What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keenan Allen owners, what's your plan? (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
So many have Allen as their WR1 this season and Allen's injury appears to be season ending. Do you have the WR depth to overcome the injury? Do you have to make a trade? Do you have a WW target? Or is your team is serious jeopardy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Snead on my bench and Gordon coming back after suspension. I will be fine, but I feel absolutley horrible for him.

Now I have to rely on Alshon as my #1 and Fitz as my #2. It can work but a Jeffrey injury would end my season for sure.

There's no easy answer. It's not like there's going to be a #1 WR on waivers this week.

I will be grabbing Travis Benjamin and praying.

Williams the back up at SD is looking promising.

Sanu is lighting it up and may be available in some leagues.

I don't have Allen but I'm always looking to pick up a guy.  Thinking about grabbing Williams but not sure who I'd drop.  Possibly Riddick? 

Hope for the best but there isn't much you can do when the guy you took on the 1/2 turn or thereabouts goes down for what looks like a season ending knee injury of some kind, just terrible. 

Sanu or Mike Wallace if they are available. In some leagues you get priority for an IR injury or season ending, we do in my leagues. 

Great thread idea, it's tough for owners right now, you did nothing wrong but there are guys you can grab that might be an immediate band aid. 

If Fuller somehow is around, for gawds sake pick him up. 

DJ Foster (WR/RB on Yahoo)

Maybe trade for a guy like Mike Wallace..... someone who is a WR4/5 with WR2/3 potential
I dislike making trades from a wounded position early in the season.  I'd rather work the wire and see what happens there.   I'm sure early trades work, but I don't want to give up a different asset this early in the season.

My plan is to go with Woodhead in the flex.  I should be fine as long as I don't go against the top scoring team every week of every season.     :ptts:

1) Wait for Gordon to get off suspension.

2) Trade a fringe backup RB that had a good day for someone of value (thinking R.Mathews for Snead or Wallace).

1) Wait for Gordon to get off suspension.

2) Trade a fringe backup RB that had a good day for someone of value (thinking R.Mathews for Snead or Wallace).
No one's gonna give up Snead for Matthews. Snead might be one of the SODs this season.

Not sure yet. Maybe pick up Inman or Williams. Also maybe Sanu, Wallace or Benjamin (If there. I haven't looked yet).

Drafted depth and can plug in Maclin and D Jackson. Stayed the course on filling the stable this year as a BU plan. Really struggled when the pick came up and passed on Evans. Tough to see the kid take another injury of this nature. 

They're playing at home in the dome against one of the worst pass defenses in the league. Snead's numbers are going to come down.
Completely disagree. Sure he's not going to be a WR1 but he still gets targeted heavily and only had 3 touchdowns last year.

I don't have Allen but I'm always looking to pick up a guy.  Thinking about grabbing Williams but not sure who I'd drop.  Possibly Riddick? 
You won't be dropping Riddick. Guy was #2 last year behind only Woodhead in targets and catches, caught 80 passes last year and hit the ground running this year.

Short term I can sub in Sanders or maybe Sharp. In terms of who to grab off WW, I think the key is not to overreact to Week 1 numbers and think opportunity instead. You're probably not going to get a WR1, but maybe there are some potential WR2s: LaFell, Agholor, Tyrell. All are out there in my 14 teamer.

I have Allen in one league and very good WR depth. I do nothing.

In leagues I don't have depth, I make a trade, its all you can do

Panicking mostly. Got Diggs and Marvin Jones as depth, don't feel great moving either of them to a regular spot.

Imma put in an effort to get Tyrrell, but I doubt I'll get him.

Fortunately I got Fuller for a dollar at the end of my auction,  but i have zero depth now. Sanu is looking like a guy I'll  go after, maybe Wallace. 

As John Elway would say when asked about Peyton Manning

Plan B.  We don't have a Plan B.  We are going with Plan A.

I'm screwed.  Was really leaning on this guy this year. 

Hurts for me, as I was already missing a true #1 with Allen and Demaryius as my top 2.  I'll be riding M. Floyd, Will Fuller and Sterling Shepard in his place, with hopes of picking up someone eventually,  I don't really see too many available WRs this week worth picking up, expect maybe M. Wallace.

I feel like I'm really screwed in the one league that I own him.  It's a ppr league--and I ended up drafting David Johnson at 1.8.  I wasn't intending on drafting an RB in the first--but I kinda bought the hype and wasn't expecting DJ to be available.   Luckily--I was able to get Allen Robinson in the second--and Keenan in the 3rd.  Now--I'm down to Arob-Randall Cobb-Diggs-Josh Gordon as my only wr's.   While that doesn't look terrible--I liked having Allen in there because I feel like he has such a high floor when he's on the field.   In my league--the WW for wr's is pretty dried up because of the full point ppr. Teams just stockpiled like crazy.  I think I might just look to pick up high a upside RB handcuff and hope for an injury.  At least then I could look to make a deal for a solid WR.   Sucks losing a key player so early in the season.  

ponchsox said:
The guy you pick up every year on the WW after a big game and he doesn't do jack?
Exactly. Guys like Royal, Beasley, LaFell and Enunwa seem like point-chasing to me. The first three have enough of a history that we know exactly who they are and what their ceilings are. The latter we really don't know, but absent an injury he has no path to fantasy relevance.

I don't know much about him, but I'm really intrigued by Tyrell. People were talking him up as a sleeper before the season, and who does he have competing with him for targets? Benjamin and Woodhead, sure, and Gates will probably have better weeks (KC always shuts him down), but beyond that there's only Inman. I think he has a pretty clear path to WR2 or even 1A (it's not like Benjamin is a stud who has a long-standing bond with Rivers).

No clue what I'm doing, I guess I'm going to try and get Benjamin and rolling with Floyd for now until I have  proven option.

Let's thank Allen for at least scoring us some points before he went down.

Was counting on him to be a healthy PPR monster in my PPR league. There is no replacement apart from the platitude which is, "Next man up"...

This is a tough one. First, as a lifelong Chargers fan, I'm feeling rather sick to my stomach after today. Then, when you throw in the fact that I have Keenan on seven of my 11 leagues, it's a definite double whammy. I do have Tyrell in six leagues, but this is still going to be hard to overcome.

I don't think that there is a way to completely replace Allen's probable top-5 numbers and high floor that he provides each week. The best we can do is roll with it and hope that the rest of the WRs pick up the slack (both in fantasy and IRL - at least as far as I'm concerned.)

I think that Philip will spread the ball around even more now. So from a fantasy perspective, that limits just picking up the "next man up". I think that they will use Tyrell and Inman both in Keenan's role, so you can probably bump their value a little (as well as Henry and Woodhead, imo, although Woody's already a steal at his ADP in PPR leagues, IMO). I don't think that Rivers' value drops that much because he's already proven that he can be productive regardless of whom he has at WR.

Effin sucks since I had Allen in two of my 3 leagues (all PPR). Definitely going to hurt me this week since Allen was in line for a big week. 

As far as replacments, I've got Fuller in both leagues so he's likely my replacement. 

Users who are viewing this thread