Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Recommended Posts

I got a win and my divisional rival lost, so I've locked up first place and a first round Bye.  Yay!

Makes me not so mad that I left over 100 points on my bench (JuJu Smith-Schuster, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams, Corey Davis, Patrick Mahomes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, themeistersinger said:

I got a win and my divisional rival lost, so I've locked up first place and a first round Bye.  Yay!

Makes me not so mad that I left over 100 points on my bench (JuJu Smith-Schuster, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams, Corey Davis, Patrick Mahomes).

I know Mahomes is having a phenomenal season - but he is scoring on bye week now as well?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Some sort of cosmic justice....I am a first place team playing a 11th place team that has not set their lineup since Week 9 and they left Saquon Barkley and Keenan Allen on the bench, but thanks to Cousins, Lindsay and Diggs I trail by 31.5 with Watson and Hopkins remaining.  On the bright side if he had set his lineup I would have NO chance - now there is at least a chance albeit a small one.

This feels dirty.  Won by 13.5 - but if the guy had played Barkley over McCoy and Allen over Cooks (who was on bye) I would have lost by 27.5.  Even more if he would have picked up an even replacement level LB to cover for Littleton on bye.

Edited by Mr. Know-It-All

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lost Melvin Gordon.  Then I lost the game and a perfect season when my opponent’s HOU DST recovered Henry’s fumble with 20 seconds to go.  Lost by 0.33 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Undefeated...

No more. My 11-0 run came to an abrupt end this week. Pretty sure I've never come close to starting the season with 11 wins. Anyone out there sittting at 12-0?

(Didn't help to have Tyreek, Cooks, and Kelce on a bye.) 

Edited by cap'n grunge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keeper league (can keep 2 to 5 players), standard 12 team .5 PPR scoring.  I took over a TERRIBLE team 3 years ago (keepers at that time were D. Martin (TB) and S. Watkins (BUF) - both of those guys got hurt early that year but I eked out a respectable 500 record (drafting Zeke certainly helped!).  Last year I traded for OBJ the week before he got hurt, the Zeke suspension and Mariotta being my main QB hurt and I missed the playoffs by .4 points (same record, total points tie breaker :cry:

This year my roster is stacked except for RB2

QB: C. Wentz - he's regressing it seems which is a concern as well

RB: Zeke + A. Collins / TJ Yeldon / G. Bernard / M. Davis / R. Smith (gotta backup Zeke) / M. Brown / S. Ware  :bag:

WR: OBJ + AB (traded for him this year) 

FLEX: Sanders/Golladay

TE/D/PK: Ertz + Bears + Zuerlein 

 

So yeah, solid starters everywhere except RB2.  I told you all that so I could say this:  I reached out to the A. Ekeler owner (also has T. Gurley) a few weeks ago to see if we could work out a trade involving M. Brown - we went back and forth a bit but couldn't make anything happen :wall:

This team would look a lot better with A. Ekeler at RB2 than the band of slugs I currently have.  In fact, Ekeler will probably outscore all these guys combined!  :lol: 

 

 

 

Edited by Steeler
add another slug RB2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had the fourth pick, (perfect,) knew I would end up with an RB1.

Bell fell to me, and I couldn't have been happier. Mostly went "reliable" in the next few rounds, snagging Fitz and Baldwin. Also took a chance on Gronk (Best player available, by a wide margin,) but I already had Ertz (from the keeper which moves up 4 rds. each season, now in rd. 6.) Collins as my solid but boring RB 2, Gore, etc.

Well, that obviously didn't work out. 

Was 3-6, sitting at 10th in a 12 after wk. 9, but picked up "Gus The Bus," got lucky on scores, and now am at 7th, playing 6th: "Win and you're in."

As a three time champion in this 20-year league, making the playoffs AT ALL this season would still be the best coaching I've ever done. 

Wish me luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coolerheads said:

Had the fourth pick, (perfect,) knew I would end up with an RB1.

