Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

I am 3-0 facing the 0-3 Goff owner.  Hello 3-1.  The other 3-0 owner is facing an 0-3 Cousins/Thielen owner, so looks like no undefeated teams this year.

ETA - my real BEEF is that every time I have players play TNF they absolutely soil the bed, but whenever I am facing players on TNF they blow up.  Stop the madness.

Edited by Mr. Know-It-All

Two leagues

Goff/Gurley

Goff/Woods

Me/Happy

:beer:

Edited by Wrigley

On 9/26/2018 at 7:09 PM, Runnyb said:

Feel like the biggest fool, got Taylor Gabriel confused with Calvin Ridley when quickly setting up bids last night. What kind of a moron spends 20% of his money on Gabriel? This idiot here. Ooops.

At least for one week, you look like a genius 

• Like 2

Dear Drew...you picked a bad week to disappear.  I know its not all your fault, but I am going to blame you anyway.  No TDs?

Edited by spacepimp

On 9/17/2018 at 11:25 PM, BobbyLayne said:

Slow start, streaming mediocre QBs with Wentz out & didn’t have a Plan B for Olsen (have Eifert & RSJ.) High scorer WK1 was 24 sumtin & WK2 it was 21ish.

0-2

Core:

AB, T.Y., Tate, Cook + Wentz

Other starters:

Alshon when he gets healthy, RB2 is Hyde, Eifert, Lutz, Denver.

Decent depth: Cohen, Kerryon, Geronimo, Westbrook, Mike Williams, RSJ

Bad start but feel like it’s still a decent squad, no need to panic.

L L W W

2-2

All is well. My TEs suck but pretty solid squad overall. Wentz is healthy, 4 solid starting WRs with 3 decent WR backups. Could use some more juice at RB but hopefully Kerryon will start seeing more snaps/touches.

Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don’t make. 

Hilton injury came at a really bad time for me, with Robinson and Godwin both on bye already this week.  Guess I'm throwing some FA money at Chester Rogers and Rashard Higgins this week

On 9/24/2018 at 9:37 PM, belljr said:

I think I'm done. These roughing the passer penalties are ridiculous

The Richard Steel-esk early stoppage of Marshawn Lynch was the dealbreaker for me. I didn’t watch anything after that.

Was in a bit of a sweat on the DK contest last night.  If Hines breaks that ankle tackle, I didn't see anything in front of him, and I think he is gone for the TD, and I am probably $25K richer.  As it is, the TD went to Ebron, who was also on my team, and I dropped 1000 places.

But hey, I won $50.

• Like 1

This is the last time I ever draft a TE early.

Take Gronk, thinking I was going to have a huge edge at TE.....and this week I am facing the Ebron owner, and the previous week I faced the Jared Cook owner.  Both TEs careered against me.

Never again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fightingillini said:

This is the last time I ever draft a TE early.

Take Gronk, thinking I was going to have a huge edge at TE.....and this week I am facing the Ebron owner, and the previous week I faced the Jared Cook owner.  Both TEs careered against me.

Never again.

Reminds me of one of the owners in my league: he has gone against Mahomes Week 2 (326/6), Brees Week 3 (396/5), and Goff week 4 (465/5). He paid 2nd-most for a QB (Brady) at auction and has been outscored by 75 points at the position for the year.  He's off to a great start this week, but Matt Ryan owners you may be looking at a huge week if history holds :)

On 10/1/2018 at 9:19 AM, heckmanm said:

Hilton injury came at a really bad time for me, with Robinson and Godwin both on bye already this week.  Guess I'm throwing some FA money at Chester Rogers and Rashard Higgins this week

did you throw the money to rogers or did he drop that too?

• Like 1

This might be it for me.

I'm basically making a donation this year.

I barely follow my teams, set my lineups, made zero free agency moves so far and need to.

