Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Have the Mahomes and tyreek stack but went up against a Big Ben and juju stack, gonna be close yet but probably lose with the second highest score of the week

How many of us expected when the NFL made the change of OT from 15 minutes to 10 that it would have any impact at all?

And yet...two ties in two weeks.  Can the league get the hat trick?

One league, have Zeurlein and looks like I will hold on if Howard doesn't fumble multiple times and get minimal yards.  The other league I lost by 3 points - even an average day by Zeurlein and I win.  Damn kickers.

Brag #1: I have the best WR corps I’ve ever had in my main league paired with Todd Gurley. Evans/Hill/Thielen with Hogan as a Flex/Bye

Nrag #2: I have the best WR corps I’ve ever had in an IDP league paired with Me.Gordon. K.Allen/Diggs/Hogan

may the fantasy gods smile upon me with health & prosperity. :wub: 

I just need to vent.

Yahoo needs to get with the program and stop listing players that are free agents as still being apart of their last team. ESPN is able to do this with no problem so I don't get why Yahoo is dragging their feet. For example, Dez Bryant is still listed as a Cowboys WR and Dan Bailey is still listed as a Cowboys Kicker.

The reason I'm pissed at this is because I play in a league where the waivers reset each week inverse to your current standing. Basically the team in first place gets the last waiver claim and the team is last place has the first wavier claim etc. Not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty good at this fantasy football thing and as a result I usually end up with one of the last waiver claims.

I've pretty much accepted that I'm never going to be able to claim any of the week's "hot" players and instead I have to use my future telling wizard skills in order to try to grab a player before he becomes a hot topic. I grabbed Dez as soon as the Browns parting ways with Josh Gordon news broke. My other WRs are already pretty decent but my kicker is Vinatieri and I'm not too happy with his output this week. After the kicker massacre that happened this Sunday I would love to drop Dez in order to pick up Bailey before he signs with a team and becomes a "hot" waiver pickup that I'll likely miss out on. Especially since I have a feeling he signs with the Rams.

Both these players are not currently signed with a team. I should be able to make roster moves with them but nope Yahoo is treating them like they are still on the Cowboys and are now locked as of the kickoff of SNF. ESPN does not have these players locked and are allowing roster moves but I have Justin Tucker in my ESPN league so yea no need for Dan Bailey there. *ends rant*

• Like 1

I'm looking pretty smart for drafting Keelan Cole late at a low cost and locking him up for a while.

While the jury is still out, I'm not looking as smart for doing the same with Courtland Sutton.

Really needed AB yesterday.  My Pitt trio of Big Ben (mostly), Connor and AB was looking good, until my opponents counter with Cousins and Diggs likely getting him the win.

Slow start, streaming mediocre QBs with Wentz out & didn’t have a Plan B for Olsen (have Eifert & RSJ.) High scorer WK1 was 24 sumtin & WK2 it was 21ish.

0-2

Core:

AB, T.Y., Tate, Cook + Wentz

Other starters:

Alshon when he gets healthy, RB2 is Hyde, Eifert, Lutz, Denver.

Decent depth: Cohen, Kerryon, Geronimo, Westbrook, Mike Williams, RSJ

Bad start but feel like it’s still a decent squad, no need to panic.

Edited by BobbyLayne

We were the #2 and #3 scorers of the weekend (16 team) and my team took the lead by a half point at the very end of MNF.

• (2-7 - SEA 38 - 3:44) J.Howard right end to SEA 43 for -5 yards (F.Clark).

He went from 40 yards to 35 rushing, my team then lost by 1/2 point.

:football:

First time ever posting in here.  I led my game this past week from 4:20 into the Thursday night game (A.J. Green) to 0:14 left in the Monday night game (Dissly).  I submit that that's got to be a record.

• Like 1

I play in a 10-team redraft (couple of keepers) with some guys from work. It's an online Yahoo draft and usually we're lucky to get 7/10 actually online to draft.

One of the auto-drafters this year (from the 1-hole) ended up with Gurley, Kelce, Diggs, Sanders and Mahomes. He had a good week (fortunately not against me!)

Same thing, pulled Hyde right before kickoff.  Most likely sealed my fate with that one decision.  To be fair, if I'd known ahead of time he was going to run for two td's and total over 100 yards, I would have played him.  Dilly, Dilly! 

• Like 1

We use MFL.  Our league scores points for punt blocks. Last night my JETS DEF had the points on the board for the block and this morning I wake to see NO POINTS given for blocked punt, only for the 4 sacks .   Grrrrrrrr....

5 hours ago, acme said:

We use MFL.  Our league scores points for punt blocks. Last night my JETS DEF had the points on the board for the block and this morning I wake to see NO POINTS given for blocked punt, only for the 4 sacks .   Grrrrrrrr....

I'm in the same boat but different site. Why weren't the points given for the block?

3 hours ago, irish eyes said:

I'm in the same boat but different site. Why weren't the points given for the block?

after an extensive search (and I am not sure this is correct) this is what I found:

"Deflection: getting a hand on any punt that nets positive yardage is likely still considered a successful "punt" (although deflection likely isn't even an official stat/classification), whereas a punt that the other team impedes and the ball doesn't actually cross the line of scrimmage would be considered blocked."

