What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (3 Viewers)

Destroyed in the ‘ship by the same owner I stomped to win it last year. If I am not going to win it, just as soon get my ### kicked bigly. At least then I don’t sit around lamenting a coaching decision that cost me the title. Been there plenty and that is way worse.

Was really frustrated that I had the most points but a losing record in one league this year. Just a couple of fluke plays cost me two critical wins and a playoff spot. 

This week was the semis and I would have lost to every playoff team by at least 40. There was more drama in trying to make the playoffs than there would have been getting blown out soundly by everyone and anyone I could have faced. 

Knowing that somehow makes the drama of the regular season okay. Weird. 

Up 1.3 but he still has Lindsay so it’s looking bleak. OTOH he started Pettit and Brate over Sanu/Rudolph so it could be much worse. 

He got big games from Woods and Ertz, and I got middling at best from Gordon, Tyreek, Julio. No TDS from CMC, Tyreek or Kittle. 1-2 from that group might have been enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
AB, watson, ertz, kamara, MThomas, evans.... league record for points scored in a game and obviously as a result a title...! AB won me both of my leagues this year with that monster week 16.  :tebow:

Yesterday is what FF dreams are made of :lol:  

I lost C. Wentz, OBJ and E. Sanders to injury.  I was the 2nd best team in the league (record and total points scored) and I was playing the best team (record and total points).  He had Mahomes/Barkley/Hopkins/Ebron and I was a 15 point dog headed into the game.

Last week in the semi finals I started J. Allen and all the information I gathered from the pros said to start him again this week but I was skeptical.  I went with my gut and started S. Darnold which obviously worked out!

So my lineup was S. Darnold, Zeke, K. Dixon, AB, R. Anderson, Z. Ertz, CJ. Anderson, D. Cowboys (over Bears), G. Zurelein - and I scored the highest points in the league!

I agonized over the RB2 spot and had S. Ware penciled in but couldn't risk a zero and couldn't play CJA in that spot because I wasn't sure if Gurley would scratch.  So I obviously started Dixon which left me some options at Flex.  I started the 1 oclock games with D. Pettis at FL but when Gurley scratched I benched him for CJA which also worked.  I benched the Bears (possible let-down game on the road) for the Cowboys which also worked.  So every decision turned out to be the correct one (finally ;)  ).

In addition to all that, I played 2 versions of my lineup in a small tourney on FD for $1 entry fee and I'm currently in 2nd and 11th place winning 105.  Only 2 other entries are within 20 points of the 2nd place entry so hopefully that holds up.  Whatever happens with those DFS entries, yesterday was an awesome FF day :clap: :pickle:

Never would have thought back in September, that if I made my SB, my starting lineup would contain only 2 players I actually drafted. I suppose this probably happens a lot but still seems weird to me.

Mayfield, Chubb, Dam.Williams, Kittle, Fairbairn (plus Conner), all FA or waiver pickups. Only T.Hill and M.Thomas drafted, DJ on my bench also. I definitely learned this year to ignore "names". Got very lucky in the playoffs, avoiding the 1 seed in week 15 and facing the team with Rivers, Gurley, Adams and Kelce in the SB, all 4 players were dominant all year and only one showed up this week. 

Squeeked it out despite owning dcook and fournette this year, I only play one regular longtime home league and rwilson helped deliver for me vs mahomes who my opponent had to hold serve with a steady flow of production including my week 16 ww pickup of jwilliams. 

Also, decided to play the $15 fppc best ball this year with the fbg guys entry as well and my rwilson, abrown and kyle rudloph! picks all came through to jump me out of 2nd and win that satellite league.  A good day!  As always thanks to the fbg community and staff for a steady thought process in the preseason and during the regular season.

Yeah!

Won it all despite drafting Fournette as #1 RB and R. Freeman as #2 RB. Won with a real team effort, none over 20 points in a non PPR league. I had Brees, Chubb, D. Henry, M. Thomas, Baldwin, Fitz, Njoku, Zuerlein, and Pats. He had Brady, Barkley, J. Williams, Hopkins, Edelman, Smith-Schuster, Cook, Lutz, and Titans. First championship in a few years and it feels good.