Bell fell to me, and I couldn't have been happier. Mostly went "reliable" in the next few rounds, snagging Fitz and Baldwin. Also took a chance on Gronk (Best player available, by a wide margin,) but I already had Ertz (from the keeper which moves up 4 rds. each season, now in rd. 6.) Collins as my solid but boring RB 2, Gore, etc.

Well, that obviously didn't work out. 

Was 3-6, sitting at 10th in a 12 after wk. 9, but picked up "Gus The Bus," got lucky on scores, and now am at 7th, playing 6th: "Win and you're in."

As a three time champion in this 20-year league, making the playoffs AT ALL this season would still be the best coaching I've ever done. 

Wish me luck.

I've always heard cooler heads will prevail...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

I know Mahomes is having a phenomenal season - but he is scoring on bye week now as well?

No, those are just the five guys on my bench - got 110.1 from those four active guys, which would have outscored 5 of the 12 teams in our league this week, starting 9 guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DropKick said:

I've always heard cooler heads will prevail...

Yes!

That's the reason I adopted the name, and also back in '88, we always brought a cooler to the games.

Hoping it works out this season, and if I do get my name engraved on the trophy this year, it's going to read: "NoBell Prize."

 

 

Edited by Coolerheads

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prolly gonna make the playoffs for the sixth or seventh straight year in my main leeg. Just want to crow a bit, maybe have to grieve if things don't go well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 9:38 PM, themeistersinger said:

I got a win and my divisional rival lost, so I've locked up first place and a first round Bye.  Yay!

Makes me not so mad that I left over 100 points on my bench (JuJu Smith-Schuster, Austin Ekeler, Josh Adams, Corey Davis, Patrick Mahomes).

How ungodly stacked is your WR group that you have Juju on the bench? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been screwed for 3 straight years in one money league. Finally gonna make Playoffs this year and maybe a bye. Making playoffs in a new league I joined this year, too. Boom! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Thomas kamara pairing outscored by my opponent's Elliot... Two weeks in a row I basically lost already because of kamara and Thomas having down games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a loaded team going in my 16-team contract league, with Ryan/Goff, CMC/Gordon, Julio/Tyreek and Kittle. 

Then I got a little cocky and started trying to set myself up for 2019 as well: I traded Lindsay away for Hunter Henry.  And then I traded away Peyton Barber for the Minny defense for my playoff run.  Because I can't start a 3rd RB and what were the odds I'd start anyone but CMC/Gordon?

:wall:So now I have to roll with Gore or Jalen Richard, or start a WR/TE in that spot out of a bunch of injured/meh options: Amendola, Coutee, Ellington, Landry, Westbrook, Higbee, Dan Arnold <_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Had a loaded team going in my 16-team contract league, with Ryan/Goff, CMC/Gordon, Julio/Tyreek and Kittle. 

Then I got a little cocky and started trying to set myself up for 2019 as well: I traded Lindsay away for Hunter Henry.  And then I traded away Peyton Barber for the Minny defense for my playoff run.  Because I can't start a 3rd RB and what were the odds I'd start anyone but CMC/Gordon?

:wall:So now I have to roll with Gore or Jalen Richard, or start a WR/TE in that spot out of a bunch of injured/meh options: Amendola, Coutee, Ellington, Landry, Westbrook, Higbee, Dan Arnold <_<

 

Oh, wait, who's this hiding in the corner? Spencer Ware, COME ON DOWN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Leonard Fournette. Because of you I had to start Tevin Coleman and his big fat zero today. Now I’m crossing fingers I make the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Greg Olsen, his Travis Kelce...I never thought TEs mattered.  I was 1st place (or tied for first) since Week 1, and losing today dropped me all the way down to 3rd due to tie breakers...despite scoring more points than every other team by over 140 on the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:52 AM, fightingillini said:

Sometimes it's just not your year.

I play doubleheaders.  I went up against Mahomes, Hunt, McCaffrey, and M Thomas in one, and Brees, M Gordon, J Gordon, Kelce and Hopkins in the other.  The two highest scoring teams this week.  :wall:

Had it happen one last time

Opponent 1 had J Allen (as his QB2 in a superflex), Cohen, A Brown and J Cook.  High scorer.