It was a run :unsure:

Edited by belljr

3 hours ago, tfreiboth said:

Starting AB and Julio today - terrible Def on both sides of the ball

First Half - Julio 0 points, AB 3.5

So dumb

now?

1 hour ago, The Man With No Name said:

Have David Moore in my lineup :thumbup:

Super deep starting rosters?

I've got him in Dynasty as a stash.  

Anyone else start Cincy D for FBG championship and get the points for the second TD and then now have them not there...could really use those 7 points

16 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Anyone else start Cincy D for FBG championship and get the points for the second TD and then now have them not there...could really use those 7 points

yes.  in the main event as well.  I was wondering about that.  I am assuming (hoping) it gets fixed.  The points are there in the game log, so I don't think it could be a scoring change this fast.  likely just an error with it.

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

yes.  in the main event as well.  I was wondering about that.  I am assuming (hoping) it gets fixed.  The points are there in the game log, so I don't think it could be a scoring change this fast.  likely just an error with it.

Back now thankfully

• Like 1

Scored second highest points of the year and lost by 2.  Opponent picked up Cincinnati D this week.  Also he had Rodgers and Ertz who cleaned up in garbage time.  Was 4-0.

Finally get to brag in this thread! High score going against the 3rd highest... made a morning trade that netted me Adams and removed Cooper from my SL. Adams 31 points, Cooper 2. Net of 29. Won by 27. Lost Breida but I'll take the W!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rick6668 said:

Scored second highest points of the year and lost by 2.  Opponent picked up Cincinnati D this week.  Also he had Rodgers and Ertz who cleaned up in garbage time.  Was 4-0.

NOTHING worse than posting a ridiculously high score only to be playing the only other team that could beat you that week. Several years ago I had this times a million.  Wound up 3rd highest scoring team out of the 12 team league with a 3-10 record.  Stupidest thing I ever saw.  One of my best teams ever in 25 + years and it wound up with my all time worst season record.

• Like 1

Injury complaints! Drafted Fournette, Alex Collins, Gio, Cohen and Burkhead in a deep roster 2qb/3rb/3wr 12 team league. Also Greg Olsen (ugh).

Started Corey Grant (immediately injured), Collins (who Baltimore seems to hate giving the ball to) and Mark Walton (who?). The waivers are always picked clean in this league. Obviously lost.

Going forward it's Cohen and Collins and Nick Chubb and whoever else I can find on the barren waiver wire. Frustrated because I passed on top QBs like Brees to get Fournette at 12.

Can't really throw in the towel yet, can't find anyone to trade Hopkins with. Should have known this season was going down the tubes when Fournette hurt his hamstring in the 1st quarter of the 1st game.

I swear it's easier when the injured player just goes on IR, can't really drop Fournette or Gio or Olsen, and my 6 slot bench is clogged with Injured guys so very little wiggle room with who I can add/drop.

Really want to implement an IR slot on our rosters next year, once the injuries start coming, you are really in a bind with space on your bench.

Following a big Thursday from Brady and White I managed to field the worst possible combination of players. Lutz will make the failure complete... 

Lost to a previously winless team mainly because I thought Miami D had a better matchup than Arizona.

(Also because Keke Coutee and Marquez Valdes-Scantling on my bench outscored Julio, Tyreek and Landry combined)

I'm currently 3-2, and the second highest scoring team in the league with 719.7 points.  The guy ahead of me has 720.1.

My Points Against?  763.5.  The second worst PA is 682.3.

Reminds me of the year I led scoring by over 100 points, finished 7-6 and only made the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

• Like 1

Facing the 5-0 guy, he has lucked into 5 wins; this week his team showed up and is destroying me.  Dude averages 80 pts per week and is somehow 5-0.  This week he is over 120.  Maybe it is not luck, maybe he is a witch.

I have the worst damn luck this year.  Against Gordon in 3 leagues.  Had a not very good team that is going to finish 2nd in scoring with a loss for the second straight week....it ran into the Ravens D