My oldest league- 24 years in the books. 10 teamer, keep 4, auction, non ppr. 

Had a rotating rb2 issue all year. Justin Jackson in the semis and Jamaal Williams in the final were big difference makers.

Used the Winston-Fitzpatrick combo almost all year, with the exception of a Josh Allen spot start in the semis. 

My Zeke, AB, Julio core did the rest.

Back to back for me.

My oldest league- 24 years in the books. 10 teamer, keep 4, auction, non ppr. 

Had a rotating rb2 issue all year. Justin Jackson in the semis and Jamaal Williams in the final were big difference makers.

Used the Winston-Fitzpatrick combo almost all year, with the exception of a Josh Allen spot start in the semis. 

My Zeke, AB, Julio core did the rest.

Back to back for me.
Nice.  I just completed the first ever three-peat in the history of our 26 year old 12 team redraft league (and 5th overall title).  This year was all about good luck - outside of losing Kwon Alexander and losing several weeks of Zeurlein to injury - I really did not have any other significant injuries to any of my good players.  On top of that just about every player I targeted performed at or above expectations.  That does not happen very often so I was pretty lucky.  By the end of the year I had the #2 QB (Roethlisberger), the #2 RB (McCaffrey), the #2 and #3 WR (Adams and Hill), the #3 DL (Watt) and the #1 DB (Bethea)...all of them I drafted except Adams who I traded for.  All the stars lined up for me - next year I could drop back to the bottom with a few injuries or missed projections.  Time will tell but this game has a HUGE component of luck to it.

Nice.  I just completed the first ever three-peat in the history of our 26 year old 12 team redraft league (and 5th overall title).  This year was all about good luck - outside of losing Kwon Alexander and losing several weeks of Zeurlein to injury - I really did not have any other significant injuries to any of my good players.  On top of that just about every player I targeted performed at or above expectations.  That does not happen very often so I was pretty lucky.  By the end of the year I had the #2 QB (Roethlisberger), the #2 RB (McCaffrey), the #2 and #3 WR (Adams and Hill), the #3 DL (Watt) and the #1 DB (Bethea)...all of them I drafted except Adams who I traded for.  All the stars lined up for me - next year I could drop back to the bottom with a few injuries or missed projections.  Time will tell but this game has a HUGE component of luck to it.
Nice work!

Work league. Before the season started I traded Mike Evans for Josh Gordon and have been getting a TON of crap all season, rightfully so. Make it to the 'ship, playing the team I made the trade with, won because I sat Gronk and played Engram.

May the noise about my trade cease. Also, I will not be making any trades in that league again.

Just won the 16-team League I'm in...  Took home the Championship on Tuesday, was a $75 buy in and got $585. Had the 10th pick, nabbed DeAndre Hopkins and AJ  Green as my first 2 picks before getting Lamar Miller in the 4th and Chris Carson  in the 6th. My best pick was drafting a certain young QB from Kansas City in the 11th round. Made a few deals to solidify my team (Breida and Tevin Coleman for Dalvin Cook Week 9) and tried to factor SOS into my team, picking up DJ Moore in Week 10 and Dante Pettis in Week 13. My biggest thing was making sure I had FAAB left down the stretch... when I lost Jack Doyle and AJ Green it allowed me to get guys like Pettis, Jaylen Samuels, and Jamal Williams.

I often make the wrong decision when deciding between two players. Sometimes I can overcome it; sometimes I can't. 

In one league I couldn't (left M. Williams on the bench for Z. Jones) and got bounced in the semis.

In another, week 17 title game, I chose correctly (CJ Anderson over J. Conner, Pats D over Bears D) and I won.

Nice to get it right sometimes. 

Winning a week 17 championship is like kissing the newel on your sister's banister.

It is meaningless crapshoot and it tastes like Pledge. 

But Pledge is only carcinogenic in California and Ive never even been there, so I'ma roll with it.

