What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Between Byes and injuries had to pick a couple WRs off FA and got Humphries (28.9 points) and Curtis Samuel (19.8) and also started Cooper. Sometimes it is nice to be lucky.

FBG players Championship, co-owning it with a friend...high scorer but can’t win a week, looks like we will have another high scoring week thanks to tyreek and Chubb but a loss after our opponent got higher then usual scores from his guys. Had Tevin Coleman and O.J. Howard on the bench last week. This week it was Austin Hooper, Allen Robinson and Aaron Jones on the bench. Hopefully come playoffs we can pick the right guys.

I have only lost two games all year.  Normally, I would consider this a good season.  Except that those losses came against the 2 worst teams in my league with their best players out.  ???

Sometimes it's just not your year.

I play doubleheaders.  I went up against Mahomes, Hunt, McCaffrey, and M Thomas in one, and Brees, M Gordon, J Gordon, Kelce and Hopkins in the other.  The two highest scoring teams this week.  :wall:
Happened again this week.  Went up against Big Ben, Gurley, A Jones, and D Adams.  High scorer again.   

At least I won the other half of my doubleheader.

Not sure I have ever seen this before. Lost three games in a row by 0.2, 0.7, and 0.8 points. The even sadder part is that I had guys suffer early in-game injuries in all of them. Some years things just don't work out.

8-2 in one league 1rst place.

My 2 losses, to the 5th place 5-5 team that I am beating by 262 total points in a low scoring league.  If I played him every week I would be 8-2,  the only two weeks I have played him is when he would of won.

8-2 in my home league.

Just made 2 trades in a 12 team standard 3 keeper league, the pleyers I moved Bell(Keeper Value), P. Barber, S Watkins, A Peterson, 1st rnd pick, 3 rnd pick and got back Julio Jones, Marc Ingram, Jordan Howard, Phillip Lindsay and a 4th and 7th.  My team now looks mathcup proof and has a good playoff schudule

QB - Mahomes, Rivers, Jackson

RB - Hunt, Chubb, Ingram, Howard, Lindsay

WR - Jones, Allen, Cooks, Sutton

TE - Gronk, Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing worse than facing players from your favorite team in FF is having them put up big points but the team loses. Looking at you here, Aaron Jones.

And of course, CMC and Julio are doing next to nothing today.

And Ben Watson has had TWO 0-point games this season - both when I started him :wall:  . Landry, Amendola and Kittle all off this week so I had to hope for *something* from him :sadbanana:

Everything went wrong

• Picked up Mariota instead of Lamar Jackson
  • Started Mariota over Cousins
  • Dropped DJ Moore to pick up Jalen Richard
  • Benched TQ Smith over Sutton and Tate
  • Chargers DST went nowhere
  • Looking at dropping from #2 to #5. 
Team definitely making the playoffs but glaring holes at QB and WR will probably mean I need to get lucky come playoff time.

I don't think I have EVER had a QB score zero points. Step forward Carson Wentz in what should have been a shootout, he would have made Rex Grossman look good.

Have DeShaun Watson in 2 leagues - one league I have no backup so no excuses for starting him; but the other league I started him over Ben Roethlisberger  based on a prime matchup with Redskins - and Roeth facing a stout Jags D.  That decision looked great through about 3 quarters of the Pit/Jax game.....now it looks stupid - cost me 16 points and an almost certain loss barring a game for the ages from Tyreek Hill and Greg Zeurlein.

Started (as I have every  week he's played) Carson Wentz

0.84 points

Started Dalvin Cook (drafted as my RB1, currently RB66 in PPR)

2.00 points

Playing the #1 seed and winning by 57+ points - will end up with a 45 or so point margin after his K plays tonight

T.Y. Hilton (WR1)
AB (WR7)
Lindsay (RB3)
Kerryon (RB12)
Lutz (K3)
Houston (DST3)

After starting 0-2, solidly in third place at 7-4. 

35.5 points down (non-PPR) with Goff, Hill and Butker up against his Mahomes.  Need Hill to get a couple rushing TDs.

Guy I'm tied with in the division is down 26 with Gurley YTP. If I can't win my game it'd be nice if Gurley has a quiet night too. He's been over 26 5 times and under 5 times YTD.

So in the third round of this year's draft, I'm determined to draft a WR, and my choices are:
Mike Evans
Larry Fizgerald
Tyreek Hill
Stefon Diggs
Adam Thielen

I chose Diggs and was kicking myself all year for not taking Thielen (I was down on Evans so passed on him, and the real choice for me was Diggs or Thielen, who were basically tied on my board).  This week my opponent was the Thielen owner.  In our scoring system Diggs out scored Thielen 33.6 - 15.6.  Now I'm glad I took Diggs!