Opponent 2 had Kelce and Lindsay.  He lost Gordon and put Lindsay in.  3rd highest scorer.

Started the year 4-0, ended the year 6-20.  That's right, I lost 20 out the last 22 games.  It's not like my team was that good.....if we based my all play record, on average I should have won between 12-13 games and would have made the playoffs.  Worst schedule luck ever.

Thank god this year is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The core of my team is Hopkins, Hill, Barkley, Chubb, Kittle, Chicago D.  Spent the season streaming Goff/Wentz.  Flex was a mix of Jeffery/Cook/Collins.  

Scored the second most total points in the league, but missed the playoffs because I lost by 3 freaking points this week.  One of those years where seemingly every week I was against the high scorer...this team should have been battling for a bye, instead I'll be fighting it out in the consolation bracket 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished #1 in the league in standings and points total.  New record for total score on the season (probably more about the NFL this year than anything else).  

Feels great but last time I finished first in the standings I got knocked out first round so I know there’s a long way to go.

Its annoying we don’t do a first round bye BUT Ill definitely take the way things played out week 13 as far as a groupings.  4 biggest threats to me get to beat each other for two weeks while I’ll face off against weaker opponents this week and (fingers crossed) week 15 if all goes well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I HATE FF.  Led the league by OVER 100 points in the regular season.  Playoffs start this week.  So what happens?  Lose Kareem Hunt, lose James Conner (for at least 1 week), lose Greg Olsen, lose Landon Collins (for at least 1 week).

Nothing like starting off the playoffs without 4 of 12 players that helped get you to the playoffs (okay so Olsen wasn't great but few TEs are this year).

I have been in this league 3 years now - every year I have won the regular season OR finished 2nd.  I have never won a playoff game.  Always the same old BS...dudes getting hurt late and nothing on the waiver wire (or a handcuff that pales in comparison to the person hurt).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, DaBeavz said:

Lost Hunt, Green, and now Conner in one week on one team. Just in time for the playoffs.

Same here in a dynasty league. Already lost Hunter Henry, Bell, Albert Wilson, Jimmy G, and Will Fuller earlier. Traded for Goodwin a few days before "he had a personal matter" and ghosted. Traded for Coutee before he reinjured his hamstring. Limping into a 1st round Bye.

Even better, was working on a trade for Sanders this morning but I decided to think on it and didn't pull the trigger. At least I finally dodged one bullet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drafted RB's like a champ...Picking Gordon at the end of the 1st, and snagging Peterson, Kerryon Johnson and Conner in the last few rounds.  My WR's, however, were pretty garbage...Beckham at the 1/2 turn, but then I relied on the likes of Doug Baldwin and Amari Cooper (who I dropped when Gruden stopped playing him) and Marquis Lee.  My WR saving grace was Golliday.  

Managed to make some decent adds early in the season (Luck, Chubb who was later traded for Kittle, and some others) and managed to scrape my way to the 3rd highest point total this season....and somehow the 3rd lowest W/L.  I missed the playoffs.  I lost 5 of my 8 losses by a combined total of 10 points.  3 of my losses came in weeks where I had the 2nd highest point total that week.  It was just one of those years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the playoffs in one of my 12-team leagues with a team that is just terrible. I traded away TY Hilton for OJ Howard and then he got hurt. Then I lost AJ Green and Alex Collins. 

Here's my playoff roster for Week 14:
QB: Big Ben
RB: Kamara and Ingram
WR: Golladay, Sutton, Humphries
TE: Herndon or Andrews (leaning Andrews)
Def: Saints
K: Janikowski

My chances do not look good at all with this 7-6 team unless the Saints RBs go nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, heaton76 said:

I made the playoffs in one of my 12-team leagues with a team that is just terrible. I traded away TY Hilton for OJ Howard and then he got hurt. Then I lost AJ Green and Alex Collins. 

Here's my playoff roster for Week 14:
QB: Big Ben
RB: Kamara and Ingram
WR: Golladay, Sutton, Humphries
TE: Herndon or Andrews (leaning Andrews)
Def: Saints
K: Janikowski

My chances do not look good at all with this 7-6 team unless the Saints RBs go nuts. 