12 Team PPR League with co-workers, this is our tenth season.  Won the title this year for the second year in a row!

6 titles in 10 years.  6-1 record in championship games.  10 playoff appearances in 10 years.  This year I led the league in regular season scoring.  I really enjoyed this one.  My coworkers hate me.

Here's my final roster in Week 16

Starters and their week 16 points
QB - 33.6 - Patrick Mahomes (10th round pick) - first time my QB was my best player
RB - 26.5 - Alvin Kamara (1st round pick)
RB - 15.5 - Nick Chubb (free agent acquisition)
Flex - 27.0 - Damien Williams (free agent acquisition)
WR - 9.0 - Stefon Diggs (3rd round pick)
WR - 22.5 - JuJu Smith-Schuster (5th round pick)
TE - 14.4 - George Kittle (free agent acquisition)
DST - 13.0 - Titans (free agent acquisition - had been riding the Bears, also a free agent pickup)
K - 7.0 - Wil Lutz (free agent acquisition)
Total - 168.5

Bench 
RB - 16.1 - Leonard Fournette (2nd round pick)
WR - 11.8 - Kenny Golladay (acquired in trade for Aaron Jones, who was a free agent acquisition)
WR - 31.0 - Robby Anderson (free agent acquisition)
RB - 25.2 - C.J. Anderson (free agent acquisition)
WR - 16.0 - DaeSean Hamilton (free agent acquisition)
Bench Total - 100.1

Here are my drafted players that didn't make it to the final roster - no ring for them
4th round - RB Alex Collins
6th round - WR Corey Davis
7th round - RB Rex Burkhead
8th round - QB Matthew Stafford
9th round - WR Jamison Crowder
11th round - WR Kenny Stills
12th round - TE Jack Doyle
13th round - DS Saints (got me negative points in week 1)
14th round - K Mason Crosby

Stefon Diggs was a solid pick - 10th in WR scoring in our PPR league.  But these players were also available and I thought hard about all of them - three of them would have outscored Diggs.
Tyreek Hill (1st in WR scoring)
Adam Thielen (7th in WR scoring)
Mike Evans (9th in WR scoring, 1 place ahead of Diggs, but 36.1 points ahead of Diggs)
Larry Fitzgerald (25th in WR scoring)

I really lucked into Mahomes - I was targeting the Ravens DST in the 10th round but they went 2 picks ahead of me.  (The Ravnes looked like a solid DST and they had the Bills at home in Week 1).  I wasn't that high on Mahomes, but as a Bills fan, I figured if the Bills traded him away he had to be decent, and since Stafford was the 14th QB taken in our league (yes, two teams had 2 QB's before I had any) I figured it would be good to have a backup plan behind Stafford just in case.

Two years in a row with four titles, including my money redraft league. 
nice man. That's cool that you can handle that much. I can really only handle 1 redraft league per year, but got thrown into 2 other free ones. Ironically, the free ones that I hardly ever checked were the ones I did the best in, as I was ousted in the first round of the redraft league I was primarily focused on.

Shady McCoy was a terrible pick, I'll say that much. AP was kind of a sneaky good one for me, and Ingram was meh.

Brag: I just landed Kamara / Hopkins as my first two auction picks in a dynasty start-up! 

Vent: I spent 46% of my budget doing it. 

Grieving: I also have a substantial bid in on Mahomes - if I get him I’ll have ~$100 left for 25 roster spots. :doh:  

i thoight I’d be outbid on one of Hopkins or Kamara. Got both & I might be hosed.

update: I’m hosed. I have Hopkins/Kamara/Mahomes & $137 left to fill my 28 man roster. Ugh. 

update: I’m hosed. I have Hopkins/Kamara/Mahomes & $137 left to fill my 28 man roster. Ugh. 

I know you may have wanted more auction $$$ to spend, but I wouldn't exactly say you are "hosed".

You have literally THREE of the most valuable assets someone can have in dynasty (at their respective positions), and you have money to fill out the rest of the "playable" roster with lower $$$ players.  You should be able to get by with the "Tyler Boyds"  of the world and do just fine.

I would reckon there is a slew of $5 and $10 bargain players in dynasty, but then again Dynasty isn't really my cup of tea.

