place too with a strong and healthy roster.

Why did Russell Wilson forget how to play football this week?

And what is the record for penalties for the Seahawks team? They might break it this week. 

Seriously.  This is one of my worst seasons ever.  I quit fantasy football for several years at one point and I'm considering do that again after this season.
Every week for the last 9 weeks I have spent hours and hours all week analyzing matchups, working the waiver wire, trying to pull of trades, agonizing over starts/sits, listening to podcasts.  

All so I can go into every Sunday and watch my team fall completely flat on its face.   It’s so deflating.  I hate seasons like this.  

Doug Martin going mia killed me today.  He gives me an avg game I win and slide into first place.  Losing knocks me into a tie for fourth.  Sucks

I’m sure I’m not alone here, but losing today by 3.5 points when AJ Green gets ejected with 1.6 was not the most fun thing to happen to me this season.  :wall:

Traded Ryan for Cousins two weeks ago. I stand pat and I'd have won today. Still, some things trump winning... like not having Ryan on my team anymore.

:wall:

TwinTurbo said:
Why did Russell Wilson forget how to play football this week?
Wentz/Wilson owner here.

I’ve guessed wrong every.....single...week. 

Started Wilson today, naturally. Lost in that league by 15. If I’d started Wentz, I win. 

Most weeks it hasn’t caused a loss. 3 weeks it has, including today. Gah

Today was a kick in the teeth. 7 of my 9 guys played early and most underperformed (Evans, Martin). Opponent had 6 of his 9 in the afternoon games and would have Prater tomorrow night. By halftime of the early games I knew I might be in trouble as the points weren't coming.

But opponent had a stack of Seahawks- Wilson, Baldwin, Richardson, Graham and that wasn't working out for him. Still he just needed a TD or two, which seemed inevitable. But Zeke scored a TD for me and it got later and later.

Finally with less than 2 minutes in late games I began to feel good. Was still up 19 or so and SF was marching on opponent's Arizona defense. Inside the 10 and about to take 3 points away from him by scoring a TD. Wilson to Graham for 21 yards helps opponent but it's going to be ok.

No. Arizona with the interception instead of allowing a td is a 5 point swing.

Still, Seattle has the ball at the 30 down by 2. They're going to run it a couple of times and kick the field goal. No. Wilson to Baldwin 30 yard td is 16 points for my opponent. Within a minute in real time, I went from up 18 and prepared to hold Prater off to losing without hope.

Rats. I won't be easy to get along with tomorrow.

Wentz/Wilson owner here.

I’ve guessed wrong every.....single...week. 

Started Wilson today, naturally. Lost in that league by 15. If I’d started Wentz, I win. 

Most weeks it hasn’t caused a loss. 3 weeks it has, including today. Gah
I'm sorry but Wentz would have been starting for me every week starting about a month ago

I'm sorry but Wentz would have been starting for me every week starting about a month ago
Easy to say until you see Wilson put up 50+ on your bench. Multiple times. 

Wilson was my 6th round QB1. Wentz was my 13th round bargain (IDP, so take ADP with a grain of salt). 

Week 1 I had Wilson in my lineup because I’d drafted him as my starter.  He choked balls; and Wentz went nuts on my bench.  That was one of the times I’d referred to. Mostly I was talking about the 1st month, until as you suggested a couple weeks back I decided Wentz would be my guy. 

Wentz wasn’t bad during Wilson’s BYE but he wasn’t great. Then Wilson came out and went bonkers last week on my bench, nearly costing me a W. 

Matchup-wise I thought there’d be a much better chance for a big game out of Wilson this week. The Eagles going against a struggling Denver offense with a great defense, seemed like a game the Eagles wouldn’t have to lean on Wentz to win.  The Seahawks looked like they’d finally figured something out against Denver. 

It’s a lot easier said than done. Hell, Wilson scored 33 in my format, Wentz 39. It’s not a massive difference this week, but 6 points is often enough to decide a game. 

They’ve both been good. I just guess wrong every week. That’s all. 

Easy to say until you see Wilson put up 50+ on your bench. Multiple times. 

Wilson was my 6th round QB1. Wentz was my 13th round bargain (IDP, so take ADP with a grain of salt). 

Week 1 I had Wilson in my lineup because I’d drafted him as my starter.  He choked balls; and Wentz went nuts on my bench.  That was one of the times I’d referred to. Mostly I was talking about the 1st month, until as you suggested a couple weeks back I decided Wentz would be my guy. 

Wentz wasn’t bad during Wilson’s BYE but he wasn’t great. Then Wilson came out and went bonkers last week on my bench, nearly costing me a W. 

Matchup-wise I thought there’d be a much better chance for a big game out of Wilson this week. The Eagles going against a struggling Denver offense with a great defense, seemed like a game the Eagles wouldn’t have to lean on Wentz to win.  The Seahawks looked like they’d finally figured something out against Denver. 

It’s a lot easier said than done. Hell, Wilson scored 33 in my format, Wentz 39. It’s not a massive difference this week, but 6 points is often enough to decide a game. 

They’ve both been good. I just guess wrong every week. That’s all. 
Not trying to make you feel bad.  But at this point in the season where you drafted someone doesn't mean anything.  Eagles are on fire and Wentz is leading the league in TDS.  

I will say that this week I prob would have done what you did and started Wilson at home.  What Wentz did against one of the supposed top defenses was incredible

Users who are viewing this thread