Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maurile Tremblay

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving...

Nearly got Breida'd tonight by my opponent. Was up 20 going into tonight. Thought was in the bag obviously with SF RBBC. Breida had 20-something PPR points before 1st quarter was over. :bag: Not a good feeling to see a RB having 20-something points before the 1st quarter was over. Breida doubled his total season PPR output in tonight's game.

Thankfully I had SF D starting tonight as well and they nearly matched Breida's output in the end. :thumbup: 

So I was up 168.2 to 127.4 and I had NIck Chubb going and he had Breida and SF Defense and I end up losing 181.3 to 179.1. Yes I know point to the shirt right? 👕👈

List by 3.5 points because I was playing against SF defense. Of course the always sh@@@@ Browns & horrible baker Mayfield cant score more than 3 points. 

Looking at having to field a lineup possibly without all of my best guys this week (replacement options in parentheses):

• RB - CMC (Darrell Williams, Jeff Wilson)
  • WR - Tyreek, Julio, Cooks (D Robinson, David Moore, Deebo, D Westbrook)
  • TE - Henry, Waller (bye) (I Thomas)

Need a couple of these guys to get healthy.  Having Robinson available if Tyreek can't go isn't so bad but the rest of them...yeesh

Just won a game I had lost...stat correction gave me the lead by 0.03 pts!

I have been irrationally happy about this all afternoon.

• Like 1

Spent all day Sunday chasing a guy that had McCaffery and Thielen.  Finally went ahead with a minute to go in the KC-Indy game, only to lose it by 1 20 seconds later on that last Butker FG.

Spent Monday night nursing a big lead against a guy with four SF starters.  Held on to win by a half-point thanks to those three FG misses by Gould.

Not a good weekend for my heart.

Forgot to submit a lineup after waivers and before last night's kickoff.  NYG defense on my bench with 13 points :wall: Best option on the WW is MIA hosting the Skins :X

Congratulating myself for benching Jameis and then watching Minshew turn into a pumpkin in his place

20 hours ago, heckmanm said:

Congratulating myself for benching Jameis and then watching Minshew turn into a pumpkin in his place

But my opponent has CMC, Diggs and Godwin, so it probably didn’t matter 

ETA - he also had Conner and Zeke, while I started Goff.  :lmao: what a bloodbath

Edited by heckmanm

Playing the Diggs owner

Win probability after the early games is 5% 

Long time, fist time.     2QB league, turnovers are -3.       Winston/Baker,   9 of em.    :hot:

Last year I went 12-1 and won my league. This year I’m 0-6 with a roster built to win this year after Diggs’ explosion cost me to lose by 3:

Wentz, Zeke, Melvin, Michael Thomas, Tyreek, Fitz, and Kareem Hunt coming later. 

Now just going to figure which two keepers since most are ineligible. 

Bragging:

Two teams, 12-team leagues, one dynasty & one IDP redraft.

both 5-1

IDP this week was hurting because of injury (marquis brown, Davonte Adams) and had a couple players on BYE.

also had Wentz going up against MIN, and a LB who picked up an abdomen strain on Friday.  

To the wire I went! Noticed someone dropped Cousins & Philly had their top DBs out. Claimed him, Vigil (who I’d drafted & dropped after a slow start) and Chase Edmonds in case he got some run with DJ’s back hurting. 

that netted me +12.8 at QB, +26 at LB & +14.x at RB. I’m up 44.5 & my opponent has a LB left, but that 52 points made all the difference. 
:pickle:

:ptts:Tonight the shirt points at me. But seriously what the hell is Lafuler's major malfunction.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

On 10/10/2019 at 6:51 PM, Arodin said:

Just won a game I had lost...stat correction gave me the lead by 0.03 pts!

I have been irrationally happy about this all afternoon.

And one week later, I just lost a game in a different league by the same 0.03 margin (pending stat changes Thursday).  One less yard from J. Graham or one assisted tackle from Martinez would have swung this.

Of course, Jared Goff managing even one more pass yard in his under one fantasy point production would have done it too.  His fault!

• Laughing 1

after thursday i was furious after michel's "terrible" performance and measily 12.3 points.... melvin gordon and malcom brown both said hold my beer we can do way worse.

So I play in a friendly work league for a small amount of money.  Winner takes home 300 or something.  There are 2 brothers in this league.  Every year they try some kinda shady trade that helps one team out.  

