What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Quarry" on Cinemax (1 Viewer)

I watched the first 2 episodes over the weekend and am cautiously optimistic.  Concerned they may "Banshee" the show and screw it all up.

i never understood why the mississippi river is named the mississippi river and not the louisana river i mean i get why they did not name it the minnesota river cause who in the hell wants anything named after that god forsaken place but they could have named it the wisconsin river since we are sort of number two on it anyhow it is one of lifes mysteries that no one will ever be able to answer so i guess just ponder on it and hey man its like is there something more out there who knows but it is fun to think about anyhow i hope the show does not suck take that to the bank brohans 

First episode was good, loved the ending.  This type of show fits my wheelhouse and will continue on with it, the old lady checked out half way through tho, the beginning dragged a little bit before it picked up speed for the ending.

There were a few production type errors, but the story more than made up for them so far.

Solid first episode.

Best episode of the series showing Mac's back story in Vietnam.  I suppose that was the season finale as it finished with the scene that opened up episode 1.  Decent show imo.  

Caught the first 4 episodes.  Fairly Meh.  Gonna move on to westworld for a bit.  If they do a second season of this and it gets decent reviews I'll catch up.

Downloading episode 1 now.

Does it end satisfyingly even though it's cut short?
I think so. The first five min of the first episode are a flash-forward, and in the last episode they show what happens before/after what happened in the flash forward. I think it works both as a whole and as a first season of a multi-season show..

Marlo Stansfield, Dewey Crowe, and a superhot whorey wife.  Dig it 100% after episode 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marlo Stansfield, Dewey Crowe, and a superhot whorey wife.  Dig it 100% after episode 1.
Even though "Justified" sucks balls, that Harriman guy is awesome.

And the dude that plays the big, fat Elvisy bad guy (he shows up later) plays a big, fat guy in "The Missing" as well.

Users who are viewing this thread