My magical season continues. I was down 13 with Cooks and Butker left but facing Gurley. No shot right? Took the lead on Cooks second last catch and now I'm 11-0!

Non-PPR league. In past years, 90 points was usually good for a win, though that's crept up a bit this year.

My opponent rode Brees, Hilton and Kirk to put up 100.63. Pretty good showing, right?

I could have started three players and left the other six spots empty, and I would have lost to him by three points. Mahomes, Hill and Barkley combined for 97 and change. Overall, I had 169.36.  I think I may have just set the league's all-time scoring record. Oh, and my team is 10-1 (only loss came in a week where I had the second highest score) and I've but wrapped up the regular season title (which wins me some money).

:pickle:

My magical season continues. I was down 13 with Cooks and Butker left but facing Gurley. No shot right? Took the lead on Cooks second last catch and now I'm 11-0!
Similar boat - down 25 heading into MNF - facing Gurley and Butker.  I had Hunt, Hill and Zeurlein.  So glad Gurley decided to take a night off heading into his bye.  Other league down 15 facing Hitchens and Brockers - and I had Hill and Zeurlein.  My god is Tyreek Hill fun to watch.

35.5 points down (non-PPR) with Goff, Hill and Butker up against his Mahomes.  Need Hill to get a couple rushing TDs.

Guy I'm tied with in the division is down 26 with Gurley YTP. If I can't win my game it'd be nice if Gurley has a quiet night too. He's been over 26 5 times and under 5 times YTD.
w00t! Thought I was dead when Mahomes got the ball back with a minute left, but I won by 4.  AND Gurley staying out of the EZ gives me a 1-game lead plus tiebreak.

Everything went wrong

• Picked up Mariota instead of Lamar Jackson
  • Started Mariota over Cousins
  • Dropped DJ Moore to pick up Jalen Richard
  • Benched TQ Smith over Sutton and Tate
  • Chargers DST went nowhere
  • Looking at dropping from #2 to #5. 
Team definitely making the playoffs but glaring holes at QB and WR will probably mean I need to get lucky come playoff time.
To add insult to injury my opponent was the #1 team and he had Mahomes and Hill. Got a 70 pt beatdown.

I had Mahomes AND Tyreek AND I lost!   Put up 178 points in standard scoring, and got beat by my brother who had Brees, Evans, Thomas, and Barkley and scored 185.  Both scores beat the previous league all-time high score.  I am the Chiefs, scoring 50+ but still losing the matchup 😡

But, it's my first loss of the year, I'm still in first and have already secured a bye 😁

Wow, that's a bad beat up top. Standard scoring, finished second in the league all-time with 161. Had Ingram, Barkley, Goff, Golladay, Rosas, IND D, Boyd, and Baldwin and Olsen. All in all, that was nice. We're a middling group, though probably playoff-bound.  

Sit Blount they said look at other options, Bears are stout against run they said, Blount has been terrible last 4 weeks they said......🤢

Good thing I locked up 1st round bye a week ago and didn't need to win this week......

I pick up Heuerman because Pitt is so bad defending the TE and what does Keenum do. Just throw everything to LaCrosse. I give up on the TE position this year. Total wasteland.

Some sort of cosmic justice....I am a first place team playing a 11th place team that has not set their lineup since Week 9 and they left Saquon Barkley and Keenan Allen on the bench, but thanks to Cousins, Lindsay and Diggs I trail by 31.5 with Watson and Hopkins remaining.  On the bright side if he had set his lineup I would have NO chance - now there is at least a chance albeit a small one.

I have had a terrible team record this year first in a long long time- hampered by injury right from the start and inconsistent performance where you have no trust in the lineup. The only real bright spot (and he did have a couple of tough weeks) was Alvin Kamara. Well this week I had one of my highest point performances (A little too late for a playoff push) and Alvin Kamara was the lowest point getter. It's been a real weird year.

1st year dynasty league. Fighting for a playoff spot and put up 264.15 points!

Start: 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 D.

Scoring: 1 PPR, 6 per pass TD, -2 per INT. No additional bonuses. 

Ryan, CMC, Barkley, Chubb, Juju, Lockett, Cooper, Gronk, Raiders, Badgley (Dak and Ebron on my bench)

I got a win and my divisional rival lost, so I've locked up first place and a first round Bye.  Yay!

Makes me not so mad that I left over 100 points on my bench (JuJu Smith-Schuster, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams, Corey Davis, Patrick Mahomes).

I got a win and my divisional rival lost, so I've locked up first place and a first round Bye.  Yay!

Makes me not so mad that I left over 100 points on my bench (JuJu Smith-Schuster, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams, Corey Davis, Patrick Mahomes).
I know Mahomes is having a phenomenal season - but he is scoring on bye week now as well?

Some sort of cosmic justice....I am a first place team playing a 11th place team that has not set their lineup since Week 9 and they left Saquon Barkley and Keenan Allen on the bench, but thanks to Cousins, Lindsay and Diggs I trail by 31.5 with Watson and Hopkins remaining.  On the bright side if he had set his lineup I would have NO chance - now there is at least a chance albeit a small one.
This feels dirty.  Won by 13.5 - but if the guy had played Barkley over McCoy and Allen over Cooks (who was on bye) I would have lost by 27.5.  Even more if he would have picked up an even replacement level LB to cover for Littleton on bye.

I lost Melvin Gordon.  Then I lost the game and a perfect season when my opponent’s HOU DST recovered Henry’s fumble with 20 seconds to go.  Lost by 0.33 points. 

Undefeated...

No more. My 11-0 run came to an abrupt end this week. Pretty sure I've never come close to starting the season with 11 wins. Anyone out there sittting at 12-0?

(Didn't help to have Tyreek, Cooks, and Kelce on a bye.) 

Keeper league (can keep 2 to 5 players), standard 12 team .5 PPR scoring.  I took over a TERRIBLE team 3 years ago (keepers at that time were D. Martin (TB) and S. Watkins (BUF) - both of those guys got hurt early that year but I eked out a respectable 500 record (drafting Zeke certainly helped!).  Last year I traded for OBJ the week before he got hurt, the Zeke suspension and Mariotta being my main QB hurt and I missed the playoffs by .4 points (same record, total points tie breaker :cry:

This year my roster is stacked except for RB2

QB: C. Wentz - he's regressing it seems which is a concern as well

RB: Zeke + A. Collins / TJ Yeldon / G. Bernard / M. Davis / R. Smith (gotta backup Zeke) / M. Brown / S. Ware   :bag:

WR: OBJ + AB (traded for him this year) 

FLEX: Sanders/Golladay

TE/D/PK: Ertz + Bears + Zuerlein 

So yeah, solid starters everywhere except RB2.  I told you all that so I could say this:  I reached out to the A. Ekeler owner (also has T. Gurley) a few weeks ago to see if we could work out a trade involving M. Brown - we went back and forth a bit but couldn't make anything happen :wall:

This team would look a lot better with A. Ekeler at RB2 than the band of slugs I currently have.  In fact, Ekeler will probably outscore all these guys combined!  :lol:  

Had the fourth pick, (perfect,) knew I would end up with an RB1.

Bell fell to me, and I couldn't have been happier. Mostly went "reliable" in the next few rounds, snagging Fitz and Baldwin. Also took a chance on Gronk (Best player available, by a wide margin,) but I already had Ertz (from the keeper which moves up 4 rds. each season, now in rd. 6.) Collins as my solid but boring RB 2, Gore, etc.

Well, that obviously didn't work out. 

Was 3-6, sitting at 10th in a 12 after wk. 9, but picked up "Gus The Bus," got lucky on scores, and now am at 7th, playing 6th: "Win and you're in."

As a three time champion in this 20-year league, making the playoffs AT ALL this season would still be the best coaching I've ever done. 

Wish me luck.

Had the fourth pick, (perfect,) knew I would end up with an RB1.

Bell fell to me, and I couldn't have been happier. Mostly went "reliable" in the next few rounds, snagging Fitz and Baldwin. Also took a chance on Gronk (Best player available, by a wide margin,) but I already had Ertz (from the keeper which moves up 4 rds. each season, now in rd. 6.) Collins as my solid but boring RB 2, Gore, etc.

Well, that obviously didn't work out. 

Was 3-6, sitting at 10th in a 12 after wk. 9, but picked up "Gus The Bus," got lucky on scores, and now am at 7th, playing 6th: "Win and you're in."

As a three time champion in this 20-year league, making the playoffs AT ALL this season would still be the best coaching I've ever done. 

Wish me luck.
I've always heard cooler heads will prevail...

I've always heard cooler heads will prevail...
Yes!

That's the reason I adopted the name, and also back in '88, we always brought a cooler to the games.

Hoping it works out this season, and if I do get my name engraved on the trophy this year, it's going to read: "NoBell Prize."

Users who are viewing this thread