Remember, you always have next years crop of rookies to help you build, and you will STILL have some "bargain players" that develop into strong fantasy contributors, it happens every year.

I'd be combing everyones rosters to see if there are some cheap + high upside guys I could trade for on the cheap.

Not sure how the rest of your roster shook out, but I would be interested in the whole thing.  You could always trade Kamara for a kings ransom and still get multiple decent players.......

TZM

I know you may have wanted more auction $$$ to spend, but I wouldn't exactly say you are "hosed".

You have literally THREE of the most valuable assets someone can have in dynasty (at their respective positions), and you have money to fill out the rest of the "playable" roster with lower $$$ players.  You should be able to get by with the "Tyler Boyds"  of the world and do just fine.

I would reckon there is a slew of $5 and $10 bargain players in dynasty, but then again Dynasty isn't really my cup of tea.

Remember, you always have next years crop of rookies to help you build, and you will STILL have some "bargain players" that develop into strong fantasy contributors, it happens every year.

I'd be combing everyones rosters to see if there are some cheap + high upside guys I could trade for on the cheap.

Not sure how the rest of your roster shook out, but I would be interested in the whole thing.  You could always trade Kamara for a kings ransom and still get multiple decent players.......

TZM
 I actually traded away part of next years draft and part of 2021’s draft in order to land Tyler Boyd, Duke Johnson, a couple of minor players and a couple of lower pics. 

Spent cheaply on veterans like Tom Brady as a superflex/qb2 and Larry Fitzgerald as a WR4. I was also able to draft guys like Mark Ingram and Alan Robinson for between 20 and 25 bucks. had my fair share of $1-5 bargains, and Evan Engram at $26 seems like a worthy splurge. 

Kind of really liking my team now since there’s no salary cap and I have arguably a top three player at three different positions. 

Appreciate the feedback! 

TZM
Update: landed KeeSean Johnson for a 2021 2nd & a 2020 4th (with a couple later picks coming back)

So now I don’t have 1st round picks next year or the year after, nor do I have a 2020 4th or a 2021 2nd after acquiring Duke Johnson, but as stacked as my 2019 team is I don’t expect a high pick in 2020, and I feel I acquired youth & talent with Boyd, KeeSean & Duke.

Also as toss-ins to those deals I managed to get both Hill & Ollison (falcons), along with Jaron Brown & Hurst in BAL.

my roster is a little old for a dynasty superflex, and QB will have to be addressed for next year if Brady retires, but I’ve got some pieces I can move to do that. 

QB: Mahomes/Brady/Hoyer (brady insurance. lol) 

RB: Kamara/Ingram/Duke/Ronald Jones/AP ($3)/Hill/Ollison/McKinnon (he was dirt cheap at $3, hopefully comes back healthy later this year/early next year)

WR: Hopkins/Boyd/Fitz/CSutton ($20)/ARobinson ($25)/Tyrell Williams ($6!)/Jaron/KeeSean/Demarcus Robinson/Demaryius Thomas (waiver claim) 

TE: Evan Engram/Hurst/Uzomah (waiver claim)/LaCosse

no salary cap, no D/ST or K. The no D/ST is kind of a bummer - I like the idea of dynasty defenses, and I like the slight randomness they add to scoring. 

Overall I like my roster. I have arguably 3 of the top 10 players in FF,  bona fide 1st tier options at all 4 of the starting positions, and even a bit of depth.

if things break right with Ronald Jones, Hurst, KeeSean, DRobinson, Sutton & Boyd I’ll have an influx of youth upside for next year,  I’m especially high on Tyrell Williams & I think Duke Johnson has a legit chance to take over the HOU backfield this year or next. 

At best I’ll be able to deal an asset for a younger QB than Brady next season and still retain a core of talent. Since my primary depth is at WR, I’m thinking Hopkins may be the asset to trade. Hopefully he stays healthy & his productivity continues to grow. 

OK, my first ##### of the season.

Its time for some real football!  This preseason bull#### gets old fast.

