What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (3 Viewers)

Was riding high two weeks ago, in first place with my destiny in my control.  Engram, Forbath, Lions D have just been black holes of nothing. Been scoring ok with Kamara and Kirk Cousins but it looks like I'm going to get crushed this week.  Next week will likely decide if I even make the playoffs.  Crazy

The commercials between commercials - what the actual F Is the NFL thinking?

everyone blaming players taking a knee, or dilution, or a zillion other things. 

Between that and the barrage of flags there is zero game flow. 

Wanna fix the NFL? Cut out half of the commercials!  The new picture in picture of a friggin 3 second battery commercial in between plays on the field is beyond maddening. In between the punt and 1st down they did it again with the picture in picture. The worst was an injury. “This broken fibula brought to you by Miller Light”. :rolleyes:

knock off 30% of the penalties & (at least) half the commercials - make game-flow a thing again. Because last night was ridiculous. 

The commercials between commercials - what the actual F Is the NFL thinking?

everyone blaming players taking a knee, or dilution, or a zillion other things. 

Between that and the barrage of flags there is zero game flow. 

Wanna fix the NFL? Cut out half of the commercials!  The new picture in picture of a friggin 3 second battery commercial in between plays on the field is beyond maddening. In between the punt and 1st down they did it again with the picture in picture. The worst was an injury. “This broken fibula brought to you by Miller Light”. :rolleyes:

knock off 30% of the penalties & (at least) half the commercials - make game-flow a thing again. Because last night was ridiculous. 
I completely agree.  But as long as you and I and millions like us keep watching, our complaining means nothing to those making these decisions.

And it clearly isn't so bad yet that we stop watching.  When that tipping point comes I fear it will be an avalanche the NFL will have a hard time climbing back from (see NASCAR) but I also think football is still drawing enough eyeballs that we will see more and more of this invasive advertising.

How long before a revenue starved franchise takes it to the next level?  Today's game between the Jacksonville Cocacolas and the Las Vegas Ameritraders is brought to you by....

Win and in, down 43 going into the weekend, and I’m extremely confident as they’ve burned Staford, Moris, Dez,  and Perine. 

Hoping for a KC/BUF shootout(McCoy, Hunt, Hill)

good luck everyone 

14 Team Dynasty

Have 3 of top 4 receiving yards leaders... Hopkins, Thielen, and KAllen 

Have top TE in Kelce

Have Bell, DJ, Freeman at RB 

Have or had Cam, Ben, and Brees at QB... have Watson and Luck now for next year

3rd overall in scoring

and ...sitting at 3-8 due to most points scored on, played top or 2nd scoring team each week.

Ready for next year!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Benched Mixon for Collins at 12:30pm. I'm horrible at this hobby.

8-4, 4th, one game back of the 3-way tie for first. 2nd in scoring and two of the three leaders play each other. There's actually a pretty decent chance I end up with 2nd and a bye.

Two of the first place teams are losing to two and four win teams - the former beat me after starting 0-6, so 2 out of their 3 wins will come against the two highest scoring teams.

Crazy.

I say it every year but I might quit fantasy this year. I'm currently 2nd most points in the league and once again going to lose with 2nd highest score.

I say it every year but I might quit fantasy this year. I'm currently 2nd most points in the league and once again going to lose with 2nd highest score.
I say it every year as well but then I get roped back in because I love drafting so much. At least the Grey Cup is on...

On the good side, I solidified the 2 seed and a playoff bye this week. 

On the bad, I’m playing the second from last place team who owns Keenum, Keenan Allen, Mixon, and Kamara. It’s currently 236-110. 

Was 2-6 in my keeper league so decided to give up on the season and trade for a good keeper. Traded Ingram and gronk for fitz and ...

Kamara, who can be kept as a 9th rounder next year!

Since the trade I've won 3 in a row scoring the high points every week and this week I have the 2nd highest points but down 6 points with one player left. Who is safer for 6 points in half ppr? Collins or Wallace?