They just traded Tyrone hill for Ronald Jones. Tons of rb on the ww just like jones.  I protested the trade but I swear over half the teams aren't even paying attention.  I mailed the commish and told him I'm out next year due to no one paying attention to this crap.  It really pisses me off.  What else can I do?

6 hours ago, need2know said:

So I play in a friendly work league for a small amount of money.  Winner takes home 300 or something.  There are 2 brothers in this league.  Every year they try some kinda shady trade that helps one team out.  

They just traded Tyrone hill for Ronald Jones. Tons of rb on the ww just like jones.  I protested the trade but I swear over half the teams aren't even paying attention.  I mailed the commish and told him I'm out next year due to no one paying attention to this crap.  It really pisses me off.  What else can I do?

Yep, totally absurd to trade a productive, almost-starting RB for a player nobody has heard of.

What position does Tyrone play?  IDP league?

😛

9 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Yep, totally absurd to trade a productive, almost-starting RB for a player nobody has heard of.

What position does Tyrone play?  IDP league?

😛

Lol tyreek

Edited by need2know
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Monday night, I had a lead 145.29 to 141.71 in my deep keeper league (18 teams, large rosters). I had Kerryon Johnson, and my opponent only had Matt Prater. Johnson put up 13.10, so I was feeling great about my chances. Prater somehow put up 21 pts and beat me 162.71 to 158.39. I still can't believe it. 

7 hours ago, JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo said:

Travis Kelce has been a waste of an early pick.

You expected better than 86/1235 from a tight end?

• Like 1

12-1 last year and 0-6 in the same league this year. This year has been all about playing guys having their best game of the year. 

Last week it was Diggs. This week it’s Rodgers. It’s going to be close but holy heck I seriously can’t even make this stuff up this year. 

33 minutes ago, Sister Havana said:

Of course this is the week I go against Aaron Rodgers. Of course.

For some reason my opponent today left Rodgers on the bench in favor of kyler Murray.  He also dropped Edmonds this morning.  He also started Thielen.

also going against David Johnson in another league where I started Edmonds.

:tebow:

Though I still may not win either...:kicksrock:

• Like 1

That’s BS. Michael Thomas was not touched but they blew the play dead.  Of course going against Murray.

Lost to a (previously winless) team starting Chris Conley, Amendola, Damiere Byrd and Jakobi Meyers.

Enough said.

Bragging, albeit is difficult to do when entering this week with a 2-4 record...:

Needed to do something drastic, so with my D. Freeman coming off his Week 6 big game and the league leader’s Aaron Jones looking like he had just lost his job to Williams, I pulled off a trade in my main salary cap league, giving up Freeman, Michel and Alshon Jeffrey for Jones, L’Veon Bell (who hasn’t been lighting it up, at least not yet) and Antonio Brown (who I immediately dropped due to cap space issues).    Then my QB, Aaron Rodgers wakes up, at least for this week and my TE (Waller) learns where the end zone is,  I look like a world beater....

This hobby is a fool’s errand, but fun nonetheless.

Edmonds got me 33.8 ... On my bench. DJ got me .2 starting. I lost by 28. 

#### you Kliff Kingsbury. Only available for Emergency purposes? That's information we all could have used prior to the game. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Insein said:

Edmonds got me 33.8 ... On my bench. DJ got me .2 starting. I lost by 28. 

#### you Kliff Kingsbury. Only available for Emergency purposes? That's information we all could have used prior to the game. 

Kind of the same for me, lost by 21.3, Mahomes injury didn’t help but had David Johnson in while I had Waller (31.6) or ekeler (25.5) I coulda put in instead if I woulda known he was only gonna get 3 snaps

I just traded for Kerryon Johnson in Dynasty League. *Sigh*

But I'm undefeated and doing better than a lot of other teams.

And my season long screwing continues.  Lost barkley for part then gallman, davante useless, juju useless, now kerryon done. Hate hate hate fantasy football. 

I'm in a 4 player keeper league (plus one rookie keeper):

Zeke :thumbup:

OBJ :X

Ertz :yucky:

AB :lol: :lmao: :loco: 

DJ Moore :unsure:

First Pick was: C. Wentz :topcat::cry:

Fantasy football is stupid :hot: :lol: 

This season sucks :ptts:

Just lost the game on Pittsburgh last sack by 0.15 points with the second highest score on the league. 

BRUTAL

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Just lost the game on Pittsburgh last sack by 0.15 points with the second highest score on the league. 

BRUTAL

That sucks man, I really think H2H shouldn't be the way we do FF, until the Championship game.

