What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Why Did You Lose (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Just a venting thread for why we lost whatever matchup we had.  Maybe it was a decision of who to start that burned you or a player on the other team that just absolutely dominated, get it out here.  

As for me, I'm going to follow in the footsteps of Mr. Matthew Berry and his "Ted F'ing Ginn" so I'm going to follow the trend, and for me it was Allen F'ing Robinson that screwed me.  Had he had a good game (15+ points), I would have not only won 2/4 of my matchups, but I would of won some decent money from DFS as well.  I wanted to trade him before the season in one of my leagues that I took over the team but nobody wanted to even talk about him so I'm stuck with his 10.2 points.  Sad excuse for an outting from him and I expected a big game in a high scoring affair.  

Bonus mention of Tyrod Taylor.  How the *insertwhatevercursewordyouwant* did he only get me 5.4 in a superflex?  Ugh, hate this fantasy football thing haha, but I can't stay away.

Allen Robinson got 15 targets, the most of any player in week 1. I didn't watch the game, but that has to be a silver lining going forward. It could be worse. You could have drafted Dez Bryant or Keenan Allen instead. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Because my TE (Barnidge), DB (Kurt Coleman), and LB (D'Qwell Jackson) failed to make it to the stadium.  Also didn't help that Allen went out in the first half.  Thanks FF Gods.

Edited to add that my week was saved by DeAngelo Williams.  Those guys mentioned above owe D. Williams a beer.

Allen Robinson got 15 targets, the most of any player in week 1. I didn't watch the game, but that has to be a silver lining going forward. It could be worse. You could have drafted Dez Bryant or Keenan Allen instead. 
I did watch, and GB was beating the crap out of him and the refs weren't calling it (and I say that as neither a Jax homer nor an ARob owner).  He'll be fine. 

I'm going to lose because I will go up against the team with the highest point total.  Any other opponent and I win.  Same exact why I got knocked out of my fantasy baseball playoffs.

Because the refs were afraid to tell James Harrison he really didn't intercept that ball at the end of MNF.

Gronk injured and mediocre games from Allen Robinson and James Stewart while facing teams consisting of CJ Anderson, Antonio Brown and Vikings D in one league and Brees/Cooks in another league that significantly rewards long TDs.

If I lose it will probably be due to playing Ivory. 

Was at a game Sunday and was having too much fun to even think about looking at my lineup to see if anyone was out. 

Lost 130-131 in a 12 teamer. 

Had Keenan Allen who tore his ACL. But....I just needed 2 more points to win this week......so depressing. 

No bragging, grieving, crowing thread this year? Or did it just get bumped off the first page with 100 stickies yesterday?

Because I chose to draft and then start:

Tyrod (QB31 pending Keenum) 

Ingram (RB28)

Freeman (RB42)

Duke (RB42)

Catanzaro (K25)

Even if I had picked a perfect lineup I still would have gotten smoked, played the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. Snapped a 9 game win streak (tied with three others for longest in the leagues 24 year history.) Doesn't seem likely I'll win my third title in four years but #justgetthere we'll see what happens.

0-3: Faced the highest scoring team (and scored 6th/12), faced the highest scoring team (and would've lost to most), faced the 2nd highest scoring team (and scored 7th/12)

My buddy and I both lost solely because of #31 on the Steelers defense on a single play. If he had let Desean Jackson catch the ball rather than committed pass interference, we both would have won (buddy had Cousins, I had Jackson). 

willie snead on my bench outscored julio jones, allen robinson, and dez bryant combined in my starting lineup. carlos hyde on my bench missed outscoring latavius murray and mark ingram combined by a point in my starting lineup. making my case for fantasy coach of the year early.

Because an unstoppable looking line up of ...

Russell Wilson

Brandon Marshall

Alshon Jeffery

LeSean McCoy

Mark Ingram

Greg Olsen

Jeremy Maclin

DeSean Jackson

Put up less than 100 points.

When you go to sleep needing 8 points out of Gurley against the freaking 49ers and wake up to a loss... 

Hyde's second TD best me by .7 points. Furious as he was gifted it by 40 yards of penalties giving 1st and goal in the 1 and Donald ejection

I played the highest scoring team in the league and scored the second most points.

Other league has multiple reasons why I lost.  

Put up decent points in both though and like my squads.  Can't win them all and would rather lose early than late

Because I chose to draft and then start:

Tyrod (QB31 pending Keenum) 

Ingram (RB28)

Freeman (RB42)

Duke (RB42)

Catanzaro (K25)

Even if I had picked a perfect lineup I still would have gotten smoked, played the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. Snapped a 9 game win streak (tied with three others for longest in the leagues 24 year history.) Doesn't seem likely I'll win my third title in four years but #justgetthere we'll see what happens.
I always admire you guys in a 32 team league.

Because the pretend players FBGs told me to draft / start weren't as lucky as the pretend players ____________ told my opponent to draft / start.

Bad luck!! 

I lost by .3 in my first league to the team that had the highest score this week. 

In my second league I lost because the commissioner in our league accidently had the FA locked Sunday morning and I was unable to pickup a backup to Gronk. The player I wanted (Ebron) scored enough this week that I would have won, but it doesn't matter in this league, my team is toast--Gronk hurt, K Allen out for the year and a complete void at RB==a wasted FFL season.

Because the stupid Rams D couldn't manage to get a single sack in this game.  Where the heck was this vaunted front 7 we heard so much about?  

Or if I'd have started Melvin Gordon over OBJ...yeah that ain't happening

I played Marcus Mariota (FLEX), Odell Beckham and Randall Cobb over Ameer Abdullah, Will Fuller and Eli Rogers... I should've known!

My week 1 ....

Lost by 1.8 points!!!!!!!!!!

Barnidge got me 0 points, Chiefs got me 1 point!!!!!

Played against Taylor (5.5 pts), Johnson Jr. (8 pts), Abdullah (23 pts), Jones (16.6), Cooper (21.7), Ertz (11.8), Cooks (33.4), Rams (3), Hopkins (10)

Low scores and unbelievable scores cannot believe it.

Dez - 1.8

Gurley - 5.2

Chiefs D - 1.0

Finished last in points on the week and lost to the guy who finished 2nd to last by over 16 points.  All I needed was about 8 pts from each and I win.  Even that would have been a bad day.

Users who are viewing this thread