What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (4 Viewers)

Traded Will Fuller and Antonio Gibson for Aaron Jones 2 weeks ago. I play the guy this week i traded with. Jones better have 10 TDs on Sunday
man oh man do i seriously hate the Packers, a lot. This game plan and this team has me tilting like never before

Average team in the league scores 92 points per week. Teams scoring 105+ are like 11-1 on the season. 

I'm up against my main rival, a loss knocks me out of the playoff hunt and cements him in. He's #1 scorer in the league (avg 103 ppg), I'm averaging 94 a game. Non-ppr.

He's got: Mahomes, Gibson, Fuller, and James Robinson. I figure I'm dead. He was up 64-0 after Thanksgiving and at one point was 76-0 once games kicked off on Sunday.

But I've got: D Henry, Y Koo, the Saints D, Evans 2 garbage time TDs, and RoJo... I'm currently ahead 144 to 138 in the highest-scoring game of the season. Only a couple of other teams are barely over a hundred and he and I end up in a total slugfest. This is without my only QB, Lamar Jackson, and I'm subbing in the best waiver option in Danny Jones. 

He's still got Justin Tucker left to go... maybe? This might be the wildest game in league history. Definitely one to remember. 

In a must win week, I lost Jackson to COVID and had Dalton as my #3QB in a superflex.  Couldn't use Dalton since he played on Thanksgiving, so I picked up Brandon Allen to start along with Newton at QB  :wall:

9 points total from my QBs.  After the 1pm games, I was down 108.5-60 with my opponent having Kamara and Lockett to play.  I have no chance.................................................

Except I had Tyreek Hill and David Montgomery!  They scored 80 points between them and I ended up winning 145-117.5, and still alive to make the playoffs.

Thanks Tyreek and David!

my best 12 team roster ever is likely not going to make the playoffs.. lost this week his watson/henry was too much for my fuller chubb (thanks russ and lockett for the monday night stinkers)

start qb, 2rb, 2wr, flex, te

wilson

aaron jones, ekeler, chubb, gaskin

allen, lockett, fuller, kupp, meyers

kelce, smith

I was down 2.3 points going into the Steelers/Ravens game and I had Tucker.  Ravens score in the first and I'm down 1.3 points after the extra point.  Ravens have the ball inside the Steelers thirty with two minutes left and two time outs.  They run the ball from the one, time expires and they get zero points (no field goal, no extra point).  They score once in the second half giving me the extra point and I lose by .3 points.  

How do you run the ball from the one with no timeouts?

:hot:

Start 21 player league (full IDP). My first year in this established league

Thought I could drop bench weight to lower my Potential Points before the Bal-Pitt went final to land a top 4 overall conditional pick. Dropped some IDPs and replaced with IR slots in final two minutes when the scoring picture was pretty clear.. Those changes must have to be made before the game starts because it locked in my roster and it cost me that top 4 overall pick. Instead, I lost some really solid IDP starters (which I intentionally benched this week) and good depth just to land a second round conditional pick instead (20th overall) I was already locked into. Wish I had know the system operations beforehand.... Got too cute. Beating myself up about it but I guess I’ll just have to wait till the off-season and get to work.

our league is in its 27th year.  This week I faced the 12th place team (I am fighting for the 6th playoff spot) and he puts up the 3rd highest weekly total in the 27 year hostory of our league...while I put up the 3rd highest score for the week and lose.

Highlights on his roster -

QB - Watson

RB - Henry and Gibson (really??????)

WR - A Robinson, J Jefferson, and AJ Brown

and this team was 3-8 before facing me.  Holy bad luck, Batman.

I got 70 points last week between Hill, Adams and Hunter Henry (PPR for TE only).

I got 30 points from the entire rest of my roster (Goff, Davis, C Samuel, Waller, Crosby, Cleveland D - ZERO vs frigging JAX?) :lmao:

I still won, but got knocked out of the lead for the scoring title with 1 week left.

If KC had challenged on Hill's (non) catch in the endzone, I would have clinched the total points crown in one league, and been 10 points closer to doing so in another.

Instead, I need 1.1 from Deebo in one league, and I need Diontae to outscore Deebo by 18.1 in the other.  Likely for the first, still possible for the 2nd but I''d really like to have gotten another 10 in each league from Tyreek. 

Started out 1-3 then 2-4, finished by winning 5 of the last 6 including the last 4. Climbed from 10th to #3. One of the more satisfying seasons of 26 seasons in the hobby.

Currently in negotiations with my oldest to have my first grandchild (boy or girl) named Keke. It’s not going well but we’re just getting started.

heckmanm said:
If KC had challenged on Hill's (non) catch in the endzone, I would have clinched the total points crown in one league, and been 10 points closer to doing so in another.

Instead, I need 1.1 from Deebo in one league, and I need Diontae to outscore Deebo by 18.1 in the other.  Likely for the first, still possible for the 2nd but I''d really like to have gotten another 10 in each league from Tyreek. 
Not enough from Diontae so if Deebo ends up getting shut down I could miss BOTH leagues by about 1 point out of ~1400

Last place team dropped their high week (by alot) of the season on me, but that incomplete slant to Cooper on the final drive still would have pushed me into the playoffs.

2nd in points scored, 1st in points against. H2H sucks sometimes.

In the playoffs in my 2 main leagues, between them I have on my roster in one and on my opponent's in the other:

• Nick Chubb (B)
  • Davante Adams (A)
  • Diontae Johnson (B)
  • Deebo Samuel (A)
  • Mason Crosby (A)
So any of these guys having a big game hurts my chances of winning both games. 

fred_1_15301 said:
If Diontae has been benched for the rest of the game, I'm going to lose my bid to make the playoffs in the worst possible way.
Nah the worst way is Fant deciding he was sick on the first drive. And Deebo breaking the first time he touched the ball. And Gio fumbling for the first time in 830 carries (!!!) and getting benched for the entire half. And then losing by 4.

Our league is in it's 33rd year and this week I set the all time record for most points in a single week with 261.5!  (Previous record 246.0)

Active Players Points:

QB  P. Mahomes     25

RB  D. Montgomery  36

RB  J. Taylor  45

WR  A. Robinson  23

WR  R. Anderson  14

TE  T. Kelce  29

Flex1  K. Hunt  32

Flex2   E. Ebron  2

K    R. Succup  10

LB  D. White  11.5

DB  K. Curl  25.5

D-Flex  B. Martinez  8.5

(And the bench scored 88 points)

Gonna have to hope for a stat change in one of my leagues. Craziest endings I’ve ever had.  Was down big but had Lamar, dobbins and queen to go, site predicted I had a 8% chance to come back. After the Baltimore pick and dobbins TD I was within 18 with the 4th quarter to go so actually felt pretty good but then Lamar left. I chalked it up as a loss.

Then Lamar comes back and throws the TD and it’s now within 5. Just need a couple tackles or a sack from queen and I win on the last drive or hope the browns score and send it into OT. Queen gets one tackle so now within 3 points and browns score and tie it up. So happy but then Lamar drives the ball down, 3 completions I’m not sure how many yards but it keeps getting closer.

Final throw and then they have to spike it. Site updates and I’m down by .06 so only needed 2 more yards. Tucker is coming on and I know I now have to hope for a stat change. But wait browns start lateraling the ball and queen is out there, maybe he can get a tackle. Doesnt happen, by now everyone is in the chat talking abt the crazy ending but it doesn’t stop there. All of a sudden my score goes up after the game is over, Queen gets credited with a forced fumble and I’m now in the lead. I’m going crazy, league is in disbelief.

Wake up this morning and the forced fumble is gone, he technically did force a Higgins fumble during the laterals (little bit before humphries tipped it and got the safety) but I’m not in charge of that. Currently down 158.02-158.06. Start 6 IDP so maybe have a chance. I don’t think I woulda watched the game tho without this fantasy team and boy was it a fun game to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had my worst beat ever, still in shock honestly.  

14 team PPR.  My team was a juggernaut all year, managed to avoid big injuries, Dalvin and Ridley leading the way, grabbed Herbert when he popped and rode that wave, just got Ekeler back....  Cruising along undefeated entering Week 13.  Play the guy in 2nd place that's 11-1, and he's got me by 30 total points.  I lose that match 180.81-180.80.  😳   Seriously lost a match by 0.01 pts. 

He jumps me because total points tiebreaker, so we're both 12-1 entering the playoffs.  But since 7 teams get in, only one team gets a bye, and he gets it.  So now I lost a bye by 0.01 point. 

Week 14:  Just got beat by the 7 seed this past week 173.73 - 171.98 thanks to his Derrick Henry, Rams D, Gesicki, AJ Brown combination.  While I got a zero out of Fant.  🤬  🤬  🤬  🤬  🤬

Went from 12-0 & second in points, to now my season is over, with losses by 0.01 and 1.75 points.  

So my buddy was the only one that didn't make the playoffs because of that safety scored by the Ravens?  Hard to believe.

My sister made the playoffs in our family league (over her son) by the total points tiebreaker, 1,926.56 - 1,926.40.

Gonna have to hope for a stat change in one of my leagues. Craziest endings I’ve ever had.  Was down big but had Lamar, dobbins and queen to go, site predicted I had a 8% chance to come back. After the Baltimore pick and dobbins TD I was within 18 with the 4th quarter to go so actually felt pretty good but then Lamar left. I chalked it up as a loss.

Then Lamar comes back and throws the TD and it’s now within 5. Just need a couple tackles or a sack from queen and I win on the last drive or hope the browns score and send it into OT. Queen gets one tackle so now within 3 points and browns score and tie it up. So happy but then Lamar drives the ball down, 3 completions I’m not sure how many yards but it keeps getting closer.

Final throw and then they have to spike it. Site updates and I’m down by .06 so only needed 2 more yards. Tucker is coming on and I know I now have to hope for a stat change. But wait browns start lateraling the ball and queen is out there, maybe he can get a tackle. Doesnt happen, by now everyone is in the chat talking abt the crazy ending but it doesn’t stop there. All of a sudden my score goes up after the game is over, Queen gets credited with a forced fumble and I’m now in the lead. I’m going crazy, league is in disbelief.

Wake up this morning and the forced fumble is gone, he technically did force a Higgins fumble during the laterals (little bit before humphries tipped it and got the safety) but I’m not in charge of that. Currently down 158.02-158.06. Start 6 IDP so maybe have a chance. I don’t think I woulda watched the game tho without this fantasy team and boy was it a fun game to watch
I came out on top after stat corrections. 159.02-158.08 thanks to an additional assisted tackle from foyesade oluokon. A lot less exciting winning this way and wish it coulda been on Monday night but hey a win is a win

Well, after Waller & Henry made me about a 90/10 favorite, Davis, Samuel and Adams last night now have me about a 40/60 underdog.

I went back and forth 10 times in the last hour whether to start Samuel or roll with either Mooney or Conner, and finally decided to leave him in. And WHERE TF did Rodney Smith come from all of a sudden??

I’m going to lose to a team starting Coutee, Bowden, among other studs. I have the #1 seeded team. 

The ups and downs this week.

Playing against Henry, Mahomes, Adams.  While

Mahomes and Henry had bug point... I was actually expecting more to really kill me. (But annoyed that two little pitches count as TD passes for Mahomes)

Have Rodgers so Adams small night was offset by my own lack of qb points.  And while I snuck in and grabbed and played Pollard...Cooks, Goedert and the Rams D struggles.

So i go into tonight down a bit having Chubb left vs his Ebron.

Scored 170 this week.   Which is pretty high.

I'm going to lose. Of course I would have crushed the other game 

pumped i made the right call on qb started hurts over russ and brees.... but will likely end up losing because my WR all stunk (started allen, kupp... lockett on bench) and opp had pollard/josh allen,... man if only zeke would have played.

1-for-2 here unless the Browns D can put up 30+

Davis, Adams & Samuel all coming up small and opp had Watson, Fournette, Hopkins and Kelce

3 leagues; already in two finals and can make the third with Roethlisberger outscoring Ebron by 1 point.

I beat a 12 - 1 team, a team starting both Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry and might beat a 2QB team starting Mahomes and Tannehill. 

I can thank Taysom Hill for keeping me alive and Jalen Hurts for getting me over the top when i lost Brees and Burrow.

DK Metcalf is only player on all three teams but had Hurts, Crosby and Ravens D on two teams each.

I'm psyched!

In the Final of my IDP PPR Dynasty League this weekend and had huge days from L-Jax, Diggs, Hopkins and LB D.White. 

Am up 71 points going into MNF - Opponent has Big Ben, Juju and DE Hubbard

I have Conner (or Snell) and hope he doesn't get a lights out game from Big ben to win my 2nd consecutive Ship and 3rd in 4 years. 

3 points down in my semi final with my Claypool v his Steelers D to come. Thanks very much Amari Cooper and TJ Hockenson for your combined 0.1 points !! 😡

After all the agonizing over the last flex spot , it's slightly comforting to know that it wouldn't have made any difference.  

Unless Conner goes for 35+ tonight in which case I can kick myself for 8 months for running Curtis Samuel out there Saturday night.

#1 seed bounced in the semi’s yet again. I got to play the 2nd highest scoring team (only I outscored him) that was the 5 seed because head to head records are luck.

Would have thrashed the other two teams easily of course, but my opponent put up his best week of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread