What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

idp waiver week 2 (1 Viewer)

tileman

Footballguy
league 1 I have kuechly,cj mosely,jordan hicks,zachary orr, deion jones , available on waiver sio moore and craig Robertson, start 2 LB's and 1 defense flex 1.25 per tackle and 5 for sack, 3 point bonus every 5 tackles,   league 2 I have deandre levy, cj mosely, Jordan hicks, deion jones, available on wire jonathan Casillas, craig Robertson,sio moore, j hughes, 1.5 per tackle and 5 per sack, 3 point bonus for every 5 tackles, start 2 LB's,  Mosely and hick's tackles 1st week worry me would you drop any and pick up 1? thanks in advance our waiver wire  is a auction with $100 budget per year closes every day at 11:00 am eastern starting tomorrow I am sure the ones I listed will go 

I wouldn't drop any of your rostered guys for the waiver lists you mentioned.  It is only one week.  I would give it at least another week before panicking.

Is Kwon Alexander worth a pick-up?   Dude had 15 solos.
If Kwon somehow wasn't already on a roster, RUN to the waiver wire and add him. 

13th in points per game in balanced scoring last season.  He shouldn't be an unknown by any means.

If Kwon somehow wasn't already on a roster, RUN to the waiver wire and add him. 

13th in points per game in balanced scoring last season.  He shouldn't be an unknown by any means.
Well, I'd like to add him, and could certainly as I have the number one waiver wire priority, but I just can't see spending that on a defender.  I think I'll wait for waivers to clear and try to add him as a free agent as soon as it opens back up.  He is available.

Well, I'd like to add him, and could certainly as I have the number one waiver wire priority, but I just can't see spending that on a defender.  I think I'll wait for waivers to clear and try to add him as a free agent as soon as it opens back up.  He is available.
He isn't going to be there....if you want him, you are going to put in the waiver wire request on him.  Unless there is someone else you would rather target with that priority, I would pull the trigger.  You don't want to become paralyzed with not wanting to use the number one waiver wire priority.  You will miss out on a lot of good pick ups, waiting for the perfect move.  And....a lot of people will be using their waiver wire pick ups this week...you will move up the list quickly. 

He isn't going to be there....if you want him, you are going to put in the waiver wire request on him.  Unless there is someone else you would rather target with that priority, I would pull the trigger.  You don't want to become paralyzed with not wanting to use the number one waiver wire priority.  You will miss out on a lot of good pick ups, waiting for the perfect move.  And....a lot of people will be using their waiver wire pick ups this week...you will move up the list quickly. 
Well, I'll have to give it some thought.  There's nobody else out there I really want this week, although I do need a replacement for K. Allen eventually.  I just don't see any WR's that I really need, that are available.  Maybe I'll pull the trigger on Alexander.  Is he an easy start over D'Qwell Jackson most weeks?

Is Sio Moore the real deal? Big week and trying to figure out if he is worth going after.  
Just consider the point of  what Jerrell Freeman was putting up in that spot last year. 13 games -- 66 solos, 46 assist, 3 sacks, 1int. Only 4 players in the entire NFL ended up with 135 combined tackles and that was the pace Freeman was upon even with D Jackson being #2 in the NFL in combined tackles. 

Worth the roster space.

Here are the top targets I'm looking at in my dynasty league. 

LB:

Mason Foster, WASH 14 total tackles

Sio Moore, IND 13 total tackles

Will Compton, WASH 13 total tackles

Tahir Whitehead, DET 10 total tackles

Manti Te'o, SD 10 total tackles

Justin March, KC 9 total tackles

DL:

Steve McLendon, NYJ 5 total tackles, 2 sacks

Eddie Goldman, CHI 6 total tackles, .5 sacks

DB:

Shareece Wright, BAL 11 total tackles

Isa Abdul-Quddus, MIA 8 total tackles, Int

Da'Norris Searcy, TEN 8 total tackles

Coty Sensabaugh, LA 9 total tackles, ff

Trae Waynes, MIN 10 total tackles

Xavien Howard, MIA 11 total tackles

Shawn Williams, CIN 9 total tackles

Steven Nelson, KC 9 total tackles

I'll pass on Mason Foster.  We know what he is, and what he is is a replaceable talent. 

Moore, Compton, Whitehead I like as startes the rest of the year.  

massraider said:
I'll pass on Mason Foster.  We know what he is, and what he is is a replaceable talent. 

Moore, Compton, Whitehead I like as startes the rest of the year.  
But if you can ride him out for a year or even a few games, why not? 

If Sio Moore can stay healthy he can be very good.
He played 47 of 64 snaps, so not quite every down.  He also had 13 total tackles in those 47 snaps, which is pretty high.  But I agree he can be very good.

My league is pretty sack heavy - 3 points, but as a sack is also technically a tackle, you get a point for the tackle as well.  A single sack fumble, then, is worth 6 points - the same as an offensive player's TD. 

That said, Dalton was sacked 7 times, and Cutler 5.  Any decent WW DL from Pit or Philly in your league?  I got Conner Barwin (Phi) last week thinking he'd at least get one sack vs RG3, which he did.  I'll ride that hot hand another week and see if he can get Cutler. 

I was pretty disappointed with Noah Spence getting zilch. Same with Calvin Pryor (who did leave the game for a bit). 

Not to turn this into the AC but Sio Moore is he worth replacing one of the following?  Timmons, Sean Lee, Cravens, Buccannon, Preston Brown?  Start 4 LB's

How could he be a FA, wow
Alexander is a FA in one of my leagues as well....it is a start 3 defensive flex league...so there is more than one place where he is not on a roster.  He is only rostered in 50% of the espn leagues.  Every league is different.

Calling a league an "idp league" when only the top 24-36 idp play in a week is a little misleading.  It's comparable to referring to a "standard league" that starts 1rb and 2wr (no flex).  Such a league would have guys like TBenjamin, Duke Johnson and even Maclin as potentially waiver fodder, unlike any reasonable "standard league."

Best advice for such idp-dabblers is "punt the position, stock up on offensive talent throughout the draft, then look for that top-20 lb and top-10 dl on the waiver wire after week one.  They are kind of like kickers in this format.

Note:  Im not saying there is anything wrong with such leagues.  One of my locals was like that for a long time.  Its just totally different from a league where idps are a meaningful contribution to overall scoring, comparable to low-end (or even high-end) offensive talent.  

Looking at Sio Moore, Mason Foster, Justin March. Abdul-Quddis, Searcy all available in my 20 team dynasty.

Sean Lee, Brandon Marshall, Denzel Perryman is rostered.

Kenny Vaccaro ,Calvin Pryor rostered.

Pryor gave me a big doughnut and I lost by 3 pts this week. 

Any suggestions

Kwon is young with big upside and showed it. He should be a top target in any league where he's available. 

Mason Foster stepped into a starting ILB role, and did well with it. He's not flashy but should not stay on the wire except in the deepest of leagues. I added him in both my IDP leagues and started him. He's a smart player that can get the job done. Even if he doesn't make a full season, he should be solid until he hits the injury sheets. 

I'm buying both SD CBs and Sensabaugh for the Rams, at least as streamers. They have plus matchups this weekend and showed they can rack up tackles/stats. 

Update. In a 32 team, heavy IDP league,, Sio went for half of the owners budget. 

We start 3 LBs x 32 teams so finding someone after the draft is rare. 

Update. In a 32 team, heavy IDP league,, Sio went for half of the owners budget. 

We start 3 LBs x 32 teams so finding someone after the draft is rare. 
Went after Sio myself in a large roster league.  That Colts defense looks like it's going to be spending a lot of snaps on the field this season.

If you guys are still sleeping on Ray Ray Armstrong, time to wake up. 9ers D is going to be on the field a lot this year and he has the athleticism to have big games you want from fringe/fill in guys.