I have a 3-5 team that is leading my league in points by almost 15 a week. Have only 1 week where I haven't been in the top-3(10 teams) in points. Every week its either be the highest scoring team, or face them, other than bombing week 7(hi, David Johnson!) just unbelievable. There is an 8-0 team that I'm better than at every position except maybe QB(Wilson/Watson) Ugh!

sneaked through with a win by 1.3 points.  Had Lamar on bye and decided to try to roll with Rudolph.  Eschewed Minshew, Carr, Schaub, and at least one other who put up decent days.  Also had Juju and was going against Diontae.  Last TD to Juju put me over and then it was holding my breath the rest of the time...

But here's the kicker.  Or rather, here is NOT the kicker, as my opponent had Tucker on bye, as well as several others and I guess didn't want to drop anyone, so he left it empty.  Thought for sure he was going to see how the matchup was going and then pick up Boswell or Sanders at the last minute.

This game is all skill.

Venting here:

I'm so sick of some of the dynasty voices in the community proclaiming than any 1 for 1 trade of the same position (like WR for WR) is dumb.  Why would anyone do that, they say? 

Are you guys really this myopic?  Why would I trade Julio Jones off a rebuild for Juju? Can you not fathom a reason to do that?  Maybe it's because current value is close to equal and I want to make a bet on future value being uneven in my favor? 

Stop saying this.  It's idiotic. 

Edited by kittenmittens

Had to start Minshew in superflex with Goff/Brees on bye.  Not too worried because he had a good matchup and hadn't turned the ball over much.

OOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFF

Fighting for my playoff life and chose to start Brissett over Mayfield. Then in a game where Theilin gets hurt Diggs has 1 for 4 yards and I lose by 5+ points. Abdullah had more yards and a TD and I didn't even realize he was still in the league until yesterday.

Back from the dead. This week will be my 5th straight W after a 1-3 start, and I still get AJ Green back for the home stretch.

That 4th quarter Dak-to-Amari TD pass... and my main-team (16teamer) will lose to an opponent I haven't lost to in 14 years.

:suds:

Was up 22.5 with Barkley and Engram with my opponent having Zeke and Dak.

The refs were trying to screw me......but I somehow hung on and won by 2.5

Four different leagues.

Lost by 0.75 in one.

By 0.88 on another.

By 4 in a third.

And 5 in a fourth.

I think the universe is telling me to find another hobby.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Four different leagues.

Lost by 0.75 in one.

By 0.88 on another.

By 4 in a third.

And 5 in a fourth.

I think the universe is telling me to find another hobby.

What will the universe be saying if you find yourself 2-2 after Thursday AM stat corrections?

44 minutes ago, Arodin said:

What will the universe be saying if you find yourself 2-2 after Thursday AM stat corrections?

"Just when you thought you were out we pull you back IN!"

• Like 1

won on that ridiculous Dallas D TD return with 30 seconds left by 3.

Need to vent.  Just having one of those years where every week it's something.  Currently sitting at 12th place out of 12.  Don't think I've ever spent a week in last place before that I can recall, and I don't like it. 

Drafted Adams at 1.08, blech.  Drafted Juju at 2.05, Ben gets hurt.  Drafted Ertz at 3.08, he's quiet all year and Goedert vultures every TD.  My 2QBs in a superflex are Matt Ryan and Cousins, Cousins stinks up the joint for the first 5 weeks, I caught Minshew off waivers along the way and now he's sucking, then Ryan throws up a 3 pt game and gets hurt.  Singletary blows up on my bench, flops in my lineup. I pulled off a trade after Week 5 for Keenan Allen, now he's bench fodder.  Guice got hurt week 1.  I was frustrated with Ertz and picked up Dissly, he goes down.  AJ Green won't ever return from injury, just wasting away on my bench week after week.  I bid too little FAAB on Chark & McLaurin, and bid too much on Ty Johnson.  

I finally manage to beat my projection by about 20 points this week thanks to Jacobs, Ertz, and ESanders, but run into the guy who's in 10th place with Garoppolo and Kyler and he crushes me.  At this point I feel like every move I make is a bad one. 

• Like 1

2-7 with the 4th most points YTD. Some of it is bad luck in H2H, but my lineup decisions have been awful and cost me at least 3 wins.

I've yet to play the right PK one week this year.

Got too cute last week benching Sutton for Robby Anderson and lost by 3 points, which was the latest in a string of bad choices.

First three draft picks were Tyreek Hill, JuJu, and Mixon.