--watching the video suggests this might be true as the ball did advance 3 yards past the original line of scrimmage last night.

Well, however your season's going, you're almost certainly better off than me in my big money (Yahoo250) league. Felt I had a solid draft. Here's my starting squad after the draft:

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook

WR: AJ Green, Doug Baldwin

TE: Delanie Walker

QB: Drew Brees

Last in league with fewest points and little hope. Starting Crowell and Riddick at RB this week. Even after Crowell's big night, I'm a 25-pt dog.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Skipper said:

Well, however your season's going, you're almost certainly better off than me in my big money (Yahoo250) league. Felt I had a solid draft. Here's my starting squad after the draft:

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook

WR: AJ Green, Doug Baldwin

TE: Delanie Walker

QB: Drew Brees

Last in league with fewest points and little hope. Starting Crowell and Riddick at RB this week. Even after Crowell's big night, I'm a 25-pt dog.

Looks like you are going to play the "running back roulette" game I often speak about.  I try and get at least one solid backfield combo (Like Cook Murray) in the event of a catastrophe happening like this.

Oh, I have Baldwin too. I am now calling him "roster poison". There is no cure, and you cant drop him either.... just hang on and hold on to your ###.  :wall:

I avoided Bell for several reasons, "holding out drama" was one, but I feel for his owners that couldn't snag Conner.

Work the wire, you can often salvage a playoff run. You never know.   :thumbup:  

TZM

10 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Days like this are why I hate fantasy football. Not gonna even list all my complaints. 

Do it, you'll feel better. 

8 minutes ago, krsone21 said:

Do it, you'll feel better. 

Picked up bailey, he's got 0

Going against ageless wonder ADP

My team of "studs" Coleman, Adams, Hill, Watson, Baltimore defense all are non existent. 

For the 3rd week in a row, going against a team up for the high score. 

About to be 1-2

Last week take a 0 from Zeurlein when he gets hurt just prior to game.  No problem, I pick up Dan Bailey - who scores a zero this week despite playing...against Buffalo. 

• Like 2

He'd only be my 3rd stringer anyways, but I just cut Beathard last week in my dyno after adding him from FA in the preseason. My gut was right something was gonna happen to Jimmy. :wall:

Benched Matt Ryan for the Fitzmagic forthcoming on Monday. I should still comfortably win this week, but it's my third straight week making a likely bad QB decision (Ryan week one flopped, benched in week two for Tyrod who was ok, and now Ryan goes off again).

0 for 3 on starting/benching AP and Amari this season

having Chris thompson and going up against AP and buck allen... both pre-season locks for multiple TD games :wall:

Edited by iamkoza

replay officials felt the need for the first time ever to splice two camera shots together to determine Kamara was short of the endzone in OT.... but didnt feel the need to do so on the 2nd AP TD that was 90% likely short of the endzone

1 hour ago, iamkoza said:

replay officials felt the need for the first time ever to splice two camera shots together to determine Kamara was short of the endzone in OT.... but didnt feel the need to do so on the 2nd AP TD that was 90% likely short of the endzone

And then Drew Brees decides to vulture the game-winner.     Having had Brees on three separate fantasy teams, I knew it was coming too.   

Started a rebuild last year and turned out pretty good fairly fast but not getting much luck right now. With Cook out I could have started Lindsay or John Brown at flex so naturally I figure Lindsay has a decent day and I’ll finally start him. Well that paired with drake didn’t turn out so well. Wrecked the big games from Mahomes, Barkley and Fuller and need a stat correction to overcome my current 128.7-129 loss. 

Thanks to the Eagles D, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Golden Tate, and Gronk  crapping the bed, I need an absolute shootout tonight.  Down 63 and 80 in my doubleheader, but I have Big Ben, Fitzpatrick and Conner tonight.  It's possible but unlikely.  Those 3 scored 86 for me last week.

Went into MNF up 15.

Started Fitzpatrick over Cam and Goff because I’m an idiot who got cute.

The other guy has J Evans Safety from TB.

I was down after the pick 6.

now up 1.7. 

Never again Fitz, never again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jm192 said:

Went into MNF up 15.

Started Fitzpatrick over Cam and Goff because I’m an idiot who got cute.

The other guy has J Evans Safety from TB.

I was down after the pick 6.

now up 1.7. 

Never again Fitz, never again.

now?

• Like 1

Feel like the biggest fool, got Taylor Gabriel confused with Calvin Ridley when quickly setting up bids last night. What kind of a moron spends 20% of his money on Gabriel? This idiot here. Ooops.

• Like 1

In one league I'm facing Cooks, Thielen, Gurley and Ficken. I'm down 70 heading into the weekend also.

Certain loss since I have Derrick Henry as my only "startable RB". 

I will need a massive explosion from Baker Mayfield in that league. (Long story there)

Was a good week to be going against multiple Rams players. I waited all offseason for weeks like this one.  :wall:

TZM 

• Like 1