If you guys are still sleeping on Ray Ray Armstrong, time to wake up. 9ers D is going to be on the field a lot this year and he has the athleticism to have big games you want from fringe/fill in guys.
Other than he hurt pectoral and that is not good news. Better wait for Mri. Picked him up in early August 

Crippler said:
Other than he hurt pectoral and that is not good news. Better wait for Mri. Picked him up in early August 
Did not hear that... Well it's never too early to start the Eli Harold train lol

Bojang0301 said:
Meh. The only thing I don't like about that opposite ILB spot from Bowman is it's a 3 way competition. Ray Ray, Gerald Hodges (also pretty good), and Michael Wilhoite. That's a lose-lose...-lose IMO. I'd stay away.

Not necessarily a waiver wire add just yet.  Talking in a true IDP league, rookie LB Cory James in Oakland should be on your watch list.

Jack 'of the River' jumped in and benched Ben Heeney in the 4th quarter yesterday due getting beat over and over again. James had a great preseason and could be a mainstay if given the full opportunity.

Not necessarily a waiver wire add just yet.  Talking in a true IDP league, rookie LB Cory James in Oakland should be on your watch list.

Jack 'of the River' jumped in and benched Ben Heeney in the 4th quarter yesterday due getting beat over and over again. James had a great preseason and could be a mainstay if given the full opportunity.

did not know that. interesting...

:thumbup:

I had made a post in another thread that the team thought if the preseason had lasted a bit longer James would have won the job over Heeney. As such its not too surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donny Loved Bowling said:
Bashaud Breeland with back-to-back impressive stat lines. Assuming that teams continue to pick on him, is he a starting-caliber DB?
Breeland was solid last year as well but now he's got Josh Norman opposite him so he gets even more attention. Plus he's not afraid to tackle and seems to be one of those players that have a knack for being involved in turnovers.  Also depends on your scoring. We get 3 for PDs so he was borderline top 10 DB for us. 

Rookie DE Yannick Ngakoue of Jacksonville started and played over Donte Fowler Jr (who had two sacks). NGak had 3 tackles and sack, while Odrick didn't register any stats.

The edge players for Jacksonville had the following snap and playtime % week 2...

• OLB T Smith 61 (90%)
  • DE Ngakoue 42 (62%)
  • DE Odrick 41 (60%)
  • DE Fowler 36 (53%)
  • OLB Skuta 29 (43%)
  • OLB Pullard 7 (10%)
Ngakoue actually had more playtime then both Fowler and Odrick week 1, even though he did not start.

Rookie DE Yannick Ngakoue of Jacksonville started and played over Donte Fowler Jr (who had two sacks). NGak had 3 tackles and sack, while Odrick didn't register any stats.

The edge players for Jacksonville had the following snap and playtime % week 2...

• OLB T Smith 61 (90%)
  • DE Ngakoue 42 (62%)
  • DE Odrick 41 (60%)
  • DE Fowler 36 (53%)
  • OLB Skuta 29 (43%)
  • OLB Pullard 7 (10%)
Ngakoue actually had more playtime then both Fowler and Odrick week 1, even though he did not start.
Odrick came out for a while with an elbow injury in the 1st and the in the 3rd got yanked after an unsportsmanlike penalty and went off on Bradley on the sideline. So both things affected his snap total.

Hodges takes over for Ray-Ray in SF?
Armstrong and Gerald Hodges had been sharing snaps at the “Will” linebacker spot next to NaVorro Bowman. Hodges took all of the snaps there after Armstrong left Sunday’s game, although defensive coordinator Jim O’Neil said special teamers Michael Wilhoite and Nick Bellore also are available to play the position.

“It (stinks),” O’Neil said of the injury. “But as I said all along, we’re going to need Wilhoite, we’re going to need Gerald to help us win football games.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack Del Rio hinted in his press conference that Karl Joseph will start seeing some time with the starting defense....probably not startable this week but could be a preemptive add if he was dropped.

Any other word on Cory James for the Raiders?  Long-term prospect for dynasty or one-year fill-in until they draft someone better?

Users who are viewing this thread