Was 2-6 in my keeper league so decided to give up on the season and trade for a good keeper. Traded Ingram and gronk for fitz and ...

Since the trade I've won 3 in a row scoring the high points every week and this week I have the 2nd highest points but down 6 points with one player left. Who is safer for 6 points in half ppr? Collins or Wallace?
Collins.  For Wallace to get over 6 points, you're probably going to need a TD.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Collins easily.  Congrats getting kamara. Guy is electric

Sort of in the same boat.  Was 2-6 but now will have won 4 straight (after I win this week).  Win next week and I'm in but I'll be facing the top place team.  Although quite honestly my team is better than theirs (they've been fortunate with a lower total point total but just lucky matchups).  

7-0 start...probably looking at my 5th straight loss. Hill, Morris, Gordon, Ingram all underperforming and Olsen getting hurt didn’t help.

Robby Anderson, Brady and Jags defense are  the only things keeping me close after Crowder put him ahead big Thursday.  Need Tucker to outscore the Balt defense by 5 I think.

I understand playing for the #1 pick in a keeper/dynasty league, but the worst team in my 2-QB league starts Davis Webb and no one. RBs of CJ Anderson and Theo Riddick, WR's of Jordy Nelson, Hill and JJ Nelson with Sims at flex. It's an awful team and ruined what would be an exciting week 13, where a team that will back into the playoffs on the basis of only needing about 50 points to be assured of a win. His high scorer of the week was Succop (unless Jordy gets 9 more points).

My three starting WR in my 16 team league this week are Robin Anderson, Antonio Brown and Julio.

114 points combined so far. Add in 37 for Blake Martinez and those four scored 151 out of my 236 pts

Crabtree wears a terrible gold chain while he plays football and has an awful afro. Every corner should tear off Crabtrees tacky gold chain the first play and get him thrown out of the game. The guy will go broke buying a new gold chain every week and giving the NFL his paycheck. 

STarted Vernon Davis and his 0 points over Robbie Anderson(32), Davante Adams(19), and Rex Burkhead(19).  Never again will I flex a tight end, no matter how juicy the matchup is.  That decision was the difference between winning/losing this week.

Good and bad in one league. The good - recorded the 2nd highest score ever in the league.   :pickle:

The bad - one of the 1st round picks I have blew its chance at the 1.01. All thanks to  Boswell missing that first XP and Pitt going for two on the next TD. Allowed the team to win by 0.53 points. Now I’ll have to try and pry the 1.01 away.  :rant:

Small, short-bench league with no IR spots. I picked up Olsen a couple of weeks ago, and started him over Delainie Walker this week  :sadbanana:

Lost to the Julio owner by just FIVE points :wall:

Debated picking up Kupp as a defensive block because I had a feeling my opponent was going to get him. Yep, there he was, available for me to stash but no! NO! I just had to hold onto Devontae Booker for whatever reason. Opponent does indeed scoop him up and now I'm staring at those 23 PPR points and another big fat L. Worst part is I'm still clinging onto slim playoff hopes so I get to ride this merry-go-round of misery at least another week...

Wasn't a MUST win this week, but a loss this week made next week a must win thanks to going up against both Antonio Brown and Julio Jones. Ugh.

It's not.
Oh but it is such a big part of it.

I won't complain because I've been on the other side of the coin many many times but this season has been cursed. Every one of my WW acquisitions that seem to be making a difference has gone down with injury (Chris Thompson, Will Fuller, Robert Woods, Chris Carson) and early top performers have been limping across the finish line (Alex Smith, Golden Tate). Not even going to talk about how much Dez Bryant has sucked.

Anyway, finally had a bit of luck go my way and my opponent left a ton of points on the board, so my playoff hopes are still alive. 

I hate Thursday night games.  I can't remember the last time I had a good fantasy performance,  or even average performance on Thursday night.  Cousins, Perine, and Doctson sucking ### tonight.

Cousins wasnt good for me either but it's not a death sentence just yet. I hate his matchup next week against the Bolts since his OL is back to patchwork. 

Users who are viewing this thread