I don't know - Ben will be throwing it all over the yard; Sutton will be a primary target (unless they get ahead and run Lindsay/Freeman until the wheels fall off).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

I don't know - Ben will be throwing it all over the yard; Sutton will be a primary target (unless they get ahead and run Lindsay/Freeman until the wheels fall off).

I hope so. Ben has been solid lately but not amazing, and Sutton as #1 now is more intriguing (just grabbed him again on waivers). It's a boom/bust team for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heaton76 said:

I hope so. Ben has been solid lately but not amazing

I don't know what you're expecting.  After his terrible game 1, in my league, Ben has scored 38, 26,14 ,22, 22, 16 ,34 ,29, 23, 22, and 17.  And that's with 4 pt TD passes and 1 pt per 25 yds passing.  I do have distance 2 pt bonuses for TDs greater than 50 yds, that does inflate Ben's totals.  But in general, Ben has been rock solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bragging

 

Last season i was 4-6 and went on a 3 game winning streak to make the playoffs in my dynasty league.

This season I was 2-6 and wnt on a 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs.

 

Never say die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, fightingillini said:

I don't know what you're expecting.  After his terrible game 1, in my league, Ben has scored 38, 26,14 ,22, 22, 16 ,34 ,29, 23, 22, and 17.  And that's with 4 pt TD passes and 1 pt per 25 yds passing.  I do have distance 2 pt bonuses for TDs greater than 50 yds, that does inflate Ben's totals.  But in general, Ben has been rock solid.

Agreed - he started off as my backup to Brady - but with his level of play I was able to trade Brady for an upgrade at WR and I had no regrets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dope said:

Bragging

 

Last season i was 4-6 and went on a 3 game winning streak to make the playoffs in my dynasty league.

This season I was 2-6 and wnt on a 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs.

 

Never say die.

I was 2-7 in my auction league and started trading higher-priced guys that I wouldn't have kept for 2019(Newton, TY Hilton) for lower cost upside guys that I can hold for multiple years.

So of course since then I'm on a 4-game winning streak and have a shot at a tiebreaker for the last wildcard spot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Leonard. Your 3 points tonight should prove pivotal in this first rd of the playoffs.

dude singlehandedly robbed my team of about 10-15 pts/wk by not playing much this year and now this.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up Jeff Wilson, Jaylen Samuels and Spencer Ware heading into the playoffs by wisely saving my FAAB.  Opponent picks up the only remaining viable RB 30 minutes before game time - Derrick Henry.  Once again - as soon as playoff begins I am destroyed by an average player and my 9-4 team will be knocked out by a 6-7.

  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, mrip541 said:

My playoff opponent has Henry.... on the bench!!!! Ahahahahahahahahahahhaha!

Are you in my league or something? lol .......   52.8 points....down the tubes.    Whodathunk the Jags run D that has been rock solid all year would lay down to a hit or miss (mostly miss RB)  Bad part is I have started a Tenn  rb every week this year....  except Thursday I took out Henry to put in Vance Mcdonald at the flex due to a great matchup.  I am now having Cory Dillon flashbacks who I also had on my bench many moons ago when he also scored 4 touchdowns in a playoff game for me.....on the bench... FML 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, da_budman said:

Are you in my league or something? lol .......   52.8 points....down the tubes.    Whodathunk the Jags run D that has been rock solid all year would lay down to a hit or miss (mostly miss RB)  Bad part is I have started a Tenn  rb every week this year....  except Thursday I took out Henry to put in Vance Mcdonald at the flex due to a great matchup.  I am now having Cory Dillon flashbacks who I also had on my bench many moons ago when he also scored 4 touchdowns in a playoff game for me.....on the bench... FML 

a talented but season long unproductive RB in a timeshare against the 2nd best fantasy RB defense.... so of course he scores 50 plus fantasy points. mr. know it all's situation sounds exactly like soemthing i would have done... except i would have had a heart attack last night

Edited by iamkoza

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the past two weeks I have lost three of my top players and have a playoff game tommorow.  

Lost Gordon, beckem Jr, and sanders.

What a time for injuries

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.