What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

For those not looking, Tajae Sharpe had 11 targets and now seems to be the WR1 there.

I have no clue who I would want on SD....

Josh Ferguson for the Colts looks to have carved himself out a role, and is involved with a few passes.

Looks like an immediate handcuff to Gore as far as I can see. (if you are in the business of handcuffing a Colt that is)

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Statorama said:
Barnidge will likely be on a lot of waiver wires tomorrow, so if you're a believer get ready to pounce
So what would make one a believer?  I used a 7th round pick on him, but - no targets? In a game they are losing?

TZMarkie said:
For those not looking, Tajae Sharpe had 11 targets and now seems to be the WR1 there.

I have no clue who I would want on SD....

Josh Ferguson for the Colts looks to have carved himself out a role, and is involved with a few passes.

Looks like an immediate handcuff to Gore as far as I can see. (if you are in the business of handcuffing a Colt that is)

Sharpe was drafted in every competitive league Unless your playing with guppies.., 

TZM

So what would make one a believer?  I used a 7th round pick on him, but - no targets? In a game they are losing?
According to Yahoo, he was targeted twice.  I'm hanging onto him simply because there are not any other TE's in my league worth grabbing yet. It wasn't a very good week for many TE's so far.  I lucked out on waivers already when I lost Bruce Ellington I picked up Tyrell Williams as a what the heck pick that looks like it might pay off.

Quincy Enunwa will probably be picked up in more than a few leagues but Tyrell Williams will probably be the top add this week. 

OK guys, lets hear it for a desperation TE play moving forward.

(from a disgruntled Jared Cook owner)

Don't even ask how I was cornered into Cook in the one draft I got him, it was the most fluky drafting I had ever seen. Nevertheless, I ended up with him.

Vance McDonald is on the wire, ASJ (not interested) Kyle Rudolph, Zach Miller, Clive Walford.

I am sure to be able to get Rudolph, and I am thinking he may be the better play than the others.

I bet Vance McDonald will be scooped up tonight if he does well on national TV, yeah the geese in my leagues are like that.

Looks like Dennis Pitta (who is close friends with Flacco) is back too. He had a handful of targets, he may well turn out to be "so-so".

TZM

His ADP was 15.06 .... it is extremely likely he wasn't drafted.
Fantasy pros has him at 12.02 in a standard non ppr. See I can do that too. Point being, even the casual FFer reading some late tea leaves should have had him on the radar late in any draft.

Fantasy pros has him at 12.02 in a standard non ppr. See I can do that too. Point being, even the casual FFer reading some late tea leaves should have had him on the radar late in any draft.
Good grief, does every one of these threads go into "you play with noobs and my league is better" territory?  It' not like we are talking about CJ Anderson being on the waivers in a league or something. 

Good grief, does every one of these threads go into "you play with noobs and my league is better" territory?  It' not like we are talking about CJ Anderson being on the waivers in a league or something. 
Unfortunately,  a lot of these threads go in that direction.  Fortunatley, there tends to be some good football commentary buried underneath if we have the patience to look for it.

I wasn't trying to belittle, just a little shocked. I thought he was pretty conscience sleeper pick.

For deeper leagues, I'd keep an eye on Dwayne Washington in Detroit.  Got some goal line work and Waldman was pimping him over the summer.
Not just a GL carry, all of them and it was his first two carries of his career. It was pretty telling considering Caldwell is on the hot seat and he had a capable "big" back in Zenner inactive.

I wasn't trying to belittle, just a little shocked. I thought he was pretty conscience sleeper pick.
First, it comes off as belittling. Second, even if you were shocked, the boards are more helpful if you keep that to yourself because... it comes off looking like belittling. 

These threads would be better if people would ask themselves how their post is going to add constructive value to the topic. If we took that approach, these threads would be much more helpful.

Unless ya wanna update posts by way of passing on their owned status...

Although its kinda worth noting that Fuller is only owned in 50% of Yahoo Leagues..

Sadly, I believe Fuller may have already been seeing some hype

Its like yeah, Sharks was right  Fuller is a GO!

tbh since Yahoo and other numbers are off a bit ?

I like the info to gauge my own Leagues competitiveness

IF a guy is in four Leagues, and Fuller was drafted  (there ya go)

Anyway  This is slightly more bn space here.. 

Im not even sure of the deal myself.

What do you guys make of Jets Quincy Enunwa

per Yahoo:  With Eric Decker seeing more action than usual on the perimeter, Enunwa took over as the Jets' primary slot receiver, an area where Ryan Fitzpatrick is very comfortable throwing the ball. Always a terrific athlete, we tend to believe Enunwa's production and heavy usage were not entirely a fluke in an offense that does not have a tight end. Enunwa is worth grabbing in 14- and 16-team leagues. He should also be picked up in Dynasty leagues if un-owned.

It sounds interesting , but I dont really know the player.

Its safe to say the Jets have been evaluating the WR position (which is a plus)

Jets have drafted, and added various WR's in recent yrs

Depending on the situation, it might be best to watch one more game..

p.s.  When Yahoo says 14-16   imho its like saying 12 w/ some bn space

First, it comes off as belittling.  Second, even if you were schocked, the boards are more helpful if you keep that to yourself because... it comes off looking like belittling. 

These threads would be better if people would ask themselves how their post is going to add constructive value to the topic. If we took that approach, these threads would have much more helpful.
It's over Frank. Let it go.

First, it comes off as belittling.  Second, even if you were schocked, the boards are more helpful if you keep that to yourself because... it comes off looking like belittling. 

These threads would be better if people would ask themselves how their post is going to add constructive value to the topic. If we took that approach, these threads would have much more helpful.
Futz did own up to his mistake and apologize for it.

i say we give him a pass, this time.

lol

Futz did own up to his mistake and apologize for it.

i say we give him a pass, this time.

lol
I'm pretty sure if this were a Game of Thrones episode, my head would already be rolling around at your feet but thanks anyways! ;)

Duly noted, Futz. LaFell wasn't drafted in a lot of leagues. We love our shiny new rookies such as Boyd, but should people be picking up LaFell for the time being?

Duly noted, Futz. LaFell wasn't drafted in a lot of leagues. We love our shiny new rookies such as Boyd, but should people be picking up LaFell for the time being?
Depends.  How smart do you think Marvin Lewis is?

If he's not very bright, pick up LaFell.

If he knows what he's doing, he'll recognize that Boyd is twice the receiver LaFell is.

...and I own neither.

It feels like chasing stats to me. He only saw four targets and caught All 4 and that's efficiency that he's not likely to see going forward. Not to mention Cincinnati would really not prefer to air it out if they can. 

I will say this about LaFell, he may have bottomed out in NE but it's not that uncommon. If you don't mesh with Brady quickly, you are done there. I think he's a capable WR with some staying power this year but the #2 in Cincy will always be wildly erratic on a weekly basis. Don't forget, Eifert is on his way back too. Clear as mud?

Any tes?  I took a chance on cook and am already looking to move on.  Gonna watch that San Fran te closely tonight, along with the Jesse james

IF AP cant get it together

It might be a good idea to keep an eye on Adam Thielen  (MN state WR)

ESPN Vikings reporter Ben Goessling said WR Adam Thielen has gotten "consistent work with the top three-receiver set."
That was the unit Thielen worked with in the preseason opener, where he caught one pass for 22 yards. It is possible Thielen is seeing more work because Jarius Wright is sidelined with an undisclosed injury, but he was taking those snaps even before Wright went down.

SOS looks better than some teams too

Any tes?  I took a chance on cook and am already looking to move on.  Gonna watch that San Fran te closely tonight, along with the Jesse james
McDonald should see 5+ targets tonight. It wouldn't surprise me ifhe runs 5 people over and scores 3 TD's or drops them all.

Jalen Richard, blee dat!
Anything to see here?

The long TD was impressive, looks like a decent job of pass pro across the formation on the TD to Cooper, and he was in the whole game winning drive I believe, showing trust from the coaches.

Still the presence of Murray, Washington, and Jones would appear to severely limit his touches.  One week wonder or redraft value here?

Depends.  How smart do you think Marvin Lewis is?

If he's not very bright, pick up LaFell.

If he knows what he's doing, he'll recognize that Boyd is twice the receiver LaFell is.

...and I own neither.
Boyd is mainly a slot player and Lafell is an outside receiver.  Lafell is going to play more in this offense based on that alone no matter who is better. 

Boyd is mainly a slot player and Lafell is an outside receiver.  Lafell is going to play more in this offense based on that alone no matter who is better. 
Boyd is a better receiver than LaFell.

If that means he plays outside in 2 receiver sets, and inside in 3 receiver sets, so be it.

Boyd is a better receiver than LaFell.

If that means he plays outside in 2 receiver sets, and inside in 3 receiver sets, so be it.
La Fell might not be a bad add especially for a AJ Green owner but Robert Woods and Charles Clay may be the better long term pick ups as Watkins is dealing with a foot injury and could miss time.

Users who are viewing this thread