I kinda have the same routine every year.    (I don't much watch the Superbowl) But after football ends, I go through a "high school break up phase" where I miss fantasy terribly.

I even do a bunch of early mocks in February (yeah I'm THAT SICKO GUY) .

Then it dies down, and I start looking forward to the draft.   Then the draft comes and goes, and I see all the drunks on TV celebrating their team's 8th round long snapper pick and I then start firing up mocks.

THEN I start contacting guys and open up my leagues, do a boat load more mocks..... all the while longing for the preseason.

Then the extravaganza known as "HARD KNOCKS" starts.

By week 3 of the preseason I am wondering WTF have I been wanting this spew for..... its certainly not fantasy. :wall:

Then I'm ready for the real deal to start.

And, here we are.    Thank God all my real drafts are next week.     :)

TZM

In a year where I see a big drop-off at WR after the first 12 or so, I feel pretty good about going WR-WR-WR-RB-RB-WR from the 1.08 spot.

D.Adams 

Tyreek

Amari Cooper

Carson

Montgomery

Lockett

seems like a solid start, and Evan Engram in the 8th capped it off after I took my LB1. 

Very pleased. All my best mocks had me going WR-WR from that spot. 

When Fournette went 1 pick before me in the 3rd I didn’t see any difference between the RBs left & Carson, so I took Cooper who said he’s not worried about his foot. 

I hope it’s ok, because I coulda had Diggs in the 3rd as well. Thought AC had more upside. 

In a year where I see a big drop-off at WR after the first 12 or so, I feel pretty good about going WR-WR-WR-RB-RB-WR from the 1.08 spot.

D.Adams 

Tyreek

Amari Cooper

Carson

Montgomery

Lockett

seems like a solid start, and Evan Engram in the 8th capped it off after I took my LB1. 

Very pleased. All my best mocks had me going WR-WR from that spot. 

When Fournette went 1 pick before me in the 3rd I didn’t see any difference between the RBs left & Carson, so I took Cooper who said he’s not worried about his foot. 

I hope it’s ok, because I coulda had Diggs in the 3rd as well. Thought AC had more upside. 
Similar draft for me.

Never expected to get DJ at 1.10 but my league mates opted for Bell 4th, Conner 6th, & Cook 9th. Even better someone took Kelce at the turn, leaving me with OBJ.

Third round Diggs was gone so I took Cooks - super inconsistent W2W, but season wise top 12 every year. Mack, Jacobs & Fournette at the turn - thought for sure the latter would fall - so I passed on Henry (4 game career? let’s see it.) It’s full PPR so I took Edelman

OJ Howard in the 5th, Cam in the 7th, with 7 more RBs (4 rookies) RB2 will work itself out: Cohen, Guice, Henderson, Hill, Singletary, Edmonds, Ty Johnson.

Last championship I won (2015) I took 3 WRs plus Kelce in the first 5. This year I was the only team with 3 wideouts after 4 rounds.

Lost Luck as my QB1. Lost Miller as my RB3.

Came back a made a quick trade to give me Carr as my QB1. Not super happy but i'll survive. 

Bell and Chubb as my Rb1/Rb2

Well, finally had my PPR IDP redraft league draft & went into it with a solid plan for every draft spot. 

I prepped the heck out of it, mocked from every position & really put some time into draft strategy. I do this every year, but this year I felt there were better & worst positions / strategies. 

For the first time in years I wanted a later position. 

We do KTS, so you select your draft spot from what’s available when your name is drawn. 

As mine was the last name pulled, I was a little surprised to get 1.08, which is one of the spots I really wanted. My best mocks consistently came from the 8-12 slots, witj a WR-heavy strategy. 

And for the 1st time in years, I actually landed almost every draft target. In fact, I landed one I never expected to get that late. 

1.08 - Adams as the 3rd WR off the board. I would have taken Julio, but I’m higher on Adams.

2.05 - Tyreek Hill. Somehow I knew I’d have him this year. When Beckham went 2.04 I took my next best player. 

3.08 - Amari Cooper. I’m not too concerned about the foot. Felt like he was the last WR1 on the board & everyone at the turn needed WRs. There were 4 RBs I liked about the same & I had my fingers crossed that Carson would make it back.

4.05 - Carson made it back.

5.08 - my 2019 mancrush Montgomery fell to me. 

6.05 - Lockett. My plan was to pop the cherry on IDP & take Leonard. I missed him by 1 pick. Then I checked all my sheets for value and couldn’t believe Lockett was there. He’s one of my breakout players this year, and he’ll be a great flex. 

7.08 - Vander Esch - my #2 ranked LB, shockingly after 3 DL & 2 LB went between my picks. 

8.05 - Evan Engram - this is where the IDP / QB runs helped me. OJ Howard went a few picks before & I was sure it would trigger a TE run, but it didn’t. 

9.08 - L.Murray - needed a RB3 in a big way. I’m lower on LM than most, but I think he’ll be a fine BYE week filler. 

10.05 - Wentz. 

The rest of the team is IDP-ers & backups. I have several of the lottery ticket RBs & I won’t bore y’all with that, but I couldn’t be more pleased with my starting lineup. 

QB - Wentz

RB - Carson/Monty

WR - Adams/Hill/AC

TE - EEngram

O-Flex - Lockett

Maybe I’m off on my players but I pretty much landed a dream team based on where I picked & who I liked.  Feels like my best draft in a decade. 

So brag: I had the perfect draft from the 8-hole. Or at least as of August 29th, that’s how I feel. Ask me again in 3 months. :lol:  

Ugh, the sick feeling of screwing up the last few picks of a draft. 
Good buddy of mine had a bit of "buyers remorse" tonight, saying he shouldn't have "passed on ZEKE" in a draft several days ago.

Can't be that way, we can only do the best we can with what we got RIGHT NOW.

If I may ask, exactly how did you "screw up" the last few picks?  Most errors in the very late rounds are "fractional errors" at best....its the early rounds where you can kill your season, not the late rounds.

TZM

One of my terminator leagues on FFPC is a lost cause before the season starts.  Two kickers drafted.  Two kickers out for the season.  Can't make up 120-140 points.

I freakin hate kickers in fantasy.

Tarik Cohen is my RB2*.

Projected Week 1 points: 14.32

Actual Week 1 points: 14.34

(full PPR / 1 pt per 25 return yards)

My opponent started Montgomery & Trubisky.

Win probability: 71%

Counter balanced by my WR5 (G-Mo) getting zero targets.

*until I figure out how Guice, Henderson, Hill, Singletary are being used.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

Switched Lamar Jackson out for Wentz Saturday in one league. It's early but Jackson is having a monster first half and Wentz has done nothing.

On the other hand, i did start Jackson over Brees in another league.

I'm just here to vent that RedZone is showing an inordinate amount of this stupid Jets/Bills game today.  Two crappy teams that no one cares about in an 8-0 game and it's like 40% of the screen time.

In my main dynasty league this off-season, I traded away Sammy Watkins, Keenan Allen, and Ronald Jones, and cut Mariota. Jones just outscored both my starters combined (Mixon and Freeman), Mariota did something, Watkins balled out, and Allen did what he always does. Meanwhile, Mike Evans (who I acquired last week) did next to nothing along with my RBs.

At least I have Hockenson and AJ Brown on my taxi squad?

I’m not going to complain about having Lamar Jackson, Sammy Watkins, Marlon Mack, and Michael Gallup on my bench, because I stand behind my thought process for who I started over all of them.  

What I will complain about is getting my ### kicked because my opponent started Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown against me.

Also, I’m hoping my love of Kerryon Johnson in the draft process hasn’t bitten me in the ###, because he looked bad most of the game, with little involvement in the passing game.  Not to mention all of the work by Anderson, Mckissic, etc.  

Drafted Mike Evans and could have had Keenan Allen.  I love Allen year after year...not sure why I made the bonehead move.  Hopefully at the very least, TB throws the ball a lot this year.

My first three picks got knocked out: Juju/Tyreek/Mixon. Getting smoked, as my opponent went off, but a normal day from those three would have my within shouting distance with